We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU:C Christmas Gumball 3000 Challenge (PC & 360)

Iced_Bullet

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The cars can be anything you want, the more outrageous the colour the better. So start mixing up those paints and prepare to burn some rubber.

• We will wait for eachother at each checkpoint so we don't get lost. And we have about a 5 minute break. When the last person arrives.

• GPS - you may use it. However you can only map out to get it when everyone is at the place - I will say when you can map out to get the GPS :) - But beware, you map out at your own risk, if you cannot re-warp back to me or anyone who has warped to me .... in the 5 minute break, then we will start without you, and you will be forced to forfit that stage!

• Please try and vary the car you sign up for ... as a cruise with 6 Lambos would be a bit boring, if you see someone else in the car you want to drive, please state another car you would like to use, however you don't have to - duplicate cars are welcome, but not desired :)

• No short-cuts are allowed (however small). As this gives an unfair advantage. Also, you cannot drive on the wrong side of the road, if this means your journey is shorter, however some of you do like to drive against the flow of traffic down roads, I will allow this, however you mjst not gain any time or shorter distance from this.

• Days 1 & 2 will be C Class or below, and Day 3 will be A class or below (to sort the men from the mice ;)) And please do not come in the same cars as last time - to add variety :D

• Harcode Mode is allowed, and welcomed. You are allowed to use it any day. However If you wish to change into it or out of it, do so at the end of each stage, and you'd better be quick, as there is about a 5 minute break at each stage.

• Do not crash into people on purpose, as this is unfair. If I see or people tell me that you have done it on more than 1 occasion (which has pushed someone off the road - whether it be intentional or not). Repetative ramming will result in a point penalty.

• Any Rule breaking (may) result in a point deduction - depending on my mood (:p) and the severity of the break.

• I am currently still making small changes within the race, so the total route isn't finished yet. Any improvements you think could be done, please say. :)

• I have planned a route, and it's fairly long, and the idea is to complete the route over 2 or 3 days during the school Christmas holidays (19th December - 2nd January).

• The points scoring: 1st = 10pnts / 2nd = 8pnts / 3rd = 6pnts / 4th = 5pnts / 5th = 4pnts / 6th = 3pnts / 7th = 2pnts / 8th = 1pnt

• Video on Directions for Stage 7 (The black line) - Excuse poor quality rendered video.

Stage Times (Gallardo Spyder | Stage 3 | C Class):

Stage 1 - 22mins

Stage 2 - 12mins

Stage 3 - 10mins

Stage 4 - 28mins

Stage 5 - 22mins

Stage 6 - 06mins

Stage 7 - 15mins

Stage 8 - 15mins

TDU:C PC Participants with Car List - Days 1+2 / Day 3

1. Iced_Bullet Lamborgini Gallardo Spyder [stage 3] & McLaren Merc SLR [stage 3]

2. TheScottishSpotter Ferrari 288 GTO [stage 3] & Lamborgini Murcielago [stage 3]

3. MatijnMezger Lamborgini Gallardo Spyder [stage 3] & Lamborgini Gallardo SE [stage 3]

4. JonLim Shelby Daytona & Maserati MC12

5. SpeedFreakLightning Ferrari 575 Maranello [stage 3] & Ferrari Enzo [stage 3]

6. Carboy18971 Ferrari 575 Maranello [stage 3] & Ferrari Enzo [stage3]

7. Joel_1000 Alfa Competizione & Pagani Zonda [stage 3]

8. HSVxSEXY_TIME? Ferrari 575 Maranello [stage 3]

9. -Lr-SpeedraceR CLS 55AMG & Dodge Viper [stage 3]

10. Sensei Lamborgini Gallardo SE [stage 3]

TDU:C XBox 360 Initial Participants

1. Gwaith (unknown times) [GMT +2]

2. KTF67 (360 should be back by 23rd dec) [GMT -5]

3. People the ^ above invite.

Well I can only say for PC version. But I think Xbox players like too cruise at around 8/9pm GMT.

The Pc one will start at around 8pm GMt each day.

E: Mb, just told me on Msn he's free utnil 25th.

Why don't we just do it at 1 or 2 PM? Then most times zones could be playing :)

Everyone has been entered to the list. I know we have 8 people, but from last experience, not everyone can get to the Gumball at same time, so I will finalise the times for PC when I get the last dregs (:p) enter.

Why don't we just do it at 1 or 2 PM? Then most times zones could be playing :)

Well I will work out the best time when I have everyone who wishes to enter. We already have 8 people, but I'm waiting for the usual suspects (S71NG3R etc to say if they want to take part)

Best times for me would be 5-8GMT. It's also a bit hard for me to promise to be able to play in some holiday days since I'm sure I have something else to do than to play (24th and 25th especially).

OK, well if the 360 gumball does go ahead, then whom ever "takes over" can organise the best time for you lot to compleet the Gumball :)

if i go ion HC its alright yea, basically ill lose but i dont mind cuz its just the taking part that counts not winning so im only in it for fun, get some drifting going at the back lol

Yeah feel free to go in H/C mode :)

I would love to be in the gumball, but my xbox 360 was just sent back to MS for repairs. I should have it back by December 23rd, so put me down as a maybe for the 360.

OK, i've put you down in the list for the 360'ers.

Let's go again ! :)

Excepted the 24th and the 31th, i'm free all the time (for the moment ;) )

8PM (or later) is ok for me ;)

The route looks long and good :) But its seems to have lot of "highway" style road (= fullspeed), its could be more interesting to go through moutain roads or other more curved roads ;) I added some idea on the map :

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

@ Telos - cool :)

@ S71NG3R - Added to list :)

@ -Lr-Speed - I like the mountain ideas. It's just unfortunate that some people don't know how to read a map, and normally go the wrong way, as it's not the standard GPS route. I definately will look into making some routes more "mountainy". As highway racing does get broign, and doesn't really test the driver's driving ability.

As I say, I will lok in various routes, including more mountains. Just getting a slightly different route from the last Gumball is hard, and also making the route "n00b friendly" is hard also. :D

@ Everyone - I've made it so we can have to a max - 16 people (2 groups) as this will be hard. I may order it ability wise (prob not) or first come first serve, or into time zone differences. I will see :)

New Map up with more mountainy bits.

E: the map has the '5' marker in wrong place. It will eventually be placed with the '6', as they are both the same palce. However I'm off to play TDU now :p

Let's go again ! :)

Excepted the 24th and the 31th, i'm free all the time (for the moment ;) )

8PM (or later) is ok for me ;)

The route looks long and good :) But its seems to have lot of "highway" style road (= fullspeed), its could be more interesting to go through moutain roads or other more curved roads ;) I added some idea on the map :

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

i agree, highways get boring after a while, its nice to take a break from them and go through a couple of tight and twisties :)