We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

MEGA Tutorial: add new cars (Slots) in TDU

Tob-Racer

Ohh yeah!! The original atari car is the Ferrari 575 Maranello. I send you my database and my vehicleslot. The cardata of the TDUPE dont send you because before modifiying the TDUPE CARDATA you have to open the TDU MODDING TOOL and then the error appears and I know that the database is corrupted and something was going wrong. Thanks for your attenttion men
Your TDUMT language must be set to English-US.

On the other hand, TDUF states an item is missing in TDU_Clothes.db (DB.BNK).

Was there any accidental deletion? It may prevent TDUMT from loading it.

men, I have replaced the vehicleslot in TDU MODDING TOOL but the error still continues. Tomorrow I will try to do it again. I´m going to download the tdu modding tools original and i will try to add a car again. If somethhing will going wrong I will report, again ejjeje

thanks for everything

It's not gonna make any difference if you download TDUMT again. Your database is good ! That's the most important thing. Vehiculesslot.xml is good too. So it must be TDUMT's language or/and as Djey said, TDU_Clothes.db missing. You don't need to do everything again. :)

Make sure TDUMT, TDUPE and your game is set to English US please

Tob... YOU my friend are a genius !! :excited: After 3 failed attempts I've finally done it :yay: !!

Here's what I did:

While watching your video for about the 50th time :sweat: , pausing in between steps to follow along with you, I went ahead and tried the SLS you did in the video :umm: . What I kept noticing was you had a seperate TDU directory on C Drive ("Test Drive Unlimited EXP 2"), so I went ahead and created a folder on my C Drive as well (not in Program Files, or in Program Files x86, just C Drive where those folders are), and copied my whole TDU directory into that folder, (so the path would be say: "C:\Test Drive Unlimited EXP 2\Test Drive Unlimited").

Then what I did was run the game from THAT folder using the Project Paradise Launcher and it fired right up, the car is in the dealership... everything, no probs at all :sohappy:: !! So I just pinned the TDU exe from that folder to my task bar, clicked it, and the game works perfectly :thumbsup: .

I also redirected TDUMT and TDUPE to that directory instead of my original install folder. Oh, and I used that mdb program you have a link to and ran that as admin, not sure if that made a difference... but it works perfect . Any mods I had previously lost their physics , but I just reinstalled my TDUPK files, and it's back on the road :rockon: !! A huge thanks to the modders as well, I'll be using plenty of your models :tipshat: !!

Thank you Tob, I'm gonna be modding alot more now without having to mod over alot of the cars I wanted to keep in the game :woohoo: :excited: !!

Hope this post helps others as well ;) .

Great new Haiku!! But I have reinstall the game and the TDU_Clothes.db still have the Error. I don´t Know

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22924[/ATTACH]

Hi alonso.

I'm using TDUMT 1.16.2 and mine has the same error, no worries, it doesn't affect this at all :thumbsup: . Just a little patience and determination.

Just try what I explained in my post, create a separate folder on your C Drive, then copy and paste your "Test Drive Unlimited" install folder to your created folder and mod that one with the steps showed by Tob :nods: . Oh and don't forget to redirect your TDUPE and TDUMT to that folder lol .

It should work alonso, I couldn't figure it out either until I created the folder then copy and pasted my TDU directory to that folder and modded that one with this, so it would be: "C\your created folder\Test Drive Unlimited".

For the convenience factor I put TDUPE & TDUMT in my created TDU directory, right in the Test Drive Unlimited folder itself.

Please, don't forget to redirect TDUPE & TDUMT to your created folder instead of your original install folder/directory, otherwise it won't work ;)

Good luck alonso :thumbsup: !!

Thanks for the enthusiast :) Glad to see you've done it and I can't wait to see pics of your new slot ;)

Well, Yea I've got 4 copies of TDU: One is my backup with all the original files, another one have mods but doesn't have new slots, the other one is for my Beta car slot Add-On and the last one have my SLS and my RS5. I'm actually adding more rims and separate common HUDs; For example, Murcielago Rst and Cpe use the same HUD but I want each slot to have their own HUD.

But you know, you can use any directory, It will work ! Just make sure to write it correctly in TDUF. :nods: The Bnks are not th biggest problem to be honest, if you fail with TDUF, you can try again later but make absolutely sure the database is fine with all the references. :)

And most important !

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE EVERY TIME BEFORE YOU GONNA INSTALL A NEW SLOT !

Then if you fail install a slot, you can backup and try again. But If you manage to make the Bnk1.Map accept the new file with TDUF well, you don't need to do the TDUF process again.

Haiku one question. Do you put the unofficial megapack 2 before adding new slots or you only put the new car slots and then you star adding cars?? Thanks

Edit: @alonso It's up to you. You can install it or not. I've done it my self and it works perfectly with the new slots. But I quite recommend to install it because you get the new cars :cool:

Yea, that's the main problem of add new slots. What I recommend is extract TDU_CarPhysicsData and before open it with the notepad, install the modded physics on the original Atari slot so you can still have a mod on it. But I will make another tutorial of how to add modded physics on the original Atari slot and temporally avoid TDUPE's problem. There is a way, it's not easy but it works. At the moment, I recommend to install modded physics on original slots if desire and then copy the line and paste it to create your new slot.

At the moment, it's a great method to keep original Atari Cars like Enzo Ferrari, Nissan Skyline GTR R34, Mercedes Mclaren SLR, Jag E-Type and many more.

Good new!!! I was thinking an other solution. is this.

When we make a duplicate slot for example the SLR McLaren, the originar Atari car take the last duplicate id reference ID number . In your megapack the 3rd SLR.

Well if we will duplicate 45 times the SLR, the Atari SLR will take the same reference ID number of the 45 duplicate car. Then we will have 45 cars to edit, modify or replace and the only thing we have to do is keep intact the original Atari SLR Physic.

This will be a little solution until we will find how we can separate slot or until we will have a new TDUPE.

Congrats alonso :yay: !!

Yeah I had the Unofficial Megapack 2 installed before I copied my directory, I figured that way there wouldn't be a chance of running into the same ID #'s.

@Tob - Yeah I have 3 backups of TDU on my pc, soon to be 4 now lol ;) . I'm just gonna keep running my game from that directory, making backups as I go just in case something goes awry .

I'll try to post some screens today, gonna be a busy day for the most part, being it's a holiday weekend :derp: .

Take care and thanks again Tob, and congrats again to you alonso :thumbsup: !!

Oh btw, great looking sig Tob :nods: ;) !!

• Ryzza5 pinned and featured this topic