We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew - about microtransactions, Season Pass benefits & DLC in the game

Eudemon

I've bought next to nothing Diablo and have been on the grind for almost 3 days now; I've only just reached the 0.8 mill mark. That's after the story missions, a lot of skill grinding for decent parts to compete in PvP, 31 PvP races(at 17k a piece) and counting along with 4 or so Faction missions at 80k a piece.

I bought one car and it was the BNR34 Skyline. Even if I grind out for the rest of today and tomorrow I won't even be able to afford the Perf spec for either the LaFerrari or the Agera R to the point where I'm wondering if I should just buy a Gallardo and call it a day.

If you start questioning working towards a goal then it's probably not worth the time in my experience. Do I want to work for the car? Damn right I want to! But it's just hour long faction mission after hour long faction mission with a side of getting rammed off every course in the PvP rotation; it grates on your nerves to the point where it does truly feel like you are being driven to dump money on Crew Credits to just buy the car outright.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a fair amount, not being able to play myself I can only go with what others are saying but it seems money can be gotten in this game both very difficultly and somewhat easy via certain means and paths. Might be worth getting the hive-mind on this and sharing their ways of getting the green (or blue) in The Crew. :)

On the other hand if we take Midnight Club: Los Angeles and the way they gave everything to you for free for reaching a certain amount of money then sure there is an argument for going that route too.

I have no problems witht that model it's only a video game lol.

the catch should not be who's the biggest looser that grinds everyday for 20 hours to get unique/most expensive cars but it should be give everybody customization options such as vinyls etc so everyone can create unique cars. This is the reason I love forza.

I think this RPG stuff has gotten too far, it just doesn't fit into racing game genre I don't know why they're so adamant trying to make it happen.

I've played for 18 hours and have 430,000 Bucks. Not purchased any cars. Have done a few faction missions and 9 PvP races. Up to Level 41.

I've spent 16,000 CC on extra perks (was going to later anyway, so better to do it now while I'm still doing missions).

Well even though I've nearly completed the story I still can't afford the LaFerrari, for example.

What makes this whole situation sting even more is that once you tune a car from Full Stock to Perf or Circuit, the top speed is artificially limited. i.e. all Perf cars have the same top speed on road. So we may as well just stick with that tuned Mustang or Camaro that we purchased when we started the game.

You just have to grind the game full stop. These are the ways I know how to make money:

The story missions pay between 1000 and 2800(last few missions & includes 10% bonus from perks).

Landmarks pay 2000 each but there are only ~242 of them and once you have them all, that's it, no more easy money.

Skills are plentiful but you only get about 250 for getting platinum after you've finished the story, even less for gold if you haven't unlocked platinum yet.

The factions missions pay out more. Which is fine if you like doing police chases or spending 2.5 hours driving around the map in 1 go(unless the game disconnects then you have to start again) for 80,000. But that's only if you win and with the AI catch-up, it's likely that they will overtake you near the end and you'll not get the full payout.

Stunts such as drifting, jumps, overtakes and oncoming give you money but this seems to be hit and miss as to whether or not you get the money from it. In the lower classes you're lucky to get over 100 from stunts. But later on it's possible to get between 1000 and 2000 if you're sliding on mountain roads. But as I said, you don't always get paid and when you do, it's usually delayed by about 30 seconds.

Grinding platinum upgrades from skills can net you a small fortune. You get between 200 and 300 for each duplicate part you earn. When you get platinum on a skill(do jumps in the midwest and north east, they're quick and easy) you get a platinum part which can be a random(ahaha, yea right) level between 40 and 50. But I just get between 40 and 42 most of the time with a rare high level part above 45.

And other than PvP which I haven't bothered with yet I don't know of any other ways to make money.

Overall I've earned about 1.2mil with almost 500k of that coming from landmarks and a further 200k coming from grinding level 50 platinum parks.

Tl:dr this game needs a a lot of grinding. I suggest getting one of these.

Best way is to get into a PvP lobby, turn off collisions (if/when you are host), and you can make 8k+ regardless of where you finish every 5 minutes.

That was in the Midwest lobby, the other ones might even pay more.

If that sounds a little boring, then do it with your friends/crew.

Best way is to get into a PvP lobby, turn off collisions (if/when you are host), and you can make 8k+ regardless of where you finish every 5 minutes.

That was in the Midwest lobby, the other ones might even pay more.

If that sounds a little boring, then do it with your friends/crew.

well we should do some tduck pvp events for the pc at least, with the collisions off :rolleyes:

--- Post Updated ---

Well even though I've nearly completed the story I still can't afford the LaFerrari, for example.

What makes this whole situation sting even more is that once you tune a car from Full Stock to Perf or Circuit, the top speed is artificially limited. i.e. all Perf cars have the same top speed on road. So we may as well just stick with that tuned Mustang or Camaro that we purchased when we started the game.

what I've found out was the name of the parts actually mean nothing, it's the bonuses that gives the performance boost. For instance a new gearbox part doesn't necesserily mean you'll get better shifts, it could be anything depending on the bonus it gives. So the actual part itself is there just for the show. Or maybe I haven't unlocked anything worth while to notice any difference.

So basically a Perf LaFerrari and a Perf Mini Cooper will top out the same? Does this apply to Dirt, Raid and Street specs too?

I don't think that is exactly the case.

When I bought a few cars, I also got them all the basic level 40 tuning packs and did nothing else to them. And the stats vary greatly on the cars with the difference being over 1000 for speed, acceleration, handling or braking in some cases. They might well be similar but I think they are actually all different.

I think the guy who said they were the same had tuned both cars to the max, I would also expect there to be differences leading up to that point.

Also check out this important video on a way to make loads of money if you have friends (sorry Camel)