We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear Parody (Apply within to take part)

Iced_Bullet

OK, yes be patient, we've got you on the list for the GT position :P along with 5 others

you will know in the next day or so if you've got the part... i have most of your details (rig spec etc) so the only thing to do know is await results :)

Just HP m7690n on HP.com just to be extra sure.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd offer myself up as a camera, but then, I don't have a wheel to make things go smoother as it would more or less be stop and start. Also, I'd recommend whoever ends up being the camera chooses a car with a low engine noise so as to not drown out the engine noises of the focus cars.

As for a carpark, I thought I saw one along a road somewhere, but I can't remember where. It wasn't anywhere near the stadium either.

I'd offer myself up as a camera, but then, I don't have a wheel to make things go smoother as it would more or less be stop and start. Also, I'd recommend whoever ends up being the camera chooses a car with a low engine noise so as to not drown out the engine noises of the focus cars.

As for a carpark, I thought I saw one along a road somewhere, but I can't remember where. It wasn't anywhere near the stadium either.

cheers well I can put you down on the list for camerman :) and as a kinda back-up if there is problmes with the other users etc or if they cannot get online for some reason - cheers

cheers well I can put you down on the list for camerman :) and as a kinda back-up if there is problmes with the other users etc or if they cannot get online for some reason - cheers

Sure thing. I guess I might as well put in my stats just in case.

Time Zone: GMT -5 (Currently -4 due to Daylight Savings Time)

Time Play Length: (how long you play for at a time in hours.) Anytime between an hour and up to at least 5 hours

When You Play: Morning/ Afternoon/ Evening My Evening as anything else, there is too much glare due to the sun to be able to see anything.

Filming Capability?: (Do you have FRAPs basically?) Nope, but I have a feeling I'll need to if I'm managing a camera.

Xfire? Errm, I used to. I'd have to get a new account or find my username and password and let you know.

Email: I'd actually prefer not to put it on the board as spam bots collect addresses, so if you need to know, PM me.I'm not sure when you're doing this, as I'll be away all of next week just so you don't expect me during that time.

i think we would have to film (while you're in evening and we're in morning) ie.e like 7pm onwards (GMT +10) if we choose you... :)

Not a problem, on weekend evenings if my dad doesn't need to use his laptop, I could be on till about 11PM or midnight GMT +10. I also PM'd you about my settings :)

ok probs i see the audio for one thing are u going to use the audio from the top gears clips or use the ingame clips also the fact of camera shots ur gonna need more than 1 bike and 1 car to do this

u need at lest

1 car for front views one runing along side 1 for drive bys and 1 for following for route

ok probs i see the audio for one thing are u going to use the audio from the top gears clips or use the ingame clips also the fact of camera shots ur gonna need more than 1 bike and 1 car to do this

u need at lest

1 car for front views one runing along side 1 for drive bys and 1 for following for route

We will be suing the audio from the Top Gear clips... and we will be using recorded footage from within TDU. Well the fact that when we only have 2 cars in view... the other car (which isn't in view, can do the filming...) this just means that the "cameraman/women" doesn't have to be 'working' all the time etc... they can enjoy the pleasures of TDU :P

We have have decided we will only need 1 camera person for this reason! And myself and Speed_Freak can do a lot of filming if we need by mearly switching between cars :)

+ There won't really be a "route" we will be finding specific areas and roads which match the ones to the original Top Gear footage

Thanks and congratulations on 100 posts :)

We will be announcing who we have chosen for each place when we are ready to start filming. Obviously Iced_Bullet hasn't started his profile yet as he is waiting on a new graphics card, so be patient for now, we should be ready very soon, just not yet. ;)

We will be announcing who we have chosen for each place when we are ready to start filming. Obviously Iced_Bullet hasn't started his profile yet as he is waiting on a new graphics card, so be patient for now, we should be ready very soon, just not yet. ;)

Just a small update:

Now that Iced_Bullets' graphics card has arrived it shouldn't be too long before we choose who we would like to participate, so I'm sorry for keeping you waiting so long, but the wait is nearly over :)