We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

Here's the new E-Coupe, C238 for those who like codes. Will come with new engines, top of the range model for now will be the E400 but eventually stepping up to an E50 AMG version (would have formerly been called a 450 Sport... so it's not a 'real AMG'). Unlike the W205 C-Class and W213 E-Class sedan and estate, buyers can opt for júst the touchpad on the center console to operate COMAND, instead of via a rotating controller.

2018-mercedes-benz-e-class-coupe.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy batman, dat wheel gap in the first photo. :fp:

I have to say it looks better than the C, but still worse than the S. That thing is a beauty.

Hope that the 63er will be given wider fenders as the AMG C looks so much better than the stock models.

And I am disappointed there are no new inline sixes in the car... What's taking them so long?

I have to say it looks better than the C, but still worse than the S. That thing is a boat.

Fixed.

I think I prefer the C to be honest, the front is just a bit too vertical for such a long swooping design, it doesn't sit right with me for some reason.

I still mourn the day designers decided retractable screens should no longer be in cars. Even Audi are slowly getting rid of theirs, I hope some cars still have them though.

This interior would look amazing with the 4 A/C vents higher, and the leather all over the dashboard, and a little thing for where the screen comes out of. :shrug: Instead the interior is 90% screen and it loses all its class because of it.

Why no E63 coupé? I think it'd sell quite well.

The E50 will be the inline 6. But they want to debute that series of engines in the upcoming S-Class facelift first before they bring it into the other series.

I don't know why there's no E63 Coupe yet. AMG said they'd do it because they confirmed themselves that they had misjudged the possible interest in an E63 Coupe with the current outgoing gen. However, I'm afraid the E50 will be as much as we'll get, which I consider not a real AMG.

Fixed.

It's a sexy boat.

I still mourn the day designers decided retractable screens should no longer be in cars. Even Audi are slowly getting rid of theirs, I hope some cars still have them though.

This interior would look amazing with the 4 A/C vents higher, and the leather all over the dashboard, and a little thing for where the screen comes out of. :shrug: Instead the interior is 90% screen and it loses all its class because of it.

100% agreed. I hate the new trend of TV-sized screens. Give me back analog gauges and retractable nav displays... I guess LCDs are cheaper to make than some proper instrument cluster with a nice display in between the two dials.

Why no E63 coupé? I think it'd sell quite well.

I haven't read about the car yet, but I think the E 50 will be what the C 43 is now, basically. A half-AMG if you will. They'd be crazy not to make a 63 version.

La Nuova Lamborghini Aventador S - now with Apple CarPlay!

They finally got their act together. smh

Up from 700 to 740 PS, new bumpers, new infotainment system, new four-wheel steering system (first Lambo to have this was the Cent-something), new driving modes and some updated suspension bits n bobs, they say.

Also, the "LPxxx-x" name seems to be gone.

aventador_s_desert_front_10.jpg?itok=UA4WOS93

aventador_s_tunnel_rear_1.jpg?itok=VeA-DBFA

aventador_s_interior.jpg?itok=gHcnW5q1

Meh. The Aventador is just a bit passé for me, too many vain idiots choose them over much better cars simply because they get the most attention in a public place. The rear looks better, but I don't think the front does :hmmm: At least from that pic anyway.

I've heard it can shoot fire if you rev it in the middle of a street?

• 2 weeks later...

Huayra Roadster is a good idea in that the interior is a work of art and being able to show it off more easily is probably the only purpose of the Huayra in the first place. It also seems to be its downfall, there's just something too ornamental about the whole thing, I'm not sure i'd drive one much if I owned it.

GLA needs a bit of a facelift so that's good, just needs modernising a tad, but I still like the design and that lil peek looks promising.

Audi Concept, meh.

Faraday Future, that every so elusive company based in Nevada revealed the FF 91 tonight.

The launch was painful, they had people placed in the audience to woop and clap and get excited about it as if it was an Apple Keynote (which is cringe enough as it is). :hmmm:

Will post more about the car tomorrow :yawn:

0-60 in 2.44 seconds :huh:

They've now brought out a bentley bentayga, tesla model x etc to compare 0-60 times.

'doesn't sound like much' after the bentley goes...... YOU'RE UNVEILING AN EV, DO NOT CRITICISE A BENTLEY FOR ITS LACK OF SOUND

Mike piqued my curiosity so here's a summary:

- It's kinda fugly, bit like the Tesla Model X

- Has a LIDAR thing that comes out of the bonnet

- "Most powerful computing platform in any automobile"

- It can drive around a car park looking for a space and then park all by itself (activated by a phone app)

- Seems to be slightly afraid of parking spaces

- Is built on "Variable Platform Architecture", a universal powertrain system

- Capable of 200 kW fast charging

- 130 kWh battery

- Range: "in excess of 378 miles" / at a constant 55mph 482 miles

- 1050hp / 783 kW

- 1800+nm torque

- 0-60mph in 2.44 2.39 seconds

- They did live acceleration tests of (and awkwardly criticised) the Bentley Bentayga, Ferrari 488 GTB, Tesla Model X, Tesla Model S, and then their FF91 (with some exciting background music) which achieved a 2.59 0-60mph time

- I lost interest

Faraday-Future-FF-91-driving-750x420.jpg

They just tried to show its self park feature, by asking the CEO of the company to press the self park feature as if the car was going to go off and park itself in a garage.

It just sat there and did nothing. I'm fairly certain at one point they tried to hide someone jumping in the car to move it forward 20 metres :lol: Absolutely hilarious.

Fair to say they've been ambitious, and we should be quite forgiving of the many teething problems a car like this will have.... but it is fun to laugh sometimes :ytwh:

BMW Billy unnamed concept 'car', designed by Jerry/Markus BMW for the CES:

bmw-inside-future-10005.jpg

bmw-inside-future-10000.jpg

bmw-inside-future-10003.jpg

Read through the link below for more info on what actually debutes on this thing: HoloActive Touch and Augmented Gesture Control (already known as AirTouch on the 5 and 7)

The BMW Group at CES 2017 in Las Vegas. BMW HoloActive Touch: An innovative operating concept for the interior of the future.