We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear Returns Next Week!!!!

Nodz86

Yes Clarkson, Hamster and Captain Slow return next week (7/10/07) on BBC 2 at 8pm GMT+1.

The 1st show has the 2mile Sprint between the Bugatti Veyron against the RAF's new Eurofighter Typhoon jet.

spacer.gif

large.jpg

October 1, 2007 TGTV preview: Veyron vs jet fighter

There are just six days to go until the new series of Top Gear returns to your Sunday night on BBC Two.

Throughout the week, we'll be counting down to lift-off with sneak previews of the biggest challenges, races and stunts that you can look forward to in the new series.

And races don't come much bigger than this one: the Bugatti Veyron against the RAF's new Eurofighter Typhoon jet.

See, when Jeremy raced Richard and James across Europe - him in a Veyron and the other two in a washing-machine-with-a- propellor-on-the-front - a few of the boys from the RAF got a bit upset that it wasn't a fair fight.

They had a point, in fairness - the finest piece of automotive engineering in history versus a clattery Cessna 182 was only ever going to end one way.

So the RAF offered up their base for a proper race: a two-mile sprint between the Veyron and a jet fighter.

That's a mile to the end of the runway and back for the Veyron, while the jet plane - being able to fly and all - had to go a mile straight up in the air and then, well, a mile straight back down again.

A fair fight? Of course not. A close race? You'll just have to wait until Sunday to find out.

The new series of Top Gear starts this Sunday at 8pm on BBC2.

For more info and pics go here:

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2278/spacer.gif

I just download the torrent

Lol, #1 - The episode hasn't even premiered in England yet so there will not be a torrent of it anywhere... I've even checked so I know this post is correct.

#2 - I know from experience that this sort of comment is not appreciated on these boards.

Too bad I wont get it here for another year...

Edit: oh, and the Cessna 182 is not a fighter, but a standard PROP plane: the one they raced from italy(?)

I think it was a Harrier Jump Jet (?) over the 2 mile sprint, as that photo suggests

And that's going to be a looooooooooong wait for less episodes. 4 months to go is it?

If your on about Lost then yeah there is only 16 episodes in each series now and it starts in February and also the best thing about it is we find the real truth about the whole program in 2010 lol !

YESSS !!!!!!!!!

Bring on Sunday we got Top Gear then at 10 we have Billie Piper in lingerie ! Can Sunday night TV get any better ????

I think not, well not until Lost starts again.

Haha funyn coment +rep :)

Yeah, I take it this is the repeat of Sercet Diary of A Call Girl, cos I missed that on Thursday :( so sofar we've got our 8pm - 10pm TV sorted :p

E; sorry for double past, forgot to quote in last one about Nige :(

Haha funyn coment +rep :)

Yeah, I take it this is the repeat of Sercet Diary of A Call Girl, cos I missed that on Thursday :( so sofar we've got our 8pm - 10pm TV sorted :p

E; sorry for double past, forgot to quote in last one about Nige :(

Cheers lol !

Its true I mean Top Gear then Billie Piper in sexy lingerie is good tv has far as I am concerned and even if you watch Secret diary of a call girl on Thursday you can still watch it on Sunday, no harm in watching it twice lol.

Lol well as you know how to edit, as you've just displayed, what's the problem? Lol!

It's too much hastle, to quote, copy the quote code, then go back and edit, I just posted another post. And then I thoguht, 'oh God! Speed is probably likely to go "double post" ' (as you did before) so I just put the Edit bit in ;)