We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How bout a truck for a change(56K, 3 pics)

DangerRanger92

Well heres where my name comes from. My 1992 Ford Ranger. Its got the 2.3L 5 speed(Same 2.3 you find in a SVO, Thunderbird Turbo, Or Merkur XRTi, just without the turbo). No options, even power steering. I added a system and thats about it.

Photochop. Would like for it to look like this real soon.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

l_b32b13dc4a2dcc0fdf2fd9373c652f6f.jpg

I made the shifter myself. I know, inside is dirty.

I have a Flowmaster Exhaust on it too. Not sure what kind, it was already on it, but my friends at Ranger power sports say its either a 50 or 70 series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_EFDdLK7Pw

Yea see I was expecting that, everyone here is from the UK. Who does minitrucks in the UK? No one because you guys only have trucks meant to be trucks; the Ford Ranger you guys have is a crew cab with a turbo diesel. I got a single cab with a gutless 105HP 4 cylinder, might as well make it into a show piece.

It will make it over speed humps fine even with a 5/7 inch drop on it, put bags on it and you can sit it on the ground, then just air it up when you go over speed bumps. Think my suspension looks broken? Try my friend's bagged Ranger(with a TON of custom body work).

actually thats not too bad, i like the paintwork on that

That's the only thing to like.

I don't really like truck tuning.

The only American cars i like are Hot-rods, these are quite cool :

(And the Ford GT ofcourse! :D)

You've got to remember US roads are mainly flat and straight, hence why we hardly see these in Europe unless they are branded by a company and lugging something along, it's different strokes for different folks. Myself personally see no point in it but then I like my cars to handle and give good response and feedback back to the driver making you confident when thrashing it!

yes diablo them Scottish roads are amazing, if you want challenge thats the place to be. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&time=&date=&ttype=&q=Loch+Lomond,+United+Kingdom&sll=41.210366,-74.888992&sspn=0.029186,0.080338&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=0,56.155475,-4.618150&ll=56.205176,-4.894409&spn=0.172631,0.6427&t=h&z=11&om=1

Just look at it. It's amazing.

The isle of mull is always a nice place to escape to for a bit of driving, the mix of great roads and amazing views just make the drive a pleasure.

I'll raise you some amazing Scottish B-roads near Loch Lomond, honestly only that place that Top Gear showed beats it !

I've been on Scottish B-roads when we came off the boat and we drove to Edinburgh. Not really much fun, as we went with a Bus :p But with a TVR i could imagine a lot of fun :D

I hate trucks, their not cars, their not bikes, their trucks. Their square and slugish, I really prefer ANY car than a truck, oh and I hate tuning. What normal person would tune their ferrari, lambo, Aston Martin or even their Yaris? the only thing I would change in my car is the performance.

• 1 month later...
I loved that game.

But anyway I like your truck DangerRanger. I like the newer ones better, but they are good work trucks from what I've seen. Where I live I always see one towing something, or carrying something in its bed.

I like trucks that have a lift kit or off-road tires and lights on them. I'm not really a big fan of lowering trucks, but some trucks look good, others look bad.

you mean like this? lol