We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[!UPDATE #2]Gran Turismo 5 Prologue: 1st incar pic!

Eudemon

Keep checking the Official GT5 Prologue site for more info, screens and videos: http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/

[uPDATE #2] First unofficial incar pic:

149041.jpg

Also been said the GT5:P will have 40 cars

Damn, the PD boys really surprised with this one:

Wow major update !! 16 cars on track !!

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

p18a.jpg

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

New video also !!

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/d944.html

Oh my god, racing against 16cars, I guess PD pulled it out the bag, if they get the collision and off track collisions more realistic then damage could well be excused but I would personally still prefer it !!

Link to new screenshots:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/screen/

Oh yeah GT5 Prologue in October too !!

Information too much.

not surprised really, everyone needs to experience the G25 and LFS :D

Same I have G25 and LFS S2.

GT5 looks absolutely sexy. There is a problem about the whole customization thing Forza has, I really dont like the whole customizing thing, I can deal with engine mods but getting an already good looking and making it worst with graphics (talking about Ferraris and Aston Martin type cars, imports are different). That is totally unnecessary. Yet 16 cars on the track is genius, Forza is a nice game (Not trying to diss anyone who likes it alot) but HA they don't got 16 cars on track, 500+ cars in the game.

they don't got 16 cars on track, 500+ cars in the game.

can i point sumthing out here, LFS S2 can have upto 32 cars on track (lets see a console beat that)

plus with 8 cars on track there is major lag if they are packed up, usually the first turn, now imagine 16 cars all going for the same line, and how much lag that WILL cause.(plus GT crash physics have always sucked donkeys off)

can i point sumthing out here, LFS S2 can have upto 32 cars on track (lets see a console beat that)

I think LeMans 24 Hours on the PS1 had about that amount on the track, It had all 3 classes GT2, GT1 and Prototype all on the track at once..

That's correct Nodz, Le Mans 24Hr did have a hell of a lot of cars plus day night changes, that was a good game. And nipper LFS doesn't render models of this quality, if you saw the original Vision GT trailers which was the GT4 engine being run on a PS3 in HD then you would have seen 26 cars running about. If anyone can pull this sort of task off it's the guys at Polyphony Digital, it's just whether the game will be any good and actually have decent contact physics and low speed physics that will matter to most, oh yeah and the sound also needs to really improve a great deal.

That's correct Nodz, Le Mans 24Hr did have a hell of a lot of cars plus day night changes, that was a good game. And nipper LFS doesn't render models of this quality, if you saw the original Vision GT trailers which was the GT4 engine being run on a PS3 in HD then you would have seen 26 cars running about. If anyone can pull this sort of task off it's the guys at Polyphony Digital, it's just whether the game will be any good and actually have decent contact physics and low speed physics that will matter to most, oh yeah and the sound also needs to really improve a great deal.

LFS makes up for the low (although TBH i think its quite good) graphics in terms of physics, being able to make your own autocross style courses, and of course i can modify EVERYTHING in game, from car sounds to track details (although you do need to know what your doing)

oh and dont forget, the tire physics on LFS are so good you can actually blow your tire from hitting a kerb too hard or doing a burnout for too long

plus with 8 cars on track there is major lag if they are packed up, usually the first turn, now imagine 16 cars all going for the same line, and how much lag that WILL cause.(plus GT crash physics have always sucked donkeys off)

I was accually talking about Forza, me not really a fan of Forza.