We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon 3 {DT} - Coming from a land down under and onto Windows 10 (KEEP LEFT!)

CLR-GTR

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I officially need a new PC as my rig is unable to keep it locked at 1080p60 with everything on low. I know the draw distances are larger but I'm not 100% certain on the optimisation here. I could make things prettier and go with 30FPS but that doesn't suit me. I have to assume it's my Intel i5 3570k @ 4.1GHz that can't keep up given I'm also running a SSD and Titan X.

As for wheels:

The Fanatec is recognised but has absolutely no force feedback and huge input lag. So I download Logitech drivers and switch to PS (G25) mode. This does have average (just about good enough) force feedback, but still a tiny bit too much input lag for my liking (could possibly relate to system performance). The steering feel overall is just too woolly and imprecise to nail the desired racing line, but it is driveable for the most part. Physics are ok, passing the burnout test.

No support for H shifters.

Saved control settings are often forgotten and have to be set again, even without quitting the game.

You can't set mixed controls (wheel + keyboard)

Certain controls are marked as "required" when I'd beg to differ.

I can't map the B button to handbrake or anything else because pressing it just goes back and leaves the control unassigned.

I've just got my 3rd car (not counting loyalty bonuses) and opened a second Festival site in the Outback. I've nto unlocked Drone (photo) mode yet before you ask, D. Not that I'm planning to use it with a wheel and these graphics settings.

oGwkVInNJOqlO8w5DZ8jFgOMgjOEfI.png

lmIIMrEFYdR3z0E5uKSsKBjoMW4Y5H.png

I dunno why they are pushing the DigitalDownloads so much. I am fan of hardcopies and so far I cant seem to find the DVD Version of the game. Is there even any?

I am not going to download a 40gb+ game with a 2mbit connection. :rolleyes:

Maybe have a look on some UK sites, I've seen it on a few. Check out the gaming deals section I think I found the dvd copy on one of those :)

I dunno why they are pushing the DigitalDownloads so much. I am fan of hardcopies and so far I cant seem to find the DVD Version of the game. Is there even any?

I am not going to download a 40gb+ game with a 2mbit connection. :rolleyes:

MS website has a DVD option, or somehow I saw it

Sofar Forza Horizon 3 isn't making exactly a smooth impression on PC. There seems to be a LOT of issues with wheels that should be supported but don't work, there's a lot of stuff that isn't being saved, and more importantly, the game for some people won't make it beyond the Turn10 splash screen. To top it off, many PC players are reporting missing Ultimate bonuses, which DO show up when they start their game on xbox...

This is getting interesting, in a bad way :(

EDIT: I got further into the game, managing even to customize the keyboard setup. Now the game crashes to desktop when pressing Continue in the main menu, I suppose the thing that starts cutscenes and gameplay etc.

EDIT 2:

So I got it to work! Loading times are pretty long but alright, it works. What I have done is disabling the microphone in both Sound>Recording as in Privacy Settings. Somehow, for more people than just me, that seems to do the trick.

My issues so far:

• Wheel support is pretty bad. I managed to get 900 degrees and adjust the linearity a bit but even still there's noticeable input lag, it doesn't feel very true to my inputs, and the FFB is practically non-existent.
  • There are different controller profiles for most commonly used wheels including my G27 however when I select the profile I'm told it's not supported by my current controller.... erm....
  • Graphics - my PC is surely more powerful than my xbox, and yes I'm getting 60FPS (now that I've changed the FPS limit from 30) but it looks rubbish in comparison. It's strangely dark, and there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust that. I'll fiddle with the settings some more and see what I can get without dropping performance but I don't have high hopes.

Overall it just feels like a bad Xbox port. It was not ready for release. They should have delayed it like EA did with NFS' PC release.

Good to know it's not just my PC then. I didn't even realise that I'm missing all the DLC content (presuming it goes straight to your garage). The loyalty cars take a while to be given, although I miss out on some having played FH2 (barely) on X360 instead of X1.

I wonder what experience I can achieve if setting the game back to 30FPS like the console.

30FPS was actually much worse, unplayable in fact. I've since turned Dynamic Optimsation back on, gone back to uncapped (60) FPS and set details from Low to High, and I get pretty much the exact same performance as before (60 Low) but with nicer graphics. Hopefully PG fix the stuttering and controller mapping issues soon. I'm not sure if I have auto Store updates enabled however.

I was also very surprised to be prompted to start a free trial of a paid Groove music service. I mean, it's my music files on 'my' OneDrive storage (which I technically have already paid for via Office365). So uh, no thanks.

Few more things from my side:

I also noticed my PC version of the game can't handle cancelling a Windows Store pop-up through one of the ingame things. For example, I wanted to know what the treasure map was, and when I saw it was paid content, I cancelled the store payment pop-up, then the game crashed to desktop.

Also, the game doesn't seem to like a keyboard+mouse setup. I can live with a very small default windows arrow (I usually link that to a background error window but alright), but I would have liked to set the mouse sensitivity of for example looking around.

And speaking of which, the looking around functions really, really suck. I can't look backwards if I have throttle pressed, the interior look-around is really limited before it warps outside of the car, it only rotates around a vertical axis (so no look down/up) and also the side viewing is linked to the car's driving direction. Really annoying, but maybe this was too difficult to get done right?..... lol

Regarding car models... it's a bit of a shame in some cases the detail differences between showroom/photomode cars and the models while racing is sometimes too clear to see. Same goes for cars that might have been imported from older Forza's. And some details are a bit off, like in the E63 where all buttons light up white instead of a yellowish color, and the parking sensor display shows all blips on. Something that usually only happens when you practically touch the object they're trying to warn you for. Would have also liked to see more OEM wheel styles to choose from.

Despite all these things though, I'm liking it, more than The Crew to be honest, also for a big part thanks to the environment (more realistically sized roads). It's going to be interesting though to see how Playground/Turn10 pick this up with all these issues being found/posted on the forums.

Regarding car models... it's a bit of a shame in some cases the detail differences between showroom/photomode cars and the models while racing is sometimes too clear to see. Same goes for cars that might have been imported from older Forza's. And some details are a bit off, like in the E63 where all buttons light up white instead of a yellowish color, and the parking sensor display shows all blips on. Something that usually only happens when you practically touch the object they're trying to warn you for. Would have also liked to see more OEM wheel styles to choose from.

See, this is really grinding my gears.

I watched a FH3 video yesterday and the car there had wrong wheels, i.e. the rears should have been more concave due to being different size and so forth. This is the level of detail Ivory had in TDU2! It's always the details like color/texture of wheels, grilles, stuff Helmy mentioned, etc. that they can't / don't wanna get right.

This is a good example of how bad the recyling is: headlights, reflections, windows.

I'd fire everyone in the vehicle development at T10/Playground. :bmad: