We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's leaking again. :D

BMW X1 F48

17877964051976773803.jpg

12093989581719105680.jpg

1283905481911605952.jpg

763900543385860926.jpg

So from what basically was a lifted 3 Series Touring we've moved to a 3-cylinder FWD crossover. The old one wasn't exactly a looker even after LCI but this one is more doughy and a bit bloated in my eyes (speciale the first pic). Typical BMW X design these days unfortunately which also means that it'll look better IRL.

I hope they've tweaked the interior in terms of materials as the interior of the outgoing model just was not worth the premium price tag and BMW badge.

Gimme the M2 Coupe for God's sake. :yawn:

You should probably see a doctor about that.

Coincidentally, I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow. I'll ask what's up with my leakage.

It seems less of a 'toy' BMW and less of a shrunken version of a car you really want but cannot afford. A model in it's own right.

You've just nailed the definition of the BMW X4.

_jl42260.jpg?itok=T92-7tTE

:( The latest Continentals, especially the V8 S', before this new 2015 minor facelift looked great and were fantastic cars. WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?!?! 50% Too much grillage down there.

And the infotainment screen and dials are simply too similar/identical to that you can get in a VW Golf, literally the biggest ARGHSDHSJAD VW GROUP moment i've seen:

_jl43361.jpg?itok=fSLSULJ_

This car costs £150k, that central dash section simply isn't suffice. WTH.

You can't really argue with why they haven't replaced it 100% yet though, their sales figures are still impressive so for a small company like Bentley fair play.

If it means they're spending all their time focusing on a production version of this then it's more than okay :D

00000001bentleyexp.jpg

If it means they're spending all their time focusing on a production version of this then it's more than okay :D

http://images.car.bauercdn.com/pagefiles/10490/1040x585/00000001bentleyexp.jpg

They are spending it on the that ugly piece of rubbish that is the Bentley SUV.

Bentley now realized that they can keep selling the same car just based on their reputation. They need competion from other luxurious brand like RR with car on the same price range.

They are spending it on the that ugly piece of rubbish that is the Bentley SUV.

Exterior design aside, I'm interested to see what this Bentayga brings to the table that a top spec Range Autobiography/Cayenne doesn't, if you actually feel like you're in a higher luxury marque than its current rivals (It'll probably be the first of this supercar level of SUV released won't it?) then I do understand why they're bothering.

A really luxury interior, and the engine from the GT V8 S? I think I could forgive it for looking ugly, just like people have been forgiving the Cayenne for over a decade.

Yeah maybe if it as good as the Cayenne then people will have to admit that it might be ugly but it is no slow poke, but a if it is the same as that video on the nordschleife. things don't look too good for it in the handling and maybe performance.

Anyway it will still sell well becuse it's a Bentley, the same way it was for the Cayenne.

I'm interested to see what this Bentayga brings to the table that a top spec Range Autobiography/Cayenne doesn't,

A soccermom tractor with a pricetag of over 300.000. That's literally what Bentley said in interviews: there is no SUV yet in that pricerange, so they are going to make one.

A soccermom tractor with a pricetag of over 300.000. That's literally what Bentley said in interviews: there is no SUV yet in that pricerange, so they are going to make one.

And the next one to go to that segment is RR maybe, not on their good will but forced by BMW

Yes, I know. Cost aside, I want to know what improvements you'll feel in the 300k Bentayga over the 150-170k Range Rover. The RR is pretty god damned luxurious so Bentley will need to make sure they bring their A-Game where the interior is concerned. The new Q7 is packed full of new tech, if that's the main difference between the two vehicles then it's a shame, the newest RR is already a few years old so being more advanced in that way is expected nevermind a 'bonus'.

I hope it doesn't simply come down to 'this costs more expensive, so therefore you'll want to be seen in it over that awful plebian RR'. Basically if it's a Q7 with a bigger engine and a bentley badge then :(

Yes, I know. Cost aside, I want to know what improvements you'll feel in the 300k Bentayga over the 150-170k Range Rover. The RR is pretty god damned luxurious so Bentley will need to make sure they bring their A-Game where the interior is concerned. The new Q7 is packed full of new tech, if that's the main difference between the two vehicles then it's a shame, the newest RR is already a few years old so being more advanced in that way is expected nevermind a 'bonus'.

I hope it doesn't simply come down to 'this costs more expensive, so therefore you'll want to be seen in it over that awful plebian RR'. Basically if it's a Q7 with a bigger engine and a bentley badge then :(

Bentley tax

Brand new W12

Better cows and sheep

Bentley tax

The new 7 series (Merc has posted some info on this in here previously) was accidentally released on the Austrian BMW configurator. It isn't looking good imo, not good at all.

Yes, here is my post. It's been photographed way before it was supposed to launch which I think is on Wednesday. And yes, it does not look good. I agree. It's too busy, even more chrome and bigger kidneys as ever. :(

Here is an M Sport version.

vxk88qe9kccvzyeyoxkk.jpg

--- Post Updated ---

Additional info & pics.

The new 2016 Batmobile:

1289833734398292552.jpg

1289833734474883656.jpg

source

I'm not sure I like it,

- Absolutely awful visibility, I hope it comes with a rearview camera.

- Parking sensors will most likely get irritating if they get set off by incoming ammunition.

- It isn't congestation charge exempt, they need to catch up with todays technology, flame-throwing exhausts are so 2012.

- It's a bit chavvy isn't it? I'm sure the batmobile without the Bat-Sport bodykit will be much classier.

- Not great on storage is it, and the way you enter the cockpit isn't very practical when you've got a few bag-for-lifes full of Kale.

- Limited colour offerings, this would look fantastic in Volcano Red.

- Absolute arse to change the tyres, not exactly your average 'road-side puncture'.

On the plus side, at least the door mechanism makes it easy to get in and out when in a tight car parking space, and I'd imagine every car parking space will be tight in this thing.

I agree with the statement above, sir.

Further, I would add that since the Batmobile does have four-wheel steering, it will make an even more better city vehicle.

However, the main problem with this particular motoring vehicle is its lack of any lights in basic version. It is therefore recommended to opt for the £1,000 package which includes the aforementioned lights and parking sensors.

The 'Bat-Sport Chav' package will be offered at no cost if you arrive with an Obey baseball cap, DC shoes and a Monster Energy drink in your hand.

2/10 would scrap this crap