We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Central PC Competition Re-launch!!

S71NG3R

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my understanding, depending on how many people signup for this then it will be spread out over certain days and maybe times anyway. If they can get an idea of numbers then they will be able to plan everyone hel of a lot easier in times that probably suit them.

Double yellow lines rule is the only road rule we will not follow so you can overtake on double yellows.

You can overtake on all roads but you can't undertake (pass on the right).

Thanks Diablo yes the date and time is not set in stone so once we know the numbers I will group people together for when you are available.

We have to pick times when both judges are available that's the only restriction we have.

The type of car is any supercar I will get a full list of cars you can use and add it to the first post at a later date.

Double yellow lines rule is the only road rule we will not follow so you can overtake on double yellows.

You can overtake on all roads but you can't undertake (pass on the right).

Thanks Diablo yes the date and time is not set in stone so once we know the numbers I will group people together for when you are available.

We have to pick times when both judges are available that's the only restriction we have.

The type of car is any supercar I will get a full list of cars you can use and add it to the first post at a later date.

Ok, I'm guessing this only counts on roads with 1 lane for each direction. We're not allowed to stradle into oncoming traffic if our proper side has 2 or more lanes... is that correct or not ? :) thanks

Ok, I'm guessing this only counts on roads with 1 lane for each direction. We're not allowed to stradle into oncoming traffic if our proper side has 2 or more lanes... is that correct or not ? :) thanks

Yes that's correct if the road has 2 lanes or more on your side of the road you can't overtake on the double yellow lines.

The double yellow lines rule is taken away on single lane roads so we can overtake.

Yes that's correct if the road has 2 lanes or more on your side of the road you can't overtake on the double yellow lines.

The double yellow lines rule is taken away on single lane roads so we can overtake.

woot, :)

I just did this route (using GPS 43.7 miles) in 30mins, so *calculates* - Averagely I drove 87.4mph :P

I was stuck behind 1 car for 8 miles, then straight after it turned, I got stuck behind a van for another 3 miles :( was a bit extreme!

Some questions I thought of (yes more ;))

- Can we stradle (2 wheels only) the hard shoulder to peek round a car? or would that count as driving off road?

- Plus can we "shorten" the corners by using other side of road or hard shoulder (on the single laners). As you're taught you do this in advance driving courses :) (but not on blind-bends :))

- In the thumbnails... the first... can we overtake in any lane, or do we have to be to the left as possible? and on the second thumbnail... if a car is turning left, can we go in the middle lane to ovetake, or do we have a wait behind while they slow down?

What a great idea :) I'll be there ! :)

I will try to drive this, and i'll post questions after ;)

Only one now : when we are driving normally on a road with 2 or more lanes in our side, can we stay driving on the extrem left or we have to drive the most at right ?

The most right, becasue in the rules, it says you get a point for "hogging the outside lane" :)

woot, :)

I just did this route (using GPS 43.7 miles) in 30mins, so *calculates* - Averagely I drove 87.4mph :P

I was stuck behind 1 car for 8 miles, then straight after it turned, I got stuck behind a van for another 3 miles :( was a bit extreme!

Some questions I thought of (yes more ;))

- Can we stradle (2 wheels only) the hard shoulder to peek round a car? or would that count as driving off road?

- Plus can we "shorten" the corners by using other side of road or hard shoulder (on the single laners). As you're taught you do this in advance driving courses :) (but not on blind-bends :))

- In the thumbnails... the first... can we overtake in any lane, or do we have to be to the left as possible? and on the second thumbnail... if a car is turning left, can we go in the middle lane to ovetake, or do we have a wait behind while they slow down?

No problem it's better to ask questions now. ;)

The position of the car is up to you what the judges will be looking for is breaking any of the rules stated in the first post.

Off road is all the car on the pavement or on the grass/dirt.

You can overtake in any lane as long as it's on the left.

No problem it's better to ask questions now. ;)

The position of the car is up to you what the judges will be looking for is breaking any of the rules stated in the first post.

Off road is all the car on the pavement or on the grass/dirt.

You can overtake in any lane as long as it's on the left.

