We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New Xbox Elite Controller: Will you be upgrading?

CarMadMike

Hey :duck:s,

So one of the big announcements alongside backwards compatibility at 2015's MS E3 conference was the announcement of a new Elite Wireless Controller:

- Hair Trigger Locks

- More precise/accurate toggles

- Rear mounted gear-shift leaves

- Customizable usability

- Swappable Components

- Windows 10 Compatible

The current standard wireless controller retails at $59.99/£44.99, so the new one will probably have some kind of elite pricetag to match.

• Will you be upgrading to the Elite controller?
  • Is this just a fad aimed at CoD 14 year olds that simply must kill as many n00bs as possible?
  • New buttons have been introduced, how will gaming companies introduce usability to these buttons if not everyone will have them? Unless new Xbox Ones will ship with this controller.
  • If new games are designed with the Elite controller in mind, will you have a fairly lesser experience on your standard amateur controller?

I like the rear mounted gear shift thingies, that's pretty cool. The whole controller looks pretty nice, and quite solid. What I'm wondering is if you pay X price for the controller does that include all the accessories for customising or do you have price tiers?

This is very interesting. But I don't see how they'd build a game with this controller in mind as there's not that much of a difference (except for the back buttons). I'm probably not upgrading to one, especially as, like you mentioned, it'll probably have an elite pricetag :lol: