We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need For Speed Pro Street

eleKtro

I recently purchased this game for PC

I love it :) Sorry to all you haters, but this is a good game.

The drag racing is my favorite. Its about as close to the real thing as you can get via a video game these days.

Grip is good also. The driving is very close to gran turismo only a little watered down...

Drift sucks. I do not like the drift events.

Speed is fun also. Though it doesn't require as much input as the other modes, you still get a great sense of speed.

The whole game is built around the 'do or die' method. You mess up and you're boned. Its that simple.

Another thing that I REALLY like is the car selections. This is the first game I've played that has a proper model of a 2003 Mustang and Shelby GT500. Those are my two favorite cars in the game. Both are drag racers right now, lol. I'll make some videos :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently purchased this game for PC

I love it :) Sorry to all you haters, but this is a good game.

The drag racing is my favorite. Its about as close to the real thing as you can get via a video game these days.

Grip is good also. The driving is very close to gran turismo only a little watered down...

Drift sucks. I do not like the drift events.

Speed is fun also. Though it doesn't require as much input as the other modes, you still get a great sense of speed.

The whole game is built around the 'do or die' method. You mess up and you're boned. Its that simple.

Another thing that I REALLY like is the car selections. This is the first game I've played that has a proper model of a 2003 Mustang and Shelby GT500. Those are my two favorite cars in the game. Both are drag racers right now, lol. I'll make some videos :)

carbon has the gt500 too...07 model tho

concerning the drag, it depends on what car you have. i have a hard time warming up the tires for muscle cars (dodge charger r/t) so i have a subaru impreza wrx sti that does incredible burnouts all the time. it runs in the low 8's in the 1/4 mile course. :D

Ive tried 4wd cars on the dragstrip, but I found it to be better with rwd cars:oook: I now have a Zonda that makes 1/4 mile in the neighbourhood of 7 seconds :excited:

Guest RB26DETT
Ive tried 4wd cars on the dragstrip, but I found it to be better with rwd cars:oook: I now have a Zonda that makes 1/4 mile in the neighbourhood of 7 seconds :excited:

i have a zonda aswell that runs in the 6's. :p

I bought the BMW z3 for the drag races, was brilliant until I went into Ryo's showdown. Now I'm stuck, as it's rubbish getting from first into second. I've readjusted the gear ratios, in an effort to improve it, but I'll tell you how it went later on.

Any advice? I have around $30 000 as I spent 200 000 on upgrading the BMW for Ryo.

I bought the BMW z3 for the drag races, was brilliant until I went into Ryo's showdown. Now I'm stuck, as it's rubbish getting from first into second. I've readjusted the gear ratios, in an effort to improve it, but I'll tell you how it went later on.

Any advice? I have around $30 000 as I spent 200 000 on upgrading the BMW for Ryo.

For Drag Races I use the Corvette Z06, does drag in like 7 seconds, and easily holds a wheelie for the whole track, much cheaper than the Zonda and almost as good.

Guest RB26DETT
Yeah and the Supra is also very good

@RB26DETT: :O How did you get yours to go that fast?

i have all stage three parts. my drivetrain settings are set to tall. whenever i shift into third, i hit the nitrous button. my best time so far was 6.45secs @ 405km/h

• 2 weeks later...
i have all stage three parts. my drivetrain settings are set to tall. whenever i shift into third, i hit the nitrous button. my best time so far was 6.45secs @ 405km/h

Still not full Zonda's potential, hitting nitrous lil' bit earlier can give times below 6s (it's incredible, but in PS possible :]). It's Satan's car, 0-100kph in about 1s?!

And about game as a whole - I think it's the Return of the King. After all these cheap UG-clones NFS is finally playable and fun to play again... VERY good game.

Guest RB26DETT
Still not full Zonda's potential, hitting nitrous lil' bit earlier can give times below 6s (it's incredible, but in PS possible :]). It's Satan's car, 0-100kph in about 1s?!

And about game as a whole - I think it's the Return of the King. After all these cheap UG-clones NFS is finally playable and fun to play again... VERY good game.

yeah, i heard the zonda can run 5's on the 1/4. i looked up for blueprints for the zonda in the nfs forums, they said they all have stage "4" parts installed. how do you get stage 4 parts? is it like a reward for dominating race days because all i get are stage 2 and 3 parts from winning and dominating race days.

• 1 month later...

I have it on PS3, and at first it's fantastic - Great gameplay, cars, graphics, tuning etc..but after a while it gets SOOOO boring as it's just so repetitive in my opinion. The game doesn't allow you do unlock cars fast enough so you eventually get bored. I'll end up playing again sometime, i just don't know when. Not a bad game though, just too repetitive.

I have it on PS3, and at first it's fantastic - Great gameplay, cars, graphics, tuning etc..but after a while it gets SOOOO boring as it's just so repetitive in my opinion. The game doesn't allow you do unlock cars fast enough so you eventually get bored. I'll end up playing again sometime, i just don't know when. Not a bad game though, just too repetitive.

Same, 2 main reasons why I got bored really quick.

1. You can't free roam!

2. You can customize cars in menu.

• 4 weeks later...
The b word is a bit far isn't it ;)

And we could always have a race in a slower car :D

Not really, that word stands for many things depends how you use it. Like in the sentence I used it in, I was simply stating that I own you, your my property :D lol I'll edit it now.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...