OK, because I normally change between the 3rd person view, the drivers view and the bonnet view, to add variety, so if I was to stick my nose into the hard shoulder (tiny bit) to peer round a blocking car, I'm guessing that would be ok woot, cos I like doing that, IDK why, just makes it seem more realistic rather than using 3rd person view ALL the time :D

I just drive this way... and here's some questions :p

TDU-C%20%281%291.jpg

I can't overtake or undertake here, right ?

TDU-C%20%282%29.jpg

This overtake is too close > 1pt for dangerous driving ?

TDU-C%20%283%29.jpg

1 pt for hanging outside line... but here i see traffic far away, can I stay on the outside line ?

TDU-C%20%284%29.jpg

I am driving on this lane, can I undertake this 4x4 ?

TDU-C%20%286%29.jpg

Can we pass at the yellow if we drive too fast ?

TDU-C%20%285%29.jpg

Or it will be hard to brake... good driving here or some dangerous driving point ? ^^

TDU-C%20%287%29.jpg

When we have to turn, we have to be in the right lane, right ? (not like the pic ^^)

I think it's all :p

Sorry if some question was already asked :/

Btw, that was cool cruise, but I never met so many slow driver on the left lane :shocked: ^^

To provide an answer to your questions, hopefully my opinion on this is the same as stingers.

Pic 1 : Correct in that situation you cannot overtake or undertake that 4X4

Pic 2 : Yes that overtake is way too close and would result in a point. You should always be on the other side of the road when overtaking not right into the left side like your picture ;)

Pic 3 : Not sure about this. It may be ok but i would prefer if you stayed in the right land then overtook the car when you were nearer.

Pic 4 : No you cannot undertake that 4X4 as that is what is called 'Undertaking' ;)

Pic 5 : You shouldn't really have gotten yourself in this situation in the first place. You should always be aware of lights and slow down when you get to them because they could change, you never know. When other drivers are infront of you you should always be aware of the speed they are doing and so you do not drive too close to them ;)

Pic 6 : Not entirely sure about that one. If i saw that i would probably give you a point seen as you are over the white line at the junction where the traffic light is located. Again you shouldn't be driving so fast to have to do this!

Pic 7 : In that situation you don't need to be in a specific lane. However if you were turning right after that junction up the road you should always be in the right most lane to avoid cutting across lanes to get into the correct lane.

I hope that these are the answers you were wanting and i have done my best to provide you with the correct answers in these situations. If i didn't i'm sure S71NG3R will correct me on any of these if i have made a mistake ;)

To provide an answer to your questions, hopefully my opinion on this is the same as stingers.

Pic 1 : Correct in that situation you cannot overtake or undertake that 4X4

Pic 2 : Yes that overtake is way too close and would result in a point. You should always be on the other side of the road when overtaking not right into the left side like your picture ;)

Pic 3 : Not sure about this. It may be ok but i would prefer if you stayed in the right land then overtook the car when you were nearer.

Pic 4 : No you cannot undertake that 4X4 as that is what is called 'Undertaking' ;)

Pic 5 : You shouldn't really have gotten yourself in this situation in the first place. You should always be aware of lights and slow down when you get to them because they could change, you never know. When other drivers are infront of you you should always be aware of the speed they are doing and so you do not drive too close to them ;)

Pic 6 : Not entirely sure about that one. If i saw that i would probably give you a point seen as you are over the white line at the junction where the traffic light is located. Again you shouldn't be driving so fast to have to do this!

Pic 7 : In that situation you don't need to be in a specific lane. However if you were turning right after that junction up the road you should always be in the right most lane to avoid cutting across lanes to get into the correct lane.

I hope that these are the answers you were wanting and i have done my best to provide you with the correct answers in these situations. If i didn't i'm sure S71NG3R will correct me on any of these if i have made a mistake ;)

I couldn't agree more, I'm sure these are what Sting would say also, well this is what I was going to do when I take part, go slow and ALWAYS have my eye on the horizon and traffic / obsticles infront of me :) Thanks.

