We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Patch #1 Feedback

Eudemon

Hey there, as most people now know the patch is finally released and it seems that as always there's the good, but of course you can't have the good without the bad, so if you are experiencing any issues or problems can you please post them here with a small description of what exactly is or isn't happening in your game as well as your system specs, attaching a DXDiag may be even better.

Please keep your posts civil and constructive and let's see if we can get a good list together and help this game be the title it deserves to be.

Thanks!

well, just installed it and test drove the r34....which is good. however, just when there was 30 seconds left, guess what? blue screen....although this is probably down to my computer rather than my game, so i decide to restart it and launch again and without the game even starting the blue screen came again....is there any way to stop this?

I still get some stutter in cities, but noticeably less than earlier

I also lost my native language, so i have to play in english, but that's more CD Projekt fault (publisher)

No more slowdowns in showrooms, game works like a charm there

Engine noise is lowered significaltly, don't know wether it's a bug or feature

Radio is louder

errm, i was kinda hopin the patch would fix the crashes, yet it just happened to me now, about 5 mins ago and whereas normally it would create an error report, it just closed and thats it. first time thats ever happened to me...i also noticed a slight, no,make that substantial decrease of engine volume- regardless of actual game or computer volume....

Jon this board is a fan community and has only been going about 5 months. In regards to your points though I know that with the release of the patch that activity is at a peak and unfortunately it seems to be those who have problems who are the most vocal and that's quite understandable, as the wait hasn't been worth it to them and this is why we are asking for your feedback. At the moment all the feedback (as well as general hate) is going on at Atari's official boards and why not as they are the source and as I said we are just mainly a community who enjoy this game.

In regards to your second point, with a board like this most of the conversation is going to be about the game, games, cars and usually anything related to cars. Of course the General chat section encourages off-topic conversation and there are clear examples of this going on but as I said we are mainly small right now compared to what you would call an active community.

The third point I can't say much about as I don't really play games on my PC being as it is my workstation, though that's not too say I haven't seen the attention and respect that it appears not to be given to the PC crowd. As a mod at the Atari Europe board I see some of the behind the scenes talk and such and I can tell you it's more active than you think, there's just so many departments, quality control and testing (you may laugh but it's true) but unfortunately inevitably there's always an issue with something. I'm not excusing what's been happening but I have seen that it's not the "sit on your hands and wait" or "lazy workers/developers/coders" approach that most people seem to have of Atari and Eden Games.

Now please let's keep this on topic, if the game has problems for you or is now running please post a description and of course your specifications, anything that can make this game improve and work better for more people and configurations would be great, as even if you don't like to admit it, this game is good, it just unfortunately has some serious issues for some.

Thanks.

Wow. I don't know which is worse:

1). This forum's lack of posts, especially in light of the recent patch release

2). The lack of intelligent conversation in this forum

3). The lack of caring and respect for the PC Gaming community that Atari has shown.

Good luck with each other.

I agree with you slightly on point 3, but the first two are hardly motivating.

Whining about lack of intelligent conversation is hardly about to inspire more.

With regard to the patch, wtf? The same version as the supposedly baaaaaad Alpha? How many people's computers crashed with the Alpha and how many crashed with the "official" version? I bet the lists are similar.

Anyway, good and bad with the patch.

- Audio balance is fixed, which is sad in some respects but useful in others. I loved shaking the whole house with the idling noise of my Daytona, but hated trying to listen to music when all I could hear was an overwhelming wave of bass.

- However there are problems I never had before with audio now. I get stuttering where there was none, namely at high speed whilst accelerating.

- I see more people in free-roam, which is nice.

- However, staying together in a group whilst free-roaming seems harder. Connection instability galore.

- The traffic is significantly less random when I'm the only one in the session.

- However, synchronising traffic with other people still seems to be a problem. The amount of times in the past I've been hit head on by appearing cars....

Nothing too major though. I'll post a system spec when I'm sure of one.

