We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Windshield wiper mod

Anthony817

Has anybody been able to bring back this feature from the old closed beta? I wonder if the files on the old beta would be able to be added to the game to re-enable this feature? IMHO that is one of the things people were upset that they removed from the game. How hard would it be to take files from the beta to make it work in the retail game?

Discus...

Dont try to understand Atari's logic, just forget about it

Especially when you can be going a buck forty in a $700,000 Ferrari make a slight turn, go flying off the road (thanks to the physics in this game) , slamming into a tree and the damage looking like it can be fixed a $15 can of Bondo.

I have to agree, I have both TDU and TDU2 but I like TDU better because of the ability to mod a whole lot more and I don't always have to hear the stupid game radio commercials such as an advertisement of marketing a product that has a crossword puzzle built into a concrete mixer.

Especially when you can be going a buck forty in a $700,000 Ferrari make a slight turn, go flying off the road (thanks to the physics in this game) , slamming into a tree and the damage looking like it can be fixed a $15 can of Bondo.

Not really their fault though, how many racing games these days feature full and realistic damage? No car manufacturer will let them.

Not really their fault though, how many racing games these days feature full and realistic damage? No car manufacturer will let them.

Yea, you're right but I have other games that simulate a whole lot more with regards to the damage model and having code that is written so that it actually effects the aerodynamics and handling after you crash. It may have been that car manufacturers demanded more money for things of this nature and it was not in the budget when they where making the game.

Well it wasnt meant to be simulator so it wont affect any performance of the car but still there are games with better damage models like Driver San Francisco or NFS Rivals for example.

I understand that it's not a simulator and I agree with your statement. I at least wish there was a better visual damage model so it would influence me to drive better. I don't know about you but I myself driving a BMW M5 for example in a game with a broken taillight and rear bumper that is about to fall off is not very appealing to me. But it's something that I want to be able to happen regardless if I want to see it or not. Like I said it keeps me more aware of how I drive. TDU2 and NFS Most Wanted 2012 are somewhat common when it comes to game play mechanics other than the fact that you can't destroy your car (visual wise) in TDU2. In NFS:MW you can smash up your car visually and repair it by driving into a gas station. All in all I don't think TDU2 needed "realistic" damage but just some better visual would be nice rather that just some scratch decals loaded from a simple file in the game.

It's all about immersion and believability. I think realistic damage modeling is what sets games like Dirt and Grid apart from games like these.

Btw Kaoclya, I am a fellow Metroplex resident. I live in Fort Worth. Nice to see another local on this site. :hiya:

Howdy partner! The funny thing is that I don't live in Dallas. I just use it because most people can relate to it. In fact I don't know what city I live in, lol. My house is right dead smack on the city line separating Fort Worth and Keller. If I go out my front door I am in Fort Worth. If I go out the back door I am in Keller. It's weird because my address is in Keller yet I pay my bills to the city of Fort Worth. It's frustrating at times when it comes to mailing things even though my address is clearly in the city of Keller. I just laugh at the fact that my dog can be roaming our back yard in Keller and I am watching TV in our house inside of Fort Worth.

Well if you want to get technical, then I am in Blue Mound in Northern part of FW. Close to Saginaw. So in reality you aren't that far from me then lol. I met a dude from Lake Worth in COD or something once. Been friends every since. Never met in person though despite knowing for 4 or more years lol.