We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC System Requirements

Eudemon

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RB26DETT
Omg, kalnniel you confuse me sometimes :p

Hm, if I try and go both HDR and AA in game, the AA automatically turns to off xD I think it did that the last time I tried anyway :p

really now!? even on your 7800gtx!?!?!? :eek_blue: weird...

have you tried setting the AA in the Nvidia Control Panel and then activating HDR in game. would that work?

Anybody got a PC similar to this

XP pro 64-bit and Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Athlon 64 4800+ X2

Biostar TF570LT

4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2800 (4-4-4-12 timings)

7600GS (still waiting for my 9800GTX)

Could it run TDU at 1366x768? if not I'll have to wait

Guest RB26DETT

it'll run tdu. not sure on that res with that gpu. if it doesn't, lower the res one step down and then it'll run smoother.

Yes, yes i do :D

I run 4x AA and HDR too but i'm on an ATi X1950 Pro Sapphire :D:D *hi-fives randy*.

EDIT: I love looking at my ram on the picture :D. Except it says i have 15.0 GB when i really have 16.0 GB :(.

EDITEDIT: Actually it may be 15.0 GB now, it skips 1000 MBs of RAM when it counts when it boots up, i may have blown a gig of RAM. And RB, it used to be a server before i got my hands on it :D. Now i just run it as a desktop computer.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if this is right but here goes

When i run the game at 1920X1080, 16x AF, 4x AA, HDR and high detail i get on average about 60FPS

but when i run it on 1360X768 with no AA, AF, HDR and low detail, i still only get about 60FPS

Whydoes this happen?

Going to try forcing 16x AA when i get in later because nvidia CP wont work at the moment

Suggests there's either a 60fps cap or your CPU is bottlenecking you from going further in this particular game.

Or you have v-sync on.

V-sync is off, there is no FPS cap because i get over 60FPS in crysis and do you really think my CPU would bottleneck for this game when it doesnt for any other games especially crysis?

V-sync is off, there is no FPS cap because i get over 60FPS in crysis and do you really think my CPU would bottleneck for this game when it doesnt for any other games especially crysis?

If one game doesn't have an FPS cap, why would that stop another game from having one? Likewise if one game isn't CPU bottlenecked, why does that apply to another game? Especially when you're talking about such a GPU heavy game as Crysis - of course that isn't going to be CPU dependant! :p Every game engine has different characteristics and uses hardware in different ways.

If one game doesn't have an FPS cap, why would that stop another game from having one? Likewise if one game isn't CPU bottlenecked, why does that apply to another game? Especially when you're talking about such a GPU heavy game as Crysis - of course that isn't going to be CPU dependant! :p Every game engine has different characteristics and uses hardware in different ways.

TDU doesnt have an FPS cap at 60, my mate's pc just about manages 100 with everything on the lowest and your trying to say crysis wont be CPU dependant. Shall I go and fetch a single core athlon to prove my point? Just because a game needs a powerfull GPU doesnt mean it doesnt need a powerfull CPU

But at any given time it will be limited by one or the other. I'm obviously not doing a very good job of explaining this - you can't deal in absolutes.

Everything PC is relative, which is one of the reasons developers prefer making console games. If you stick a poor CPU in then you'll be CPU limited for modern games. If you stick a poor GPU in then you'll be GPU limited for modern games.. that's about as absolute as you get.

Everything else depends on each game engine, each situation, and the performance characteristics of your computer components. The only way you can test it is by changing the graphics demands and seeing how that affects your performance.

If you raise graphics and don't see an FPS change then you are CPU limited (in the absence of other caps such as v-sync, which might still be on even if you think it's not). If you lower graphics and do see an FPS increase then you were GPU limited.

• 1 month later...

i thought it was funny that i had a higher score on the Recommended specs than i did the Minimum score.. i mean my:

OS scored: 4/6 in minimum but 5/6 in recomended

i run on 1680x1050 with everything on HIGH but no HDI..

so i cant complain.. tempted to lower the Resolution and try HDI.. but i feel it is pointless in a lower resolution...

im viewing the game on a 22" Widescreen

but anyways here was my computers results and im happy with it..

graph_all_5.gif