We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Christmas Trees..

eleKtro

i literally CBA with christmas this year, its like 6 days to go and i don't care, it's just cheap and tackey now, it's about giving and recieving toys, presents and money nowadays, not family

i miss the old christmas

so no tree this year

You 16 according to your profile lol, im the same age and certainly don't remember any difference. Surely christmas is what you make it, our family all get together over christmas so it certainly is about family aswell for us and i'm sure a lot of people.

i am 16, 17 in January, i get together with the family aswell, but it just seems like it's all centered on getting things, not ACTUAL family, last year we had something like 33 family members a my aunts house, so it's not like we don't all get together, it's just become taccy, the adverts, all the stuff about "why can't christmas shopping be easier" etc, it shouldn't be like that if it was actually about family TBH

IDK, that's my view on things, i just can't be bothered with christmas this year, just seems a bit too commercial now-a-days

I don't think I've ever had turkey on Christmas day... My Dad usually cooks summat different like venison or pheasant...

Our tree was brought indoors (we acually have a live one we use every year), but that's as far as it goes. Not decorated yet, can't say I'm excited about doing it though... I have to agree with HSV, it's all a money-making scam for big businesses.

The adverts get very annoying, and lighting up in november is just stupid, just put ours up today. It is way to commercial and tacky but has been for years, just have to do somthing different. Turkey gets so boring after about the 5th week of eating it afterwards, have gammon and phesant aswell though noramlly. I quite like christmas, good food, get to meet a few family members and two weeks off college.

so, do you guys use plastics or real ones?

we've always had Norway spruce's here. I don't know why people whinge about the needles either... I mean, hoovering them up may be tedious, but the smell they give off when they go through that Dyson is lovely IMO

ours isn't looking very good, our fancy lights which have about 1 million different light patterns somehow decided to blow all 4 fuse bulbs over the space of a week...

so now we have naffness

not many presents under there as is either... :/

we have a spinning fibre optic tree inside, and then a 10ft one outside, with a blue diamond light cover (basically a load of lights in a net) then a projector, putting Christmas pictures on the wall, and the driveway has multicolored rope lights down it.

well seeing as nobody else has actually posted a picture of there tree, i thought i would, as said in a earlier post we don't actually have a tree, but instead here is a photo of the lights in the front of our house

photo taken on my phone, so not the greatest quality, but you get the point

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f363/khevolution/19122007126.jpg