We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Santas warned not to 'ho ho ho'

Nodz86

More PC Nonsense.

SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

OMG that really is taking the biscuit. I would go against it if I was a Santa and say 'ho, ho, ho'. It's like this crap that we have to not do this because it may be offensive to that minority or group, well like I always say; If you want to be in this country embrace our culture like you would expect us to do with yours should the roles be reversed. You can't have it one way only!

Ho, Ho, Ho Merry Christmas !!

Plus I thought it was 'hoe' no ho.

This is unbelievable just goes to show how messed up this world is.

Here are some other stupid things,

You know the Harry Potter books/films well the 3rd/4th not sure was originally named Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone, but the Americans changed it to " Harry Potter and the Sorceress Stone " because they thought it was to hard for the children to pronounce.

My mother went to China on holidays for 2-3 weeks. And she had a tour guide and she was Chinese and her Chinese name was Yaw. But when the Americans come on holidays to China and they have a tour guide with a Chinese name which is to difficult for the to pronounce they've changed it so that they all have American names. I was shocked to hear this.

So instead of calling her Yaw her birth name they gave her a name tag of Lucy. I know Yaw isn't a hard word to pronounce but some others are yes, but you don't complain you just practice until you say it correctly.

I nearly fell off my seat laughing with this, unbelivable. Out local shopping cneter banned chirstmas tree for some strange reason like this, complatly cray, it did the exact oppersite and the people it was suppose to stop being offened got offended becouse they thought they would get offended if that makes sence.

If children start thinking father christmas wants a prositute they should send them to a hospital not change what he says.

Un-frickin-believable. I'm really shocked...Like you all said, kids won't know what the H-word means, neither do I think they care... I mean seriously, "ho ho ho" has been the traditional Christmas greeting for the longest time. To change it just because a few women think it will corrupt the childrens' minds is complete pig crap. I mean, why only think about it now, not however long ago when the slang Ho was invented?

exactly!

anyway farmers also use the word too lol

i cant believe damn americans (no offence) changing our names (lol im chinese with a christian name..but still) cos they cant pronounce them...might as well like change french,russian and whatever language cos THEY CANT FRIGGIN PRONOUCE IT

exactly!

anyway farmers also use the word too lol

i cant believe damn americans (no offence) changing our names (lol im chinese with a christian name..but still) cos they cant pronounce them...might as well like change french,russian and whatever language cos THEY CANT FRIGGIN PRONOUCE IT

That thing about Americans (no offense guys) made me remember an article by either Mark Walton or Gavin Green in CAR Magazine... When faced with a word that's hard to pronounce (aluminium for example - even the computer wants to auto-correct for me :rolleyes:), they just shorten it or pronounce it however they feel like it. Texans seem to be the stereotype here...