Well, I was driving all around the island in order to visit each of the showrooms when I encountered a crash on my way to the Paganini showroom. It grinded to a halt, and I thought it would be Ok as sometimes it can slow down a bit and then recover. But it just ground to a halt . Tried to alt-tab in order to close it as it wasn't doing anything, and my PC froze, so I reset my computer which at the time was the only thing I could do. Upon rebooting and trying to load up the game, I got a SecureRom error. Rebooting again solved the problem.

Is anyone with and NVIDIA 8800 card who was previously trouble free experiencing bugs or problems after installing the patch? I won't be on my home PC till tomorrow and my TDU is still unpatched so I just want to make sure it won't cause any problems.

I seem to have lost 5 FPS on my 8800GTS, but that might be caused by something else.

As for the rest of the patch:

- both new cars hardly interest me

- online is much improved

- adding friends ACTUALLY works

- traffic randomness is crazy when there is 8 people in a session

- I didn't like the reduction in noise from the cars

- headphones still sound screwy to me (not the actual headphones, the games use of channels)

- NEEDS MORE CARS... when do we get our RUF's/Porsche's ????

Well, for what it's worth, I don't have an 8 series card, but a 6800GS, and beside the problem I've posted, I haven't had any other problems. Mostly smooth sailing.

Oh yeah, the volume issue. That was actually a feature, go figure. I actually loved the loudness of the bass in the game when I first started the game up. While I had to adjust things to lower the volume, I just loved it because it made the engines have "punch" to them and I think that's part of why the sound was so good. When I started the game up after the patch, I felt the sound was very weak at the same levels I had previously set, so I had to max everything to even get it to a respectable level. Apparently this is all due to people complaining about the loudness of the bass. Well, some people do have good sound systems and love to show off :P I'm sure some people down the street have wondered where the car noises were coming from because they sounded so real lol. I kept expecting the cops to knock at the door to tell me to turn things down. Now though, even at max, it seems not quite loud enough.

Another thing, and this isn't a complaint, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one to notice some change in the physics of the cars, and for the better I might add. I'm not sure if it's just the car I decided to start out with, but I'm feeling the car handles better around corners, less rigidly. I decided to start a new game after the patch (Oh, yes, I didn't mention that I was actually able to just continue my game, did I?), and chose the Alfa Romeo as my starting car instead of the Skyline, and I'm finding the handling better, or maybe it's just a better overall car? Am I nuts to think that the physics have improved?

Another thing, and this isn't a complaint, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one to notice some change in the physics of the cars, and for the better I might add. I'm not sure if it's just the car I decided to start out with, but I'm feeling the car handles better around corners, less rigidly. I decided to start a new game after the patch (Oh, yes, I didn't mention that I was actually able to just continue my game, did I?), and chose the Alfa Romeo as my starting car instead of the Skyline, and I'm finding the handling better, or maybe it's just a better overall car? Am I nuts to think that the physics have improved?

I have noticed the handling in Hardcore is much better and more responsive, but as for normal mode... it seems to be about the same.

My experiences so far:

+ New cars are wonderful- they sound perfect and handle beautifully. The Skyline is just what I imagined and drifts like nothing else; RS4 has me addicted.

+General performance is smoother and the online code seems more robust

+I too have noticed a change to the physics- cars handle so much better

+Sound quality has improved- still I liked the bass before. My Fully Sick Subwoofer needs something to pump out!

+I can change a few more video options now...

-...Until the Blue Screen comes along and wrecks everything. Please. This shouldn't have featured in the original version never alone a patch that took three months. Very dissapointed.

Well there are more positives there than negatives. OK first patch, but really you'd expect this of an on release patch. Blue screens are inexcusable.

I actually loved the loudness of the bass in the game when I first started the game up. While I had to adjust things to lower the volume, I just loved it because it made the engines have "punch" to them and I think that's part of why the sound was so good.

Heh, same here. :D

There was nothing better than an idling V8 shaking the floor. Thank god for sub-woofers.

Tigacatch says "what a load of crap"

My personal opinion on the patch is "ATARI NEEDS A GOOD KICK UP THEIR ARSES"

My specs

opteron 1.8Ghz overclocked to 2.6Ghz

Nvidia geforce 8800gts 621/900

psu 520 watt ocz modstream

raptor 150 drives

Well what is there to say about the patch apart that it is taking the piss out of the gaming community "I SAY ABSOLUTE PISS".

