We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BTCC 2013

Ryzza5

Yeah, just saw Thruxton this weekend. Did anyone else think that Shedden drove into Plato in that first race? He already had the inside line going into the next right hander, but he turned sharply to the left which I wasn't expecting, so not surprised contact was made tbh. Great driving in the next two races by him though.

Shame about the punctures too, that sort of stuff makes the championship less enjoyable to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Race 2 at Snetterton was very good, extremely close. Race 3 was a bit of a mess. I think Matt Neil would get away with his bump on Colin as he was up far enough and Colin just drove into him to force a block, but Gordon should've been penalised for taking him out as he was never close enough to have a hope of pulling that off. (I might be confusing the two Honda drivers around). Shame Plato wasn't able to contest there following his good practice and qualifying pace.

Yeah it was a good set of races but I agree that FLASH should have been given some sort of penalty or something which is hard for me to say being a fellow Scot, however I will always support a saloon car over a hatchback and I want to see good close but fair racing, tapping a car to put it out wide or to unsettle a little on a corner is all well and good but effectively sending the person into a spin, that does not bode well for me.

Knockhills great in general, small but fun. I'll hopefully be taking the civic round it by the end of the year if I've sorted all the little niggles in time.

Seeing the British drift championship is something, the first corner (blind crest, or 'Seat curves' to give it its real name) is a\ bit nuts for that! :lol:

One of the best places to watch from track side is at the corner just after the 'curves', as see the cars coming down it, round the corner your at(Scotsman) then down 'Butchers' to chicane.

• 2 weeks later...

So not only was it a great day...

I managed to walk around the track and get into the pits while near enough the whole BTCC grid was still there. Dunno if we were allowed to do any of it but they never cared, even got asked to help push Ollie Jackson's car.

I'll get the better pictures on photobucket later in the week, but heres one limked from my FB...

1004535_10151781260386132_1561020073_n.jpg

Also managed to meet a few of the drivers this way. :nods:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Silverstone was pretty good. I don't know about the commentators call on Neal v Tordoff. From the reverse camera on the car ahead if seemed pretty clear that Neal yanked the wheel to the right to do a PIT maneuver on him when he still had straight road ahead of him. He did really well in Race 1 though.