We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bugatti Veyron Dethroned!

alabama619

Brabus TKR!

20060721-barabus-tkr.jpg

Few people know this, but this is now the fastest car ever made, having

dethroned the Bugatti beast. The name is not to be confused with the

German tuner Brabus, as she's built by the British company Barabus

Sportscars Ltd and will be produced in Italy. She has 1005 horsepower,

it can do 0 to 60 mph (0-100 km/h) in...unbelievably...1.67 seconds

(manufacturer's results). And, surprisingly, this power doesn't come

from a huge engine, but rather from a "small" 6.0 liter V8

twin-turbocharged with dual intercoolers.

This declared speed is

impressive and some people think that such a figure is not even

possible: 270 mph (435km/h), nearly 20 more than the Veyron.

Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Top-10-Fast...rld-53989.shtml

No car has proven a higher speed than the Veyron yet so the Veyron is still king. SSC has only done 241mph thus far.

Officially the Koenigsegg is still the fastest car in the world. But i think they forgot to do their administration! :P

Officially the Koenigsegg is still the fastest car in the world. But i think they forgot to do their administration! :P

Nope. Technically, the McLaren is still faster than it.

The CCR recorded a speed of 387.87 kph, while McLaren recorded a speed of 391kph.

To this day though, the Veyron is still the fastest. It's been seen by Guiness 3 times hitting 253Mph.

<cough> KIT CAR <cough>

... and now Serious stuff

The Veyron has been designed to FULL VAG specs ... this means in terms of durability (how long things last before they break, just ask someone about Belgium Pave ... cobblestones) ... then there's all the safety requirements ... I bet the Barabus and SCC haven't been designed to pass all the crash requirements in the world these days (and by pass I mean they'll have a margin on top of the requirement) ... then there's NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness) or how much things shake and droan/boom ... having seen the Clarkson trip across Europe the Veyron is a VERY refined car ... I bet the other 2 aren't ...

Well that's just a few things that don't really make these cars comparable to the Veyron ... a Veyron is a MAJOR feat of engineering ... anyone could make a seriously quick car if you put your mind to it!

Oh and I'd still have an McLaren F1

<cough> KIT CAR <cough>

... and now Serious stuff

The Veyron has been designed to FULL VAG specs ... this means in terms of durability (how long things last before they break, just ask someone about Belgium Pave ... cobblestones) ... then there's all the safety requirements ... I bet the Barabus and SCC haven't been designed to pass all the crash requirements in the world these days (and by pass I mean they'll have a margin on top of the requirement) ... then there's NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness) or how much things shake and droan/boom ... having seen the Clarkson trip across Europe the Veyron is a VERY refined car ... I bet the other 2 aren't ...

Well that's just a few things that don't really make these cars comparable to the Veyron ... a Veyron is a MAJOR feat of engineering ... anyone could make a seriously quick car if you put your mind to it!

Oh and I'd still have an McLaren F1

I bet the new bristol is quite refined but the fact that the Veyron is so fast yet comfortable, has room in it and won't brake down when you go more than 4 miles in it makes it better, is the sophisticated hypercar.

The name is not to be confused with the

German tuner Brabus, as she's built by the British company Barabus

Sportscars Ltd

Surprised noone noticed this TBH, even though you told everyone NOT to get it confused for the German Tuner Brabus, at the top of your post you named it the 'Brabus TKR'.....