We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GT5: Ferrari F1 2007 Screens and Modelling

Nodz86

Don't do it mate. Try and get a 60GB PS3 from somewhere because the one in that package is the 40GB which has some problems. The F1 car and Pro mode aren't in my version of Prologue, but Diablo said about the update on the Atari Forums so i'll check it out tomorrow.

Problems? Or a lack of features/hardware?

Problems? Or a lack of features/hardware?

Definately lack of features iirc the 40gb is the replacement to the 20gb and all they done was upgrade the hdd. The 40gb is suffering with the lack of backwards compatability and less usb ports like the 20gb sku.

Thats why I'm waiting for them to release the 80gb sku that was ment to be out to replace the 60gb when it became obsolete in December.

Another problem is that the Disc reader (sensor) breaking is meant to be a common fault with the 40's, but instead of being ps3less for a month or so like i would be with MS they had a new one out to me the next day

They done that with my mates PS2, when they delivered the new one they took the old one. They can't do that with the 360 due to the dlc only working on the console you downloaded it on.

Yeah, i had to pick up the English version yesterday because there was no update for the japanese one to get the High Speed Ring or the rest of the cars :(. The new one is better than the japanese one anyway, except one problem: Can ANYONE get online or GT-TV working? It has an error with the update for me and my friend. Was going to give Polyphony a ring about it but the call costed £1.00 a minute and you never know how long they'll keep you on hold for.

Yeah, i had to pick up the English version yesterday because there was no update for the japanese one to get the High Speed Ring or the rest of the cars :(. The new one is better than the japanese one anyway, except one problem: Can ANYONE get online or GT-TV working? It has an error with the update for me and my friend. Was going to give Polyphony a ring about it but the call costed £1.00 a minute and you never know how long they'll keep you on hold for.

I didn't have any problem downloading the update first time but a lot of people have been having trouble with it, just keep restarting it and it will resume downloading from where it failed, hopefully you'll get it eventually. I think you need to install the update before it will let you play online as I'm not having any trouble, as for GT-TV all I have on mine at the moment is the game intro.

Well now Forza 3 has been mentioned I will say that GT 6 is going to have damage. I read it somewhere and Polyphony has said that they want to get it spot on before they implement it. Its too late for GT5 to have and theres strong rumours that GT6 will have it.

yeah, but seriously, do you think that by GT6 we will still be alive!

GT games seem to take forever to develop, GT5 has been in the pipeline ages and there still isn't a definite date for it coming out, looking at the titles of articles on N4G (i never really read GT5 news) theres still a year or so to go.

Handling looks good, I'd say forza still has it slightly, but not by miles. definitely an improvement over GT4 though!

Graphics look amazing in screens but i dunno, when you see videos i dont seem to notice as much. The Interior view is pretty sweet though.

sound is atrocious though, some cars sound like the worse cars on TDU, and the tire screech is extremely annoying.

i dunno, GT5 will factor in whether i get a PS3 or not, but when £300 can buy me a years insurance on a motorbike, a console offering a very similar experience to a console i allready have, seems pretty useless.

if PS3 is £150ish when GT5 comes out, the deal might be sweeter.