We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Pikes Peak comes to DiRT Rally in latest update

Eudemon

[headline]Pikes Peak joins DiRT Rally[/headline]

The incredible Pikes Peak Hillclimb course has joined DiRT Rally as of today via a free update to the title which is currently available via Steam Early Access. Players will be able to test their wits on two versions of the notorious track that has been tackled by and taken down many a driver over the near 100 years it's been home to many racing events - one that is full asphalt and another that mixes asphalt and gravel. Along with the world-renowned Colorado course comes three extremely much loved icons of the rally world in the: Peugeot 205 T16 PP, Audi Sport Quattro S1 PP and the Peugeot 405 T16 PP.

DiRT-Rally-Pikes-Peak-Peugeot-205-T16-PP.jpg

The Pikes Peak pack is the first of a number of updates planned for the game during it's Early Access phase on Steam.

[subhead]DiRT Rally Pikes Peak Trailer[/subhead]

It's been posted already. :panic:

They've uploaded their livestream from this afternoon to Youtube in case anyone else missed it. Watched the first 10 minutes so far and if you're into the game then it's worth a watch. Sounds like they're going to go in depth with the aero and how the cars interact with the air. Better simulated crashes! :D And who knows, maybe the air contact will be simulated with the trees. TreeCam™.

It's great fun but it is bloody difficult with a controller. But when you do nail an entire stage I imagine it's very satisfying. Not that I'd know because I usually end up in a tree, off a mountain or on my roof at some point in each stage.

I played pCARS today for the first time at friend's, it was almost unplayable with an Xbox controller, though haven't messed with the controls in the menu. :lol:

I thought all Codemasters games were fine with keyboard/controller so your words that it's bloody difficult are kinda surprising for me.

It's difficult in a good way in Dirt and not in a bad way like in pCARS where the game is borderline unplayable with standard settings.

It's easy to drive at a moderate speed in Dirt with the controller but when you try going full speed everywhere, that's when it gets really hard which is probably down to the fact you don't know what's around the corner you're coming up to sideways at 70mph. :lol: For this reason I imagine it's also very hard with a wheel but not as hard as with the controller as is the case with most driving games.

I've discovered that the Pikes Peak hill climb cars do not have any brakes, are not able to take hairpins at more than 20mph, do not have any brakes and they feel like they weigh the same as a bus. And that I'm not very good at driving them.

It's easy to drive at a moderate speed in Dirt with the controller but when you try going full speed everywhere, that's when it gets really hard which is probably down to the fact you don't know what's around the corner you're coming up to sideways at 70mph.

That is true. when racing with care and not that fast it's easyish but when you want to win and you have to push it, that is where things get complicated because one small bump and the rear is all over the place (for me in the Fulvia) making it returning to the course sometimes a bit dificult, but other than that i'm enjoying the game overall.