I doubt I will ever reach the 150mph limit :P as this is quite fast if I definately don't want to hit an traffic from lag or just in general ;)

Yes I agree 100%

Lane hogging is when you are in the outside lane for a long time and there are no cars to overtake.

In places where there are lights you just got to go slow. You never know traffic may not stop at red lights. You have always got to be ready to stop even when the lights are green. ;)

Thx for your answers, it's perfect ! :)

About Pic 3, Scottish say "Not sure about this. It may be ok but i would prefer if you stayed in the right land then overtook the car when you were nearer." and S71NG3R " Lane hogging is when you are in the outside lane for a long time and there are no cars to overtake.". On this pic I was driving fast, so it doesnt take more than 5 sec to reach the other cars, is it enough to be considering as lane hogging ?

About the red lights, yes lol, it's true, I have to be more carreful :p

About Pic 4, i believed no undertaking means when you drive on a line and when there is a car in front of you, you cant pass by the right. But now i know it's true whatever the lane youre driving in. ;)

It's ok now, i'm ready :D

Hum just a last thing :p When will we know which cars are authorized ? (this sentence doesnt look in perfect english :s sorry i'm french ^^)

About Pic 3, Scottish say "Not sure about this. It may be ok but i would prefer if you stayed in the right land then overtook the car when you were nearer." and S71NG3R " Lane hogging is when you are in the outside lane for a long time and there are no cars to overtake.". On this pic I was driving fast, so it doesnt take more than 5 sec to reach the other cars, is it enough to be considering as lane hogging ?

Yeah, well what speed were you going at? shouldn't of been over 150 ;) lol, but anyway, yeah I think you'd have a point for that, as it is kinda lane hogging. Just you need to drive carefully... and try to get as left as possible when ever :)

Hum just a last thing :p When will we know which cars are authorized ? (this sentence doesnt look in perfect english :s sorry i'm french ^^)

Yeah this sentence is in perfect English ;) :D

Yeah, well what speed were you going at? shouldn't of been over 150 ;) lol, but anyway, yeah I think you'd have a point for that, as it is kinda lane hogging. Just you need to drive carefully... and try to get as left as possible when ever :)

Hum yes, I forgot the 150mph speed limit :p

So ok now, i'm really ready :p

OK i would say i would join but my net keeps crashing now so i can't, here is another question though:

What should you do at STOP signs? cos they are on there, should people actually stop at these or are they allowed to just drive through??? cos in real life its an offence to not stop at a Stop sign.

OK i would say i would join but my net keeps crashing now so i can't, here is another question though:

What should you do at STOP signs? cos they are on there, should people actually stop at these or are they allowed to just drive through??? cos in real life its an offence to not stop at a Stop sign.

You have to stop. ;)

BTW if you are at the lights and turning right the red light is like a give way. So you can turn right and go over the red light if there are no cars coming. :D

You have to stop. ;)

BTW if you are at the lights and turning right the red light is like a give way. So you can turn right and go over the red light if there are no cars coming. :D

Cool, is this a rule you've just added? haha my mind in this is going to so full with tiny rules xD I'll probably explode.

So from what you said the lights are not "give-way" if you're turning left or going straight?

ps. will we using the basic GPS route? or will we be having to follow a different route set by the lead-judge?

I would like to know in advance which way we will be turning (ie. watching the GPS) :)

About the red lights, yes lol, it's true, I have to be more carreful :p

About Pic 4, i believed no undertaking means when you drive on a line and when there is a car in front of you, you cant pass by the right. But now i know it's true whatever the lane youre driving in. ;)

It's ok now, i'm ready :D

No problem mate! Glad i was of some use ;)

Cool, is this a rule you've just added? haha my mind in this is going to so full with tiny rules xD I'll probably explode.

So from what you said the lights are not "give-way" if you're turning left or going straight?

ps. will we using the basic GPS route? or will we be having to follow a different route set by the lead-judge?

I would like to know in advance which way we will be turning (ie. watching the GPS) :)

Yes that's right give way turning right only you will see the traffic do it in TDU. It's a rule in most if not all US states. I said this so you will not question if the leader judge does it. ;)

We will go the way the GPS says.