We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 in Production? + Details [!UPDATE #2]

Eudemon

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they dont comment on rumours do they not, well well well, they changed their tune.

last year when i went to the Atari TDU Event (thanks to Atari Forums) i asked the guy doing the speech (cant remember his name, Lee i think it was) if Hamann had made it in to tune Ferraris and such, (it was a rumour back then) and he said that unfortunately they didnt acquire the license.

so Lee (Atari representative) commented on a rumour :p

While off-road would be cool, i would very much trade no off-road cars for a bigger map, less glitches, and better car control (turning headlights on/off, not just flash, wipers if there's really weather, convertable top up/down, and different 'car modes' - like the 3 chassis settings in the Veyron, or many ferraris' and lamborghinis' "comfort"-"sport"-"race"modes on transmission, actual differences in manual vs. auto, the turn-knob Ferrari traction control, BMW M5/6 high/low power mode, ...

That would be awesome, but i don't think there's enough space on a disk or buttons on a controller. And i hate the right d-pad multi-interface, it would only be worse with more options.

but i will still dream.

I wonder what the environment will be. In a game like TDU where you can go all-over, an island is almost key. It would be really cool if you could go on each of the islands, but there would have to be a ferry or something. OR something big island like England or Australia (lol). Or something completley made-up, instead of a half-failed attempt of creating Hawaii in TDU(1).

thats my 2 cents, and maybe a third.

carrying cars over form tdu1 into 2 would be cool, but it would have to be just DLC cars (in your harddrive already), and you would probably have to buy them again in the game, so people who start-out on TDU2 (not having owned TDU1) aren't so stunted, having to make money and things like that.

And, by the way, real-ish tuning would be nice, not jst "package 1 2 or 3"

if i could only write this much this easily in essays for school...

Forza Motorsport 2 has Porsches...

FREAKING FORZA HAS PORSCHES.

FORZA ISN'T DEVELOPED BY ELECTRONIC FARTS!

WHY CAN'T TDU2 HAVE PORSCHES?

PUT IN PORSCHES YOU IDIOTS AT ATARI! PUT IN THE CARRERA GT!

*looks around*

...what are you all looking at? :P

Mod Edit Language and keep it calm

Forza Motorsport 2 has Porsches...

FREAKING FORZA HAS PORSCHES.

FORZA ISN'T DEVELOPED BY ELECTRONIC FARTS!

WHY CAN'T TDU2 HAVE PORSCHES?

PUT IN PORSCHES YOU IDIOTS AT ATARI! PUT IN THE CARRERA GT!

*looks around*

...what are you all looking at? :P

Mod Edit Language and keep it calm

electronic farts ? :):)

• 2 weeks later...

I could easily post anything about TDU 2 on the Internet and soon enough the news will spread. The game sounds too good to be true...almost like someone just thought it up. I seriously doubt a lot of that 'info'.

JUST DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP.

You lot are being skeptical about the disc size?

They could just be put on MORE THAN ONE DISK like flight simulator. DUH:stinks:

Also the most likely place for the game to be set in is Hawaii THE BIGGEST ISLAND in the chain even bigger than OAhu

and how would you insert like 3 disk's at a time in your xbox 360 ?

thats why we talk about 1 DISK

You lot are being skeptical about the disc size?

They could just be put on MORE THAN ONE DISK like flight simulator. DUH:stinks:

and how would you insert like 3 disk's at a time in your xbox 360 ?

thats why we talk about 1 DISK

More than one disc would not be possible for the 360 as when you would open the disc tray to change disc the console automatically goes back to the dashboard. Numorus people have suggested mutliple discs for GTA IV but it wont happen due to the reasons I have already said. Also this is why there is no action replay cheat discs for the 360 or any multiple disc games like FF VII.

I've just looked to see if I could find out how it works but I've found nothing apart from people moaning about having to change the disc twice within 40mins of gameplay.

Personally I don't think that we should be considering multiple discs on the next gen consoles especially with the likes of HD-DVD and Blu-Ray but as M$ decided to stay with Dual Layer DVD we have to which sucks.

But saying that not many games on the 360 atm are taking up a whole DVD its only a few.

The easiest way I could see to not having enough disk space, would be to store info on the hard drive. Except for certain people who have filled their HDD with demos they only played once, what would be wrong with downloading a, say, 2-3GB something-or-another

for the game? It would have to be something not quite essential, but certainly useful, like say a large section of the map, or weather systems, etc..

It would suck for the people with cores, but I can't see any problem 'the powers' would have with making people buy an HDD.

I mentioned some time way earlier, in a similar (but older maybe?) topic, that for a map one possibility I saw would be to have multiple islands(like Hawaiian chain), so maybe you could have some small island on the disc and the rest in an update or 2nd disc that is downloaded onto the HDD.

Geographically, oahu is not the largest hawaii'n island, i believe the largest is actually called hawaii, anyway, oahu, despite being smaller than hawaii is far more developed than the large island, which is covered in volcanos, and has very little inhabited area, and to be honest, oahu has enough useless parts of land as it is (massive mountain ranges)

persoanally, i would like a more urban area, with better land use, however i still want some terrain, if there is to be offroaders after all :p

oh, and 2 disks wouldnt work, how can you have a persistant online island when you have to switch the disks beyond a certain point?!