We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2: Unofficial Patch

Xarlith

Hey guys/gals! been playing on the patch v0.4 with out any game issues!

would like to point out with Auto Trans the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 holds its gears just little to long past rev limit on each gear :(

can this be addressed next patch?

Thanks again for all the hard work you moders do!

I mentioned the same problem with the Gallardo. In worst case it stucks for about 5 to 10 seconds at the speed limiter before shifting to next higher gear. It looks like an attempt to fix the crappy original automatic (senseless shifting after groundwaves, and shifting to early) but somehow it does not work 100% how it should work. Downshifting works perfectly.

I have a question regarding the original TDU folder. I don't have the game on Steam, bought a retail version, so after I've unpacked the game and I'm playing with unilauncher can I delete the original folder, from which I unpacked, to save space?

Sorry if this question has been answered before I just don't have the skills to scroll through 1887 posts.

The whole folder no go into it and theres backup folder created by unpacker you can delete that on it contains all the BIG and MAP files the game was unpacked from

Thanks for the reply.

Hmm, weird. There doesn't seem to be any folder named like that there. The BIG and .map files are located in the root folder. I could delete them manually, perhaps?

No problem

Hmm I think yes, but just to be sure i would first move them to somewhere else and see if they game is working and then delete them unless you are 100% sure your game runs on unpacked files for instance if mods are working then yes you can delete right away them :)

I have a question regarding the original TDU folder. I don't have the game on Steam, bought a retail version, so after I've unpacked the game and I'm playing with unilauncher can I delete the original folder, from which I unpacked, to save space?

Sorry if this question has been answered before I just don't have the skills to scroll through 1887 posts.

Make sure to backup your original game files on an external device. You might need them for a future reinstall. And you don't want to re-download all updates from Atari. Also if you mess up your unpacked folder, you can easily create a new one that way.

Don't delete without making a backup first.

:cool:

Be sure you are using the right (original) version of the testdrive2.exe. If you have a patched one (e. g. paintshop-unlocker) then it might not work online. Copy the testdrive2.exe from your packed folder to your unpacked folder, then it should work.

That's the only reason that would make sense to me why you can't play online with the unpacked patched version.

Does this work online? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've seen others with the mod play online, but I can't now I've installed it. Then again the servers may be down yet again :(

Make sure you unpack a vanilla, updated (0.34) version of TDU2. And apply the UP V04 (for unpacked) on it.

That will work online and give you all the extra benefits, like new cars and fixes as offset wheels, holes in cockpits etc.

Found 3 bugs on new cars:

Camaro SS (old car in world classic dealer)

- The SS Logo is seen twices on the steering wheel (above its normal position its shown half above it, flicking too)

- You can not move your head inside the car to look left and rigth like you can in other cars

Shelby GT 500 (old car in world classic)

- When you inside the car and look to the passenger door, the texture where the door handle is, shows up like small cubes, if you look at the same texture on the driver side its normal placed, so I guess its a UV mapping issue.

Saleen S7 TTC

- On exterior and Interior the 2nd wind screen wiper (the one on the driver side) is completly missing from the 3d model.