We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Demo: Need for Speed ProStreet

Nodz86

Demo: Need for Speed ProStreet

Content: Demo - Need for Speed ProStreet

Price: Free

Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions

Dash Text: [ESRB: E10+ (Everyone 10+) SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Compete at the highest level of street racing. Experience the intense rivalry of Grip Racing and prove yourself in the all-new Speed Challenge - the ultimate test of speed and control. Visit needforspeed.com for full product info. Need for Speed ProStreet is in stores November 14, 2007.

Size: 654.64 MB

From Major Nelson

I'll just post what I did at FC:

To be honest it's just ok, it's nothing brilliant, physics wise Forza 2 has nothing to worry about, the cars are still too light and the grip is like glue even on dirt unless 2 tyres wander over. Weight transfer is apparent but it seems more like Underground with added weight and bodyroll. The Race was alright, damage is kind of fun especially in Speed, I totalled the car more than raced it. Smoke was good for about 5secs then the novelty wore off, driftards (short for drifting die hards) will love it though.

Is it playable? Well yeah, it's more Burnout than Sim imo though, looks like EA's been in the code parts bin from how the damage and slo-mo actioncam shows anyway. I'd say it's a rent rather than a buy or wait a few weeks (days?) till the achievement whores have got their moneys worth and then pick it up cheap pre-owned.

It's no Need for Speed though, it should be a separate IP imo.

Also anyone else think the graphics seem worse than what trailers and that suggested?

I'll just post what I did at FC:

To be honest it's just ok, it's nothing brilliant, physics wise Forza 2 has nothing to worry about, the cars are still too light and the grip is like glue even on dirt unless 2 tyres wander over. Weight transfer is apparent but it seems more like Underground with added weight and bodyroll. The Race was alright, damage is kind of fun especially in Speed, I totalled the car more than raced it. Smoke was good for about 5secs then the novelty wore off, driftards (short for drifting die hards) will love it though.

Is it playable? Well yeah, it's more Burnout than Sim imo though, looks like EA's been in the code parts bin from how the damage and slo-mo actioncam shows anyway. I'd say it's a rent rather than a buy or wait a few weeks (days?) till the achievement whores have got their moneys worth and then pick it up cheap pre-owned.

It's no Need for Speed though, it should be a separate IP imo.

Also anyone else think the graphics seem worse than what trailers and that suggested?

I more or less agree, its far from simulation and isn't very good on the eye compared to previous NFS.

I like the fact you can total your car in a normal race but that would become annoying.

Got bored of it quite quickly it didn't fell like a NFS, nor did it look like a NFS. this is yet another NFS title that I'll be giving a miss.

I have come out with my brush to clean up and say "Wouldn't this be better in the General Driving Games section?"

It would be if there was a "mutli platfrom general driving games" section as this is a multi platform game. But there isn't.

But saying that this demo is for the 360 so it could have gone in there.

The mods can move it if req.

To be short: It sucks.

I was expecting way more then this piece of crap.

Not even bothering about the game anymore.

- Handling sucks

- 100-0 in 1 sec? Wtf...

- So (Fill in yourself) easy

- Smoke is fake

- Doesn't look very good

Im NOT getting it.

Guest RB26DETT

i hated the Underground era. Most Wanted was the best IMO. Carbon is crap. I had high hopes for this game but yeah, I do miss HP2.

*runs to the store and buys a copy of HP2.*

Hmm, I was expecting atleast a drift event in the demo..........

Still gonna get it anyway XD

I love the smoke, not realistic but who really cares?

Forza 2 should release a patch that makes good smoke, then maybe I would go back and play it.....

Hmm, I was expecting atleast a drift event in the demo..........

Still gonna get it anyway XD

I love the smoke, not realistic but who really cares?

Forza 2 should release a patch that makes good smoke, then maybe I would go back and play it.....

So what's that in your signature then?

Looks like a realistic smoke effect to me!

Real smoke is a lot thicker than what FM2 shows. It's unforunate that the smoke (of all things) is one of the few items ProStreet does better than FM2.

Yes, but Pro Street smoke looks very fake... My neighbour of 3 years could have drawn that...

So what's that in your signature then?

Looks like a realistic smoke effect to me!

But if you look at my sig pic in detail, it's actually wrong, the smoke isn't coming from the wheels, its coming from the rubber on the road about 10 metres after the car has made them... That's why there is loads of smoke behind both cars and not a single cloud of it inbetween them... because the lead cars smoke is only just appearing behind the follow car..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always liked NFS but that was before i knew TDU, I mean com'on my viper goes 401 km/h (250.6 mph) in NFSC and in TDU top speed I got with my stock viper was about 311 km/h (194.3 mph)

NFS IS A NON-REALISTIC GAME

GRAVITY = 0

NFSPS U CANT EVEN ROAM IN CITIES ANY MORE

NFS SUCKS at least IMO