We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU:C Easter Gumball 3000 Challenge [Poll inc.] [PC & 360]

Iced_Bullet

Should a points system be used for the Gumball 3000 ??? [please explain]  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should a points system be used for the Gumball 3000 ??? [please explain]

• No - Don't include a point system in the Gumball [please explain]
    • Yes - Include a point system for PARTS of the Gumball [please explain]
    • Yes - Include a point system for ALL of the Gumball [please explain]
    • I'm not bothered

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've changed my mind, i do care, i'd like a points system for all of the gumball :). I've already replied with my date. I'm so excited now :D. Ah well, it gives me time to figure out what my gumball car will be.
What did you vote in the poll? so I know at the end which to deduct a mark from ....

I was hoping to get FRAPS going again this time with sound. But M$ greatest creation (Vista) is stopping me using FRAPS and a MIC together. :mad:

So if we don't want to communicate I will use FRAPS until it's too laggy. :cry:

Also I am getting major lag spikes that get worst overtime. So if I get one that's too bad when the PC is locked up completely then I will be out of the rally.

But no one said life was easy. ;)

I was hoping to get FRAPS going again this time with sound. But M$ greatest creation (Vista) is stopping me using FRAPS and a MIC together. :mad:

So if we don't want to communicate I will use FRAPS until it's too laggy. :cry:

Also I am getting major lag spikes that get worst overtime. So if I get one that's too bad when the PC is locked up completely then I will be out of the rally.

But no one said life was easy. ;)

Vista doesn't like you using mic and fraps together? Why? I might have to do the gumball in xp 64 bit instead then :(.
You 2 thinking of filming then? (Y)

I will try to film to this too. But I wont bother with my 17FPS in FRAPS, I'll just use the DVD recorder :excited:

*uploading the new map and avatar etc without spelling mistakes * :monkeydance:

I normally start to do that, but get carried away ;) and produce a 15 min video which took a few hours to edit together ... :(

but this time, there will abe about 3 hours of footage to edit down :mad:

And I don't like editing big bits of footage out. On average, only 1/3 of the video recorded is useful though (well for me anyway) which sucks when you find that when you rip the DVD, it comes to 3gb, and I dont have a massive HDD to mess around with, and already have millions of gb of Top Gear footage on here ...

Ok, two solutions:

1.) Get an external hard drive (a Lifebox would be brilliant, that's what i've got) and put all your Top Gear episodes on that.

or

Yeah I could do that, I do also have my dad's 360gb HDD, but I cba to move the clips to there.

2.) Stop watching Top Gear and start watching Best Motoring.

It's not actual top Gear footage, its the TDU:C Top Gear Parody Remake of when they drove the GT, Zonda and F430 to the South of France :) and with Fraps and DVD Rips, there is about 15gb of TDU footage in total :eek_blue: (I'm such a perfectionist!

And btw, how long are we going to be stopped at the checkpoints for?

5 mins when everyone arrives. But it can be longer if people need the toilet or something :)

Vista doesn't like you using mic and fraps together? Why? I might have to do the gumball in xp 64 bit instead then :(.

Well when I have the mic on FRAPS uses that for the input and I can't change it so I'm not talking all over the video. I just like to blame Vista that's all. :D

Pencil me in for PC as well.

You have holidays on Feb 13? That's like my 2nd week of TAFE for the whole year - holidays are at the last week of March and 1st week of April.

Yeah. the half-term holiday starts on 8th feb. We went back after Crhistams on the 3rd of jan :(
Hey Iced, I think I might be able to join this one, so put me down as a maybe.
Done.
>Lee<;40679']Im in!! deffo
I guess I'll have to add more space. But who cares? :bananasplit:

Well I voted for Gumball should include points in it but I've changed my mind. To me Gumball should not include points, its better being a cruise than a race because crusies are more fun and there is gonna be some ppl with really fast cars. Besides that what if your favorite car is a Corvette Stingray? and the other guys is a Pagani Zonda? How can both of them even race? see my point?