We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Frontlines : Fuel Of War

The Queen

Frontlines : Fuel Of War

Well Frontlines : Fuel Of War is released at the end of this month and from what I have seen and heard it's gonna be one hell of a game and am really looking forward to it. So much so that I preordered the special edition from play.com earlier this month. Release date for the game is the 29th February!

http://www.frontlines.com/

The Special Edition

Frontlines: Fuel of War - Special Edition features an exclusive art book. You will also receive a limited edition t-shirt as well as the official Frontlines: Fuel of War soundtrack which lends its individual sound from a mash up of New Metal, Electro beat and orchestral tones. Just when you thought that was enough, you get a poster thrown in for good measure.

About the game

Not too far in the future... The global natural resources are on the brink of depletion. As our economies and our way of life tumble into chaos, the superpowers clash to gain control...

Set in a fictional future based upon the headlines of today, F.O.W. brings players into the world's next great war. As society succumbs to a worldwide energy crisis, a new global depression takes hold. Amidst this desperate backdrop, two superpower alliances emerge. Join the battle on the frontlines of tomorrow as the Western Coalition or the Red Star Alliance.

The year is 2024 and the world stands on the brink of economic and social breakdown, natural resources are all but gone and the superpowers have reformed. The Western Coalition (Europe and American) and the Red Star Alliance (China and Russia) are now at war over the last remnants of oil in the Caspian. You take control of the Stray Dogs unit (part of the Western Coalition) leader as you fight a series of large scale high intensity battles in a desperate bid to secure your way of life.

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1011312/Frontlines-Fuel-Of-War-Special-Edition/Product.html

i didnt much like it myself. has the wordsbattlefield all over it.

havent gotten the multiplayer yet, but i did not like the single player. the controls felt really unresponsive and the game as a whole just annoyed me.

i'll wait for bad company personally

This game is what I call a marmite game, some will love it and others will hate it, myself being different to the norm neither love nor hate it, it's alright but it's not brilliant, it's good fun and the sounds and action is frantic and the fact you are online with upto 31 other people makes for quite the frantic battle. However my main complaint is that it seems to play like Halo in that it's all run and gun and throwing explosives, not many people actually kill by shooting and headshots don't seem to registered.

Note though that this does not make it a bad game as it is a lot of fun and once you learn how to get a squad and control it and communicate between it then it becomes quite a tactical team based shooter with real people.

Playing the MP demo I would say it's pretty much a Battlefield clone but it's definitely one of the better ones that's for sure.

I would rate the Streets map with no air as my favourite though, no tanks or helos, it's all about your team and CQB.

This game is from the people that made the popular Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942. They also helped with Battlefield 2 so they have taken all the bits that worked and some new ideas and created Frontlines.

I like the idea of the frontlines part, like they say you are not chasing around the map like other Battlefield games. I am going to get this I'm sure as I like the battlefield type games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...