We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Central Mag - Halloween '07

Speed

Landscape or Portrait?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Landscape or Portrait?

• Landscape
    • Portrait
    • Not Bothered

TheScottishSpotter has had the idea to create a TDU Central magazine and has asked me to post about it. It will feature reviews, comparisons and just general info about the cars available in TDU.

This will be across all platforms. If you play PC, PS2 or 360, you are all welcome to write any type of page for the magazine, there will be sections for each console.

Now obviously it is not possible to do it all by ourselves, so we are looking for anyone who is willing to take part, and would like to write a review to go in the magazine.

We are looking to release the magazine monthly on the forums, so the first issue will hopefully be released on 1st September.

The size for each page needs to be approximately 2238x1500 pixels. Do not worry if you cannot make a page this large as we can edit pages together and or enlarge pages before we put them in the magazine. Feel free to do your page in Microsoft Word or a similar program. Myself and TheScottishSpotter may copy your text and images into photoshop, to make the page up to size, but we will not change any of your formatting without your permission.

The pages will need to me emailed to either myself and you can find my email address in my forum profile.

No, you will not be getting paid, this is just a bit of fun, the magazine will be for everyone to read, no money exchange between anyone will take place.

So if anyone is interested, let us know. You can review any car you wish, however please check the post below to make sure it has not already been done, we don't want 15 different Enzo reviews ;)

This post will be updated as need be and I'm sure TheScottishSpotter will have some things to say below also, and or course add all the things I have forgotten.:)

Thanks for reading,

Speed.

With the start of the school term, and the run up to Christmas etc, many of the writers are busy at the moment which is why we are not looking for an October 1st release this month. However I would like to release the next issue of the magazine on Halloween, 31st October, so I have made this topic just to let anyone who wants to contrbute aware of this. This gives us 38 days including today to write enough pages to fill a magazine :) Also with the run up to the October break, this should be plenty of time for anyone who wants to, to contribute :)

I know the magazine was very popular last time, so I hope this has made you consider the possibility of contributing this time :)

This time the page size needs to be 1000 width x 1200 height.

Posted below will be the review list as before, so if you're writing something, let me know so I can post it and noone else will do the same :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Templates: If you're using an eleborate background image then you don't need to include the 2 smaller photos unless you want to. However in the comparisons, am image of each must be included :) Thanks.

Review: __________Comparisons:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- -- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Font: I am not worried about what font anyone uses, as long as it is readable! I like custom fonts and most of my pages will be include them and as it would be ridiculous to expect everyone to download the same fonts as me, I feel it's better to just choose your own font, to put to your own style of writing :)

Cars Currently Being Reviewed:

Issue Two/ Halloween '07:

PC-

Ducati 999 R/ Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R/ MV Augusta F4 Tamburini - Speed

Ford GT - Speed

Audi RS4 - SuperHyperTDU

Ferrari F430 Spyder - Mb

Mercedes Benz SL 65 AMG / Ferrari 288 GTO - Iced_Bullet

Jaguar E-Type/ Maserati 3500 GT - buttsneeze

360-

Mclaren F1 - Diablo (Maybe)

TVR Tuscan/ TVR Sagaris - Pherelas (Iced_Bullet)

PS2/ PSP-

N/A

Custom Pages -

Police Evasion - Zarano

Credits/Thanks - Speed

I think it would be a good idea to have a uniformed design for the magazine thus the pages will flow better and it will take you less by surprise when turning pages. Also stick to black text, don't go all colour coded and such, pick a font and stick to it, continuity is always a good thing with publications. :)

Just some suggestions is all.

I'd like to do a review also but I'm not sure of what, McLaren F1 maybe! :D

Yes a uniformed design does sound good. So for now, until I make one up or find someone to make one then if you're eager to do a review, just do the text and find some good pics for now, then when I get a layout together we can use that and throw it all together, Thanks Diablo :)

I tried something out:

Page size: 1024 x 768

Font:

- Title: BankGothic Md BT (72 pt)

- Text: Arial (18 pt)

Then i took a overall shot of the car as background, photoshopped some parts and then i got this:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (xs.to) --

I think the sizes are quite cool for a magazine, not to large but still good readable.

And also fonts look good together :)

So if this is ok i'll go on making my review :)

But don't all the pages look different then? As my pages are wider then yours?

Yes they will, but I can't think of any other way to have both landscape and portrait pages in the magazine, unless we choose one or the other, which is bound to upset half the people who want to write reviews :( So for this issue we'll just have to try to use the sizes above and see how it comes out... :)

You really need to choose one or the other buddy and stick to that size and that size only. Get some ideas put in and have people test them and see what they think about it then those who wish to work on the mag have their dimensions set and can get to work on their reviews or features. I started work on a mag cover idea last week and will be showing it later tonight, it's not the sizes you've depicted but it can be changed as I'm just playing with ideas right now.

OCT 07 mag proposal

This is what I have ended up with, original was 1200x1000 so that aligning of images (original sized) and text etc can be done easily and then the one you see below is resized to 750x900. 750 wide means those with resolutions of 800x600 (why though who knows!) won't have any issues with scrolling and will be able to read it fine.

I do like the idea of 1119x750 also as it gives it an almost Calendar/Annual like look to it.

Anyway let me know what you think, was about in total 90mins work. Thanks!

front_cover_prop1.jpg

I'm going to try and do another one but probably won't be able to, way to busy at the moment. Will put more effort into it that the TVR one and do the page layout aswell. No idea, will think about what I can do and get back to you somewhen.

I've already started on the second half of the TVR review :s

Are you wanting to re-do it all, even though the first half was in the last mag :p It's up to you.

Wow, that's amazing!

Maybe I should change the resolution back, I'm still not sure if I've made the right choice yet Lol.

You'd better huury :p As me alone with other people have started to lay out the reviews - btw I vote for portrait layouts all the way ;)