We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Central Magazine

Speed

Ill edit mine, so the *'s aint in mine, but then if a mod reads this they'll guess as we just told them xD

just say if you want me to delete this post :P

Lol I even want you to delete it :spammed:You're not even doing a review!

P.S. If anyone happens to know how to create PDFs, as in the files that you view in Adobe Reader, then please post below, because we feel this is a good path to follow in producing the magazine,

Thanks.

P.P.S. Don't reply to this post with some sort of agreement Iced! The whole point is not to go off topic!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm ....*hides behind bushes to catch them in the act* ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

BTW It's the TDUc magazine so it's only right it should be hosted on here, what filesize you looking at?

The current most updated Flash file I have is just under 6mb but it only has 4 pages and doesn't work completely yet as the pages are too big and I can't work out how to zoom and scroll Lol. The last time I used Flash was about a year ago though so I do have an excuse.

I'm not sure what the file will be once we work out how to get it into PDF format though, and I'm not even sure how we're going to do that yet, as mentioned above.

Photoshop allows you save as a PDF, in order to create an actual PDF with pages you need to have the Adobe Acrobat program, not the Reader.

Wow thanks alot, I'll go try that now, and go find where I can get Acrobat and for how much etc. Thanks for the help Diablo, As always I need to spread some Rep before I + Rep your maxed out bar again Lol.

The TDU Central Magazine will be released tomorrow, I hope you all like it, as myself and a lot of other people have put a lot of work into it.

I have just decided to post here as I will not be here for the release so I look forward to reading your comments afterwards.

Thanks for reading,

Speed.

Oh right it was the US realease date, was thinking that this wasn't right but wikipedia awnsered my question before I asked it.

Anyway looking forward to it and off topic on wikipdiea there is an external link section in the game with the offical sites in. With other games it has the unoffical site aswell so was wondering why this website isn't listed.

Anyway looking forward to reading the articles see how well it all works.

I am trying to get the magazine online but unfortunately my ISP is acting complete crap again !! I finished doing the magazine display and was ready to upload it when I see my internet is down yet a bloody again!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try my best to get it on asap but this message has taken about 20mins to post itself !

Wahey! It's finally done.

[TDU Central Magazine Issue #1 - September 2007]

Credit to Speed and all those who created their reviews and features.

It's just a quick throw up I did, I will be aiming to make it dynamic and read from a database so that I hardly have to create the pages physically but it does for now.

Also I know The S71NG's pages are a bit hard to read so I will when I can put up a link to download the magazine in full resolution.

If anyone wants to create a new post or edit the first post go ahead, I need a rest. lol

Don't want it to boring though with that kind of thing, top gear as an example uses different thing though have certain patterns throughout the whole things. It’s all done in three columns, normally white background with black test, bright photo's mixed in to give interest and bright box's with headlines. Keeping to this (normally) they can then change the colours and the general layout (where photos headline are ect.).

It need to look like one piece but different all at the same time if that makes sence. Well thats my opinion anyway.

Don't want it to boring though with that kind of thing, top gear as an example uses different thing though have certain patterns throughout the whole things. It’s all done in three columns, normally white background with black test, bright photo's mixed in to give interest and bright box's with headlines. Keeping to this (normally) they can then change the colours and the general layout (where photos headline are ect.).

It need to look like one piece but different all at the same time if that makes sence. Well thats my opinion anyway.

It looks better if everybody uses the same lettertype and size. Titles can be bigger and background color could be mixed together with the picture. (Like the TVR Sagaris vs Tuscan review) Atleast the same sort of structure should be used, not that everything is totally different :)

Basically what you want to do is start off with a main background color. Then you need a main text color that fits in with the background color but is still readable, then for article picture you could layer the colors around the picture to give the effect that the picture is a blend into the background.

Headlines can be put in boxes with a larger font and lighter background color, for example if it was based on the colors of this forum my idea would work like this.

Background, Grey/Black, text black on a white/Grey/cream background in a text box, or many text boxes, then pictures in the middle of the article, not at the side or top of the page as this sometimes doesn't add the depth to the article.

For example: talking about a cars design you would insert a small picture into the middle of the paragraph to: A. break it up for the reader to give them a small rest and B. it gives the article an image for the reader to see regarding what is being said.

For images at the top or side or bottom of the article a Grey fade into the background color from the picture, this would make it look like it was designed to fit together, and gives it a sleek design.

Keep this standard across all pages and it will look more pleasing to the eye, also the next edition needs a contents page, club news, dlc news for 360, patch news for PC, any ps2/psp news if there is any.

Maybe us staff could work on a monthly update of what's been happening on the forum.

And an event listings section for the next month?, letters?, screen shots, meeting places, Tdu central club news pages, and finally, for the page numbers, and article names to be put at the bottom of the page in italics as it will make it easier to navigate the magazine.

Hope this hasn't bored anyone too much.

Baldred

• 2 weeks later...
I think the magasine should be a smaller resolution, as atm it's quite big, and us people with mere 19" screens have to side-ways scroll etc, and it would be better if the mag was a slightly smaller resolution in my opinion :)

Thanks

The mag was hosted at half its original size, so unless you're running 800 x 600 resolution or something similar then the mag should fit your screen easily. Most people will need to scroll downwards, but obviously this will happen at it is portrait and if we were to incorporate everyone screen sizes, the mag would turn out really small.

P.S. It's hosted at 1119 x 750 and I know for a fact that your resolution is 1280 x 1024 at least so the width would not be an issue for you. 1025 > 750 :D

P.P.S. Why did you bother bringing this up 9 days after it's last post? It's not even in the thread specifically designed for the mag release Lol.