Done fresh install of game and installed official patch, ever since that the game has been ten times worse.

Crashes every 10 minutes or so "BSOD" for no reason at all (no backround tasks running) total random from what I can make out.

Sound been fixed ?? I don't think so. How about cockpit view looking out to the rear, well no sound at all "NOT FUNNY".

Also stuttering in the game "NOT FUNNY EITHER" even thou the frame rates are good (50 fps with no HDR).

I am pretty sure if I where able to play for any length of time I would find more problems but the BSOD is preventing that from happening.

I really hope that the gaming community realises that companys like atari get away with anything. Sell a game for £30 and then turnes their back on us.

If the game doesn't work, well tough, buy another and another ,.....

Break a seal and the game is non refundable. Take it home play it a while and its no refundable. Its all bull and I for one will not just turnover and put up with this crap.

I was thinking of complaining but no point is there, they've sold the game and all complaints go into the trash.

:monkeydance:

I have an issue

Stuttering, BSOD's, sound issues even after official patch

Specs

PSU OCZ 520W MODSTREAM

CPU Type DualCore AMD Opteron 165, 2400 MHz (9 x 267)

Motherboard Name MSI K8N SLI Platinum (MS-7100)

Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce4 SLI, AMD Hammer

System Memory 2048 MB Type: Corsair 3200XL Pro

BIOS Type Award (04/10/06)

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (320 MB)

Drivers tested ForceWare Release 158.24

ForceWare Release 162.22 Beta

Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 913N 19" LCD

Audio Adapter Creative SB Live! 24-bit onboard

IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA Controller

Disk Drive WDC Raptor SCSI 150 GB, 10000 RPM, SATA

Disk Drive WDC SCSI Disk Device 465 GB

Disk Drive WDC Raptor SCSI 74 GB, 10000 RPM SATA

Optical Drive PIONEER DVD RW DVR-107D ATA Device

Operating System Windows Vista 32 bit

Backround tasks Nod32 antivirus

AVG anti-spyware

Zonealarm firewall

Been having lots of problems with new patch.

A lot of bluescreening BSOD's (didn't have that before)

No sound in rear cockpit view (didn't have that before)

Lots of stuttering even thou frame rates at 45-50fps (more extreme than before)

Atari & Eden have had lots of time to implement fixes to the coding, yet have failed to deliver again with the release of their official patch.

I have browsed lots of forums where folk are complaining. There seems to be a general feeling that atari & eden are having a laugh supplying an incomplete game with dodgy coding and then a patch that makes things even worse.

I buy a wash machine I expect the dial to work, I buy a car I expect the engine to work, I write some software and ensure the coding is solid.

The patch should have undergone a public beta test to ensure compatibility and stability on a wider spectrum of machines.

I really hope Atari is reading this and axing some jobs in their departments as this has been a performance expected only from amateurs.

All comments are welcome.

I've got a similar set-up as you tigacatch and I find it runs a lot better. I can drive in the city better and I was told to use the World In Conflict beta drivers for the 8800 as this makes the city run very smooth.

I'm yet to try it as I don't like to use beta's but I may try it later.

The only time I have seen lag so far is when people join and leave the session.

I will see how the cruise goes tonight and let you all know here how it went.

Oh and I can now do the 180 speed run challenge in the city without it lagging every few minutes.

post this on atari forum and it got binned

Well, well, well.

Posted my previous posts on the atari forum and guess what ?!!!!!!

It got taken of their forums within ten minutes.

So they must care about their reputation just not about "YOU" the gamer.

The administrators on that site are real chicken not to listen to someone how seems to know more than them.

I will continue looking at fixes to resolve some of my issues with the game, mybe starting of and checking my bsod dump file. Mybe need to monitor memory activity too for leakages and so on.

We didn't have any major problems at last night's cruise. Yes the game is still stuttering mainly when people connect and disconnect. But overall I would say there is a improvement.

The city part runs better but still not perfect. We were able to drive through and out the other side in one piece. There was one connection glitch where I lost everyone but they all connected back straight away.

So lets hope they can polish it a bit more then it will be perfect.