We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Renault Megane RS

Emir13

Hello guys. Here's one my friend who wants to buy Renault Megane RS 2010.

He is not a really good internet guy so he asked me to ask you little bit about that car, your thoughts and opinions. So please help me bit.

This Renault has 250hp, two keys, one owner, 19' rims, LED lights, PDC senzors, el. mirrors with heating and moving, leather, MF wheel, 2 zoned climate control, USB, bluetooth, navigation, handsfree, CD charger, tempomat etc.

Price is 14K € but man said he would give for 12k. It's not really huge price because it is only 70000kms driven and looks perfect, with yellow colour and black roof.

He already drove once this car and he fall in love with it but he is a bit scared it would not be so comfortable, but he loves sound and everything about it. I told him that he needs to buy it but he wants to hear another opinions.

SO; is here anyone who owns it and what do u think about this beautie?

Here's original sale : RS

It does not have the Cup suspension, so it could be even stiffer. :cheeky: But in general Megane Renaultsports are pretty stiff/not comfortable much. It does seem to be looked after, not a high mileage example either. I'd suggest reading the forums, you'll always find answers to everything you want to know. Brits are big fans of hot hatches, so maybe Pistonheads or evo forums will be good source of info. And if your friend decides to buy the car, go to a Renault dealer and pay for a pre-purchase inspection.

Has he also considered/tried any other hot hatches? If yes and he liked the RS most, I say go for it!

It does not have the Cup suspension, so it could be even stiffer. :cheeky: But in general Megane Renaultsports are pretty stiff/not comfortable much. It does seem to be looked after, not a high mileage example either. I'd suggest reading the forums, you'll always find answers to everything you want to know. Brits are big fans of hot hatches, so maybe Pistonheads or evo forums will be good source of info. And if your friend decides to buy the car, go to a Renault dealer and pay for a pre-purchase inspection.

Has he also considered/tried any other hot hatches? If yes and he liked the RS most, I say go for it!

He went to this city and look for this car. It's perfect and he decided to buy it.

Also he looked for Fabia RS and Toyota Yaris but I dont like it much.

He hasn't kids and has only GF so I think it's perfect for him.

Tomorrow I will maybe post some pictures, 'cause he is going to pick the car for 12.000€.

And Yes this car has pre-purchase inspection and every mod that has been done to this car is written in service book.

Thanks guys you helped a bit ;)

If there's one thing Renault know how to do well, its making hot hatch's. Hell even just there run of the mill hatch backs are great fun!

If your after pure driving run, the Megan RS is the best out of the cars you said your friend had been looking at. Having been lucky enough to drive one for 10 minutes as well as be thrown round a track as a passenger in one I can personally say its great! (Both being a 250) Also the likes Evo & Car magazine love it as well!

Also being based off the 3-Dr Megane, it's still practical. The ride is a bit stiffer meaning a harder ride but it's nothing back braking, and you'd expect that if your after a sports car anyway!

Hope this is of some help to you. :)