We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

£60k Garage Challenge

CarMadMike

Which one is the best?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best?

• Rassssssva Rocks the Casbah
    • Judge Milley Cyrus
    • CLERRRGHHH-GTERGHHHH
    • Humpy Camel
    • The Fabulous Kenan Mike Kardashian
    • Clarence House

Here's another Challenge, Merc was the only one to get more than 1 vote (2) in the last thread so I guess he won :p :clap:

Here we go:

• You have £60,000/€75,000/$94,000 USD/R$245,000 BRL.

• You have to find a link (fairly recent, not something that's been up for years please), to a listing for a car for the following:

- Family Car: Must average over 40mpg, have 4 doors or you must argue the case of why it is a good family car.

- Work Car: You're a trader, you need either a van or a pickup to transport your crap everwhere.

- Classic Car: Might not be a classic in that everyone is fangirling over buying one, but it needs to have been made before 1990.

- City car: Must be small.

• You MUST spend almost all the money, this is to stop 'someone' (Calster) from replying 'I'll have 4 Austin Metros and pocket the change to spend on awful tasting alcohol'. Obvs don't care if you have 5 pound change, but do NOT go over.

• You CAN pick a car that suits more than one category (this is an addition, as i've told mells yes to this in the CB).

• Must be a REAL car, no toy ferrari FF's(or kit cars).

• The cars MUST be listed in your mothercountry (I thought this'd make things more interesting)....

Happy Hunting!

Family car: 2014 Honda Civic 2.0 EXR Flex 78.000 BRL

I will be honest, and say, this 40mpg thing is quite complicated here, because 99% of brazilian vehicles newer than 2005 are flexfuel, which means they can use gasoline and ethanol, the downside of such feature is that they reduce the mpg. In my case, they should make at least 14km/l to meet the regulations, this Civic, while using ethanol (bigger fuel consumption than gasoline) does about 11km/l. If i use gasoline, it is expected to get 14 or more, but i am not sure, as i couldn't find information about the "gasoline only" consumption. :lol:

Work car: 2014 Volkswagen Saveiro Cross 1.6 CE - 49.000 BRL

I've chosen this one because as a work car, it must be cheap to run and reliable. It's a Volkswagen, which have always been great down here in Brazil, and since the Saveiro uses the Gol (Most sold vehicle in Brazil for about 20 years) plataform, it's quite cheap to keep, which makes them really popular. Problem is that they're Fiesta sized and FWD.

Edit: Plus, Saveiros are cute. :lol:

Classic car: 1972 Dodge Dart 5.2 V8 - 60.000 BRL

Picked this car because well... it's cool. :lol: And it's V8. :cool:

City car: 2014 Fiat 500 CC 1.4 Manual - 56.000 BRL

:lol: Happy now Mike? :cheeky: I admit, i've forgot about those, they're better than Smarts and still somewhat smaller than others.

Spent: 244.000 BRL

Left: 1.000 BRL

Love the Dodge SO MUCH, it's stunning. Interesting a cute choice of a pickup too.

I really don't like the Fusion, I've just never liked the aesthetics of the thing, and well, the smart car was what I had in mind for people to find interesting alternatives to when I put city car down :lol: didn't expect people to just choose one :p

Love the Dodge SO MUCH, it's stunning. Interesting a cute choice of a pickup too.

I really don't like the Fusion, I've just never liked the aesthetics of the thing, and well, the smart car was what I had in mind for people to find interesting alternatives to when I put city car down :lol: didn't expect people to just choose one :p

It's because... well, every car here is small. They're just... common. :lol: The Smart isn't.

Edit: Ok, i will do a small change.

Family car: Mercedes R500 €22.500,-

Because it has 4 doors, 6 seats and it's something different and rare. An S-Class in comfort, wrapped in a cross-over with AWD.

Work car: Mercedes Vito 113 CDI €16.950,-

Actually wanted an El Camino but the bed is too small and not covered, at least not on the one car I had in mind to enter here. This will do then. An actual van... bright red lol, but plenty of space :D

Classic car: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Targa €22.500,-

Ow yes. V8, targa, black. I love the mean and clean looks on this thing. Red interior could have been less INYOFACE(....) but alright. And 1987, so a pre-90's car.

City car: Mercedes A170 3-door €11.350,-

Doorcount on these cars doesn't matter, the car itself is the same length, and it's smaller than a Fiesta so it applies as a small car. I like the fact it has a higher entry than other cars, and I just love this specific car with AMG alloys, COMAND radio/nav and panoramic roof.

That leaves me with 1.700 left.

Nicely specced 520, very classy looking.

Great city car too, very good choice, makes a good weekend B-Road car etc.

I wanted a 530, but there wasn't any of them with black interior. There was only one but it would be with 100eur over the price limit. I must say that I quite like the 520 a lot.

Family Car - BMW 335d Touring M Sport - £39,990

It's an estate, does 50mpg and it's fast! Who said family cars can't be fast?

Work Van/Classic/City car - 1982 Mini Van - £5,695

Technically this meets the requirements for 3 of the cars...

Backup Work Van/Classic/City car - 1980 Mini Pickup Truck - £8000

This is incase the first one breaks.

Backup backup Classic/City car - 1991 Mini Cooper - £4500

Incase the first two break.

Total: £58,185

Yeah, but it will atract car thiefs more because of that. It's a shiny red van with some chrome here and there so the thiefs will think that you use it to transport very valuable goods.

That will happen with anything I post. I could have also posted an old Atego for sale here at the dealership but Mike said ''no lorries''. :p And I'll just use the R500 then :p

Here's my choice:

- Family Car: £26,950 2011 Jaguar XJ Portfolio V6

It gets 40.4 MPG, but gets to 60 in 6.0 seconds while looking :drool:, I quite like the green but I know it won't be to everyone's tastes.

- Work car: £4,990 1983 Land Rover Defender 110 V8

This car is just :drool: worthy imo, the paint is in great condition.

At this point I was going to use the Defender as a classic and a work car as it falls under the two categories, and use the city car to finish off my selection and call it a day with some change left, however I realised people might not like that I only chose 3 cars :lol: So I found 4:

- City Car: £20,995 2012 Aston Martin Cygnet

Need I say more? :lol:

- Classic car: £4,000 1989 Toyota MR2 MK1

Very 1980's in the white, not too bad condition either, love the boxy looks.

Total: £56,935