We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

150k Garage Challenge - Vote for your fav now!

CarMadMike

Who's garage is the best? (Don't vote for your own)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who's garage is the best? (Don't vote for your own)

• Loz
    • Hassan1995
    • Milli
    • CLR-GTR
    • Mike
    • Camel
    • Mercedes Benz
    • Rassva
    • Calster17
    • MrTurbolololol
    • MrSoftie

We've done this in the past and I think it'll be good to have another game of it, here it goes.

• You have £150,000/€191300/$238000

• You have to find a link (fairly recent, not something that's been up for years please), to a listing for a car for the following:

- Day to day car for you

- Day to day car for your partner (though not with the intention that you'd drive it, just that it'd look good on the drive :p)

- Weekend toy

- Trackday toy.

• You MUST spend almost all the money, this is to stop 'someone' (Calster) from replying 'I'll have 4 Austin Metros and pocket the change to spend on awful tasting alcohol'. Obvs don't care if you have 5 pound change, but do NOT go over.

• The cars MUST be listed in your mothercountry (I thought this'd make things more interesting)....

• The cars can be new or old, but we'd want to see the quote if it is new from the config page or whatever.

Happy Hunting!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give it a go...

Everyday: Jaguar E-Type, £85,000 E Type Jaguar 4.2 FHC For Sale (1967) on Car And Classic UK [C555815]

2nd Car: Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite, £10,000-£15,000 I would guess Original Mk1 Frogeye Sprite For Sale (1958) on Car And Classic UK [C556204]

Weekend: Austin Mini Countryman, £15,850 Austin Mini Countryman For Sale (1965) on Car And Classic UK [C558559]

Trackday Car: Sunbeam/Hillman Imp, £26,000 Sunbeam Imp FIA historic racecar (LHD) For Sale (1962) on Car And Classic UK [C541586] Alternate: Marcos V6, £30,000 Marcos V6 For Sale (1969) on Car And Classic UK [C557031]

£141,000 spent, £9000 left for fixing them when they go wrong.

As you can see, I like old british cars and would use an E-Type everyday.

- Day to day car for me - Jaguar F-type £76,990 Jaguar F-Type 5.0 V8 Supercharged R

- Day to day car for my partner (Forever alone)- BMW M4 £53,000 BMW M4 2dr DCT 3.0

- Weekend toy- £7,995 BMW S 1000 RR That is a toy :nods:

- Trackday toy- £12,000 2 litre Turbo Ford Cosworth Westfield (1994)

So the spend is £149,985 and leaves me with £15 which can buy me some car fresheners or cleaning product :lol:

Nice Jag but they're my least favourite rims for the F-type, i'd probably spend the 15k swapping them for some other jag manufacturer rims, you all know my views on aftermarket parts :p, but you'd be able to sell the current ones and get a fair bit too.

An F-Type R and an M4 and people are complaining I didn't give them enough to play around with :susp: One is not amused.

150.000 BRL list:

Day-to-day: 2013 Fiat Punto 1.4 T-Jet 52.000 BRL

2nd car: 1974 Chevrolet Opala SS 4.1 - 68.000 BRL

Weekend toy: 1996 Chevrolet Corsa 1.6 GSi - 11.500 BRL

Track day toy: Peugeot 206 - Copa Peugeot - 17.000 BRL

Spent: 148.500 BRL

Left: 1.500 BRL

:lol:

Now, 150.000£ converted to BRL = 606.303 BRL. (That's quite a lot, hahaha)

Day-to-day: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible - 284.000 BRL

2nd car: 2012 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - 150.000 BRL

Weekend toy: 1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata - 60.000 BRL

Track day toy: 2006 Nissan 350Z - 96.000 BRL

Spent: 590.000 BRL

Left: 16.303 BRL

Edit: Switched places between STi and 350Z.

Now, 150.000£ converted to BRL = 606.303 BRL. (That's quite a lot, hahaha)

Yah that was the intention, to get a good level of car but not some ferrari enzo or 2015 mercedes AMG, so some thought has to be put into it.

I like your cheaper versions, but it's a pity you've done them now as I had planned on doing this next week with a different price bracket :p

Yah that was the intention, to get a good level of car but not some ferrari enzo or 2015 mercedes AMG, so some thought has to be put into it.

I like your cheaper versions, but it's a pity you've done them now as I had planned on doing this next week with a different price bracket :p

You can still do it, so my choices would be even smaller. Sort of...

My day to day car: BMW M5 F10 61.000 Eur

My girlfriends car (she is clumsy so I will be driving it): MB CL63 AMG 40.000 Eur

Weeknd: MV Agusta F4 9.900 Eur

Track car: Ferrari F430 79.000 Eur

I like the ideea of this game. Pretty interesting to see what you guys will get. Actually, I'll give in more thought in this and make a better list a bit later.

My Car: 2013 Range Rover TDV6 Vogue = £64,895

My Partner's Car: 2008 Audi RS6 Avant V10 = £36,950

My Weekend Car: 2012 Porsche Boxster = £34,500

My Trackday Car: 2009 Fiat 500 ABARTH = £8,495

= £145,840.

The spare money would almost immediately go on whatever breaks on the RR before I get home.

I think i got a fair amount of car for my money.

--- Post Updated ---

I like the ideea of this game. Pretty interesting to see what you guys will get. Actually, I'll give in more thought in this and make a better list a bit later.

:eek: M5, AMG Merc, Ferrari. I gave you way too much money :cheeky:

Awesome list!

Opinion on your cars. :lol: There. :cheeky:

Seriously, i thought about a Boxster too, but they still cost too much around here... and i like your list Mike, it's very... different. Each car is different. A SUV, a fast station, a convertible and a hot hatch.

Opinion on your cars. :lol: There. :cheeky:

Seriously, i thought about a Boxster too, but they still cost too much around here... and i like your list Mike, it's very... different. Each car is different. A SUV, a fast station, a convertible and a hot hatch.

Exactly. I probably but too much thought into it though :lol: I chose the SUV as a day to day as it's more luxurious than the rest, more modern, and I'd do a lot of long distances if I had a car. I chose the Estate as well, the RS6 should only come in avant form really :lol: The little hot hatch compliments the rest great I think, something not very pretentious even if it is quite 'look at me'. The convertible was chosen because of how much I love hot weather :p If I lived somewhere that didn't see much sun I'd probably have chosen the cayman as a weekend car (though i'd have had to have had the previous gen for that price i reckon).

My girlfriends car (she is clumsy so I will be driving it): MB CL63 AMG 40.000 Eur

She's clumsy so you give her 2000 kg and 5 meters worth of Merc lol :p

Nice cars mike (except the abarth because well.... I can't view the page). Imo the wheels of the RR are just on the edge of being aftermarket in their appearance (ah well more brands suffer from that).