We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Things that make you smile in TDU

FavouriteFletch

I've been playing Test Drive Unlimited for a while now and absolutely love the game at it's core it's a fantastic single player experience but the online aspect makes it amazing.

Some if the things that have brought a smile to this old gamers face:

Bumping into random peeps and going for a big blast around the island.

Going for a drive and finding sneaky jumps into locked areas.

Chatting to cool like minded people around the world.

The thing that made me laugh most of all happened last night, I finally made it into the big airport and was having a blast on my bike and there was this annoying kid trying to knock me off, so I sped off and and he chased me, I got way in front of him and stopped just in front of some water, I could see him chasing me down so I waited for him and moved out of the way at the last minute. Next thing I know he is taking a bath cursing me as he goes, that had me grinning for a long time.

So share your stories about online shenanigans that have left you grinning.

On my first day, I was crusing in my Chrysler 300C and I went into the Stadium. This dude in a Ferrari was spinning round whacking everyone off the stadium so I hit him off and he started cursing me through messages. :)

I just love driving in a convertible with the sun blasting at you, and just driving round.

Myself personally;

* The reflections on the front of a Gallardo when in bonnet/hood view, other cars including players, road markings etc are shown very clearly. You can even see the headlights of cars coming towards you.

* Driving in a group with road rules and looking behind you and seeing a sight that could easily be out of the Gumball.

* Driving through the middle of traffic in a car or bike with only inches to spare at crazy speeds.

* Actual dials for the cars/bikes in all views as well as an actual rear view plus amazingly detailed interiors and engines (usually).

* While in convertibles, being able to look up at an overhead plane or just look up while driving, very surreal experience when on a long stretch of road and all you see is trees and road signs.

* Being blinded by the sunlight when looking behind you then in front again or like myself and baldy had last night, going along a long stretch of road and the sunlight acting almost like a strobelight due to be constantly hidden and reappearing by trees.

* The driver views on bikes, amazing sense of speed.

* The ability to drive anywhere when you want.

There's more I'm sure but these are the main things for me and always make me smile especially.

+rep on the thread idea !

I haven't played TDU for about 4 or 5 months I think. I have forgotten all the joys. I guess the one thing that really made me smile was that 2 people in the stadium were saying, "haha, look at that guy out there wondering how we got in, let's go show him!" So they pressed the back button to get back on the road and I was in the car park opposite, which left them gob smacked, eventhough it's pretty common TDU knowledge how to get in.

Destroying some american kid that thinks he is gangsta, priceless moments :D

Cruising around listening to loud music, and i mean LOUD!!

and ofcourse drifting around Tantalus never gets old!

your so racist what i liked the most when i went to my friends house he still plays i forgot his tag when he knocks off some european who then starts saying bloody hell yea and ofcourse i think ur jealous nipper of america u hate americans u hate there cars just leave us alone this is the first time im dissing europe but sometimes i just wanna take a big flamming stick with spikes on it and smash ur head open god!!!!

this is the first time im dissing europe but sometimes i just wanna take a big flamming stick with spikes on it and smash ur head open god!!!!

Whoa! That's a bit sudden/ violent isn't it? And what he said isn't racist, he never said anything to do with that. Anyone can be "gangsta." It's not defined by race, just associated and steriotyped into people thinking it is.

I think what he means is beating someone who is cocky and generally rude, well that's how I see it anyway.

your so racist what i liked the most when i went to my friends house he still plays i forgot his tag when he knocks off some european who then starts saying bloody hell yea and ofcourse i think ur jealous nipper of america u hate americans u hate there cars just leave us alone this is the first time im dissing europe but sometimes i just wanna take a big flamming stick with spikes on it and smash ur head open god!!!!

#1. For a start, learn to use grammar and punctiation, your post is very hard to understand.

#2. If your friend goes out and deliberately rams europeans then he is one of the people that gives you americans a bad rep

#3. Jealous of a country run by a retard by the name of George Bush?

#4. thats a bit rash no!?

either way, nipper wasnt being racist. i suppose that if he says he beat a girl hes being sexist, or if he says he beat a teenager hes baing ageist.:eek_blue:

@cocoki700: Sorry mate you got the wrong end of the stick in this one, he wasn't insulting America the country but mainly the young kid who was talking rubbish and who N1pper subsequently beat.

@N1pper: You've said your piece, now leave it be.

@Lwsbrck: Everyone has an opinion on 'Dubya' and unfortunately discussions about such usually end up in a complete insult fest so please no politics discussion thanks.

Now, get back on topic! :pcpunch:

Just realised I havn't actually contributed yet, so here goes.

#1 - When the sun is shining, and you're driving fast down the coast. Windows down, Music up, of course.

#2 - Club Racing. Racing from place to place with your club, all in supercars, all averaging 200mph+, Nothing beats the feeling of winning :D

Finally #3 - Hood cam, the one closest to the road. It gives you a real sense of speed over the others, and the engine noise is so much louder, such a great part of the game.

Droppin' it like it's hot and cruising away in a cloud o' smoke ;)

Priceless moment in TDU, Glitching an RK Spyder, sitting at the dragstrip waiting for some S7's. Then just simply destroying them in acceleration, and top speed :D

What they say is soo funny XD

Just realised I havn't actually contributed yet, so here goes.

#1 - When the sun is shining, and you're driving fast down the coast. Windows down, Music up, of course.

#2 - Club Racing. Racing from place to place with your club, all in supercars, all averaging 200mph+, Nothing beats the feeling of winning :D

Finally #3 - Hood cam, the one closest to the road. It gives you a real sense of speed over the others, and the engine noise is so much louder, such a great part of the game.

lol I thought you said you were off for an early night xD it's 11.10pm lmao!

But anyway I agree with all 3 of those!

# 1: The tunnels. Music turned OFF, speakers up to max, and bass on well 1/3 of the way :p or it's too bassy for mum downstairs xD

# 2: Group Cruises! - Games or Road Rules

# 3: The endless amount of stuff to do to complete the game :)

I'm usually a nice guy, but... you're an absolute moron. This coming from a fellow American :)