We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Pets

iBilo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What pets do you guys have?

I have:

Labrador/Poodle 6 month old Puppy

3 nearly 4 year old black cat

Degu.

Gerbil.

And fish.

(not all mine family has stuff.)

((Have only read the first post in this thread so yea))

You are the ONLY other person I know of to have owned a Degu. I bought a breeding pair about 5 years ago and ended up with roughly 30 of the little blighters within 12 months... My last one recently died of old age though :(

Degus are good pets, they've been banned now for domestic use because something in carpets makes them feel ill! We've had ours since about 6 years now. They live up to 10 years old.

BANNED????? wow, never knew that. We got told the same thing in the shop about living up to 10 years, a quick look on the internet and we found that they live up to 10 years easy in the wild..... domesticated degus 'can' live up to 10 years but it is rare and usually last around 3-5 years, typically, in domestic enviroments. (Read it a loooong time ago when I first got them so don't quote that word for word lol.)

BANNED????? wow, never knew that. We got told the same thing in the shop about living up to 10 years, a quick look on the internet and we found that they live up to 10 years easy in the wild..... domesticated degus 'can' live up to 10 years but it is rare and usually last around 3-5 years, typically, in domestic enviroments. (Read it a loooong time ago when I first got them so don't quote that word for word lol.)

They got banned for domestic use early this year. They're only used in capitivity at zoos now. Its a shame.

Labradors are good tho.

I have 2 Dogs meself, One is what we think is an american bulldog cross (he was a rescue dog) he