We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew: Car List - [UP29: Mar 1st 2016]

CarMadMike

Am I the only one that wasn't bothered by the things that were absent from the cockpit view ? I mean yeah it would be really nice to have the full functioning mirrors and displays but I had so much fun in this game (2nd Closed PC Beta) alongside my friends that I hardly ever noticed the fact that the SatNav inside my R34 or it's mirrors weren't working :D
It's about the immersion for people who criticise the lack of these things, many won't get to drive these cars and so seeing an accurate representation of what you would see when sitting behind the wheel just gives it that touch more class to the virtual experience. :D

Don't forget what the power of recollection can do with people especially if they've heard Jeremy Clarkson getting giddy when the lights on the steering wheel of the Ferrari he's driving make him feel like an F1 driver. ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you can see in the trailer, this is already known about the packs:

Speed pack = SL63AMG + Saleen S7 + Mclaren F1

Vintage pack = Corvette C2 + Corvette C3 + Spyker C8 Aileron

Extreme pack = V12 Zagato + Abarth 500 + ??

Raid pack = Touareg (Full stock as mentioned by Corwynn and the Race-Touareg) + ??

The C63 AMG might also be in the Extreme pack?

In the copyright, Lotus is still there, but also Mazda...

I'm really curious what Raid-cars will be in there, because they only showed the Touareg...

Ugh, nonsense. Those cars are in-game at launch. It would be stupid if they had the cars that are meant for DLC already in the game. Ivory aint that dumb. Every car that is shown there is in the game, everything else would be pure potato salad. And why should the 500 be in the extreme pack, in that sense?

Why are you apologising? You said you didn't believe a company could do dumb things, we answered that by showing you proof that yes it does happen. If you'd rather shut your eyes to this stuff then fair enough, but the rest of us won't just sit back and watch it get even worse.

I love me that McLaren F1, looks like they allow you to make it look like a GTR or LM (how can one tell the diffrence between a LM and a GTR (shorttail) without seeing the interior? I for sure CAN'T XD

For some reasons I kinda expect the Pagani Zonda R and the Lamborghini Veneno to be part of the Extrem Car Pack. The F1 maybe considered as a Classic car to some extend? who knows. I still looking forward to see a Audi appearing (I'm expecting that).

All in all I'm unsure with of those cars are in what pack I could image the majority of those cars be a DLC but may not all of em? or maybe they all are. Dosnt really matter to me I got my seasonpass in my Pocket.

In either way this games car list looks purely awesome to me. I mean it has awesomeness clustered all over itself :D

For the McLaren F1 does anyone think we can put a Longtail like bodykit onto it? :3

to Reilsss: Maybe they planned the McLaren F1 Longtail as a racecar for Circuit spec. When you take a closer look at the trailer you can already spot 2 different frontends: standard F1 road car and F1 LM ground effects kit (guess this is for Perf spec).

BTW I think that with the new DLC plans the developers break their original spec concept.

Aston Martin V12 Zagato should be a Perf of the car it is based on rather than a standalone model. Same goes for the Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 (I know, not DLC related).

I would have thought of the following model tree:

Stock: Ford Mustang GT

Street: Boss 302 (balanced for road and track use)

Perf: Shelby GT500 (think of the Super Snake, perfect matching the definition of Perf spec: enormous accelaration and speed, therefore less control)

Also why did they chose the Mercedes SL63 AMG?

In my opinion The Crew's spec logic would look like this:

Stock: SL65 AMG or SL600

Perf: SL 65 AMG Black Series (look at the car in the bespoke trailer, you can clearly see a Perf spec SL63 AMG)

Now we have 3 AMG models with basically the same 6.3 litre engine. With the Pagani Huayra even a model for the AMG V12 already exists in The Crew. Okay it is highly modified but the base is the same and for the displacement the block simply could have been downscaled which is a lot easier in 3D than in the real world.

Do not get me wrong, I like how the carlist devoleped over the last months, but the mentoined models just do not match the originally claimed purpose of the spec system.

If you look at some already confirmed examples of cars in the game you can clearly see what I mean:

Lamborghini Murciélago

Stock: LP 640

Perf: LP 670-4 SV

Circuit: Murciélago R-GT

Nissan Skyline

Stock: R34 Skyline GT-R

Street: mostly Nismo inspired

Perf: aftermarket import custom

Circuit: JGTC racecar

MINI

Stock: MINI Cooper S

Street: MINI Cooper JCW (in mostly every other game the John Cooper Works would be a standalone model)

(I left out Dirt or Raid in this because they do not have real life counterparts)

Also I noticed in the DLC trailer that the McLaren MP4-12C has blue tail light casings. I think these should be black on a stock model. The showcased one could be a Perf spec (as we know on supercars this replaces the Street spec) but it is missing the jagged side panels (I really hope that the Perf spec cars will be available with stock fender panels and some subtle rear spoilers because on a lot of the shown cars the parts destroy the original flow of the lines).

Sorry for writing so much but I felt to share these thoughts with you guys.

Now we have 3 AMG models with basically the same 6.3 litre engine. With the Pagani Huayra even a model for the AMG V12 already exists in The Crew. Okay it is highly modified but the base is the same and for the displacement the block simply could have been downscaled which is a lot easier in 3D than in the real world.

The 6.3AMG = 6.2V8 AMG. The same for the C63, SL63 and SLS.

The 6.5AMG = 6.0V12 biturbo AMG. The engine for the Huayra is modified in the way that it comes with 2 custom turbo's and a custom intercooler configuration. So possibly not that different? Although the Huayra is mid-engine and the SL and SLS are front-engine... :o

It's true they could have chosen a older Mercedes to give us more variety. Like a SL55 AMG, SL73 AMG, 190E 2.5-E 16V, 450 SEL 6.9, etc. Or other new one's, like the new S65 AMG or S65 AMG Coupe.

The V12 Zagato is based on the V12 Vantage, which isn't in the game (V8 Vantage is). Also, the V12 Zagato has got a racing spec in real life, so that will become the Circuit/Performance spec in The Crew I believe. The V8 Vantage has it's own Performance spec (= N24 mixed with GT2). This option by Ivory Towers gives us 2 Aston's instead of 1. So I'm not complaining. :)

With the Mustang you're totally right! If you look at the Performance spec's of the Mustang GT 2011 and GT500 Shelby, you can hardly see the difference (apart from the MY).

The 6.3AMG = 6.2V8 AMG. The same for the C63, SL63 and SLS.

This is exactly what I meant and why I said that they could have included the Mercedes V12, too.

When I read the thing with the numbers now I remember that a few weeks ago I even watched the video where Chris Harris mentions that the V8 in fact is a 6.2 litre. Sorry , overlooked that.

As for the Huayra I thought that it is the one with the bigger displacement , 7291 cm³ to be exact but it seems that was only for some ultra rare Zonda models. Should have looked that up before.

About front- and mid-engine: I meant the core is the same and this would save them time with the CAD which in my opinion is the most time consuming job in the process of creating a new car.

And clever Aston Martin to make the Vantage S so similar to the Vantage V12. I totally forgot that they even officially announced that one.

I have to admit that I always thought about the Zagato as an overexpensive car with a rebuild body and ugly rear wing.

I promise, next time before posting I will check if my memory is working correct :)

Maybe I got a bit carried away because of the profit talk in the DLC trailer thread.

Updated the list to reflect the latest known info and known DLC cars as well as those that are unknown but were shown in DLC related media.

Interestingly the cars we have seen in previous media before the Season Pass trailer came out are kind of in a sort of limbo, the SRT Viper and the Alfa Romeo 4C for example. Unless one of them is coming to the Extreme Pack, though where does that then put the C63 AMG? :hmmm:

So that's 43 cars that are possibly in the launch game? Maybe more, or less depending if even more of the cars that have been shown already are DLC. :hmmm:

That's incredibly depressing. I'm not expecting GT number of cars but at least meeting or exceeding what TDU/2, or FH/2 has would be nice.

In all fairness you can't expect this game to hit Forza Horizon numbers but TDU numbers would be a good start. One thing to take into account and we won't really know how this goes until either real close to release or until we have the game ourselves is how many of those Circuit specs are real world examples essentially making another new car for the game. Not sure if many of the other specs can properly reflect a totally new car like Circuit can, maybe Raid?

In all fairness you can't expect this game to hit Forza Horizon numbers but TDU numbers would be a good start. One thing to take into account and we won't really know how this goes until either real close to release or until we have the game ourselves is how many of those Circuit specs are real world examples essentially making another new car for the game. Not sure if many of the other specs can properly reflect a totally new car like Circuit can, maybe Raid?

Yeah totally, if they are then I can be more forgiving about the low number of cars. Though ideally I'd like to see double what's here.. Ah well, hopefully it'll be as enjoyable as TDU was. That'll be worth it.