We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 in Production? + Details [!UPDATE #2]

Eudemon

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

hi there, first post. ive been trying to find something out about tdu2 for ages, and google brought me here. first impressions...you all seem very cool and not tolerant of fanboys which suits me down to the ground! im a 360 and ps3 owner and im partial to a bit of tdu on my mates pc too.

anyway, on subject.

first, i believe that tdu2 should be based on an island location, so i did some digging. given that technology advances all the time i think more detail will be used in the future as well as content, so i think the next island might be okinawa. its similar in size to oahu, but has much denser road network.

second, i believe, no, demand tdu2 to be available on the ps3. no, not coz im a fanboy, but because i believe microsoft messed up with their choice of force feedback technology. that means the choice of wheels on the 360 is limited to 3 so far (i think anyway) whereas the ps3 can handle many more, and frankly better wheels.

next, what i'd like to see.

the nissan gtr.

better physics.

faster ai.

better tuning and upgrades.

that'll do for now. thanks for reading:)

• 2 weeks later...
they'd better bring it out for PS3, my computer can barely handle TDU1 hahahaha

what's the spec on your pc?

Or maybe you got too much junk (unnecessary programs) running the background or as a service.

I would recommend have you create 2 partitions, 1 for strictly for internet browsing, playing blu-ray, and other work stuff. The other 1 for strictly for gaming. It is so clean it's not even funny... Also, use faster hard drives, something like 2 or 4 10k rpm raptor drives run it in raid0. Having enough ram doesn't mean it'll be faster. It still has to access data off the hard drive and that takes time so you need faster hard drive as well. Mine defrags each drive (or partition) in 2 minutes. it's lightening quick.

lol

:monkeydance:

• 2 weeks later...

I was just looking around and stumbled on a couple of quotes

old news?

maybe but interesting

Test Drive Unlimited publisher Atari had no responded to queries regards the rumour at the time of writing - but we'll let you know if we hear anything concrete.

Reported by website GRY-OnLine.pl, which claims to have received the information on the follow-up from a anonymous source and that the details are 100 percent reliable, it's said the follow-up will see off-road racing introduced along with dynamic weather and 2,400km worth of road to tear up.

The original Test Drive Unlimited features racing on Hawaiian island tarmac and a persistent online component.

Polish game publication GRY Online claims to have learned from a trusted source that a sequel to Test Drive Unlimited is already in production at Eden Studios with a target release scheduled for March, 2008. According to the story, Test Drive Unlimited 2 will introduce off-road racing, dynamic weather, and over 2400 km of roads.

The date sounds odd????

HMMmm

According to GRY-OnLine, a sequel to Test Drive Unlimited is being developed for PC and Xbox 360 and is scheduled to be released in March 2008. Test Drive Unlimited 2 will feature licensed vehicles from the most famous Italian car company’s like: Ferrari, Maserati, Bugatti, Pagani, Saleen, McLaren and many more. The sequel will also introduce off-road cars (two and four wheels), SUVs, 4WD, enduro bikes and buggies (Lamborghini LM005, Mercedes GL, Audi Q7, Hummer, Range Rover, VW Touareg and many more). Players will be able to drive in a 1500 km2 area with streets, highways, off-road tracks. There will be over 2400 km different roads (mud, sand, rock and asphalt), dynamic weather (rain, fog and storms), night and day cycles, and several online modes.

VW Touareg and many more???

VW Touareg is a preety new car. Seems like they new exactly what they wanted to put in the game a while ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------

new??????

GG: How would you introduce yourself to someone who had no idea who you were, what you did or who you worked for? (i.e., name, rank, serial number, job title, company affiliation, etc.)

AJ: Alex Jurkat, CEO/Editor in Chief, Eden Studios.

GG: What are you working on right now?

AJ: Several submissions for our various websites, and a super-secret project that will change the face of Eden (hopefully more on that later).

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I was just looking around and stumbled on a couple of quotes

old news?

maybe but interesting

The date sounds odd????

HMMmm

VW Touareg and many more???

VW Touareg is a preety new car. Seems like they new exactly what they wanted to put in the game a while ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------

new??????

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

tbh that was a really crap post..:imwithstupid:VW Toureg came out before TDU lol..and also, many of the "Italian supercars" you mentioned were not even remotely Italian. So, maybe you should research the info you get and check if it's right..

No big deal, just for next time