We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Somewhat Novice

ProDexorite

Hello, my name is Niko (nickname ProDexorite) and I've been to racing games basically since I was a kid. Now that I have grown up to the age of 22, moved on with my life and actually gained some income, I've invested some money to make my experience in racing games even greater!

So I placed an order for Playseat Evolution (Alacantara) and Thrustmaster's TX racing wheel. Few months later once I finally got pissed off by the paddle-shifters attached to the wheel, I bought the TH8A shifter with the PRO-holder attachment to my Playseat. Just two things missing from the perfect setup, first being the better pedal-setup with clutch pedal, other being a fancy mug holder.

Though I'm used to driving an automatic transmission vehicle in real-life (wait, what is that?), I've noticed my touch for manual shifter has not gone anywhere. And it may just be so that my current pedal setup for my wheel suites me better, but I want to enhance my clutch-usage in general, so there is that.

Apart from racing games (that I play on Xbox One currently, Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 2), I'm running on a whole scale of different games on both Xbox One and PC. I currently own about 700 games on Steam, at the moment I'm being thrilled of Darkest Dungeons, The Long Dark and Pillars of Eternity. From that you could easily say I'm in to fantasy and survival games, which have been my favorites for a long time.

Going to continue my work now, but feel free to ask anything if you're interested on hearing more!

My favorite car brand is definitely Audi, you can bet on that! :cool:

Thank you Ryzza!

I shall post some pictures of the setup once I got some spare time! :)

On PC I've not been too active on racing games/sims lately. But here are some games I do own and tend to try out with my racing wheel when I'm not too lazy to plug it off from my console and set it up in front of my desk:

• Test Drive Unlimited 2 (I'm not sure if it's still alive or not, I've just read about server shutdowns and so forth..)
  • GRID
  • GRID 2
  • DiRT 3
  • DiRT Showdown
  • Trackmania series

I've been considering of purchasing Assetto Corsa and Project Cars, but I'm still waiting for the prices to cut off a bit more. DiRT Rally is my primary focus, but I'll be getting it for Xbox rather than PC (graphics card is up to date, but I would have to upgrade my memory and processor to make it any kind of an experience :lol:).

There are plenty of older sims available on PC at cheap prices, with decent graphics + physics, and hundreds/thousands of free mods (cars/tracks). You'll appreciate how much of an improvement pCARS and AC are when you finally do get around to them.

Check out GT Legends, GTR2, and Race Pro. All from the previous decade.

Then visit NoGripRacing :: Home for mods.

It's the last day of the Steam Winter Sale - best time to buy! Project CARS is 60% off.

Heeeey... Niko! How about some bowling? (sorry I couldn't resist :lol:)

Well anyways, we're happy to have you here. :welcome: If you check out the Forza 6 section we currently have a time attack league going and a racing league will be kicking off soon shortly, you should come join us and hopefully beat Camel :p

Thank you guys!

To Diablo: Must make the experience near perfect before even going for it!

To Mr Softie: This still makes me laugh even though I've heard it a couple of time in the past few years :lol:

To MERCEDES-BENZ: Gladly I've been running through sales and stuff like Humble Bundle to get most of them. I'm not that much in to buying a fully priced game, but if I had a chance to sell my games from there, I would probably do so to decrease my amount of games for like 100 :p

That's quite an introducktion! But welcome. :welcome:

700 games? :eek: I didn't even know that many games existed. :lol:

If you check out the Forza 6 section we currently have a time attack league going and a racing league will be kicking off soon shortly, you should come join us and hopefully beat Camel :p

Pah! I'm so awesome that I can't even win against myself sometimes.

Pah! I'm so awesome that I can't even win against myself sometimes.

Tried to beat your time on this weeks Time Attack but came about 5 seconds short... No work tomorrow, so let's see if I can throw in something better! I suck at tuning cars so it surely gives you guys some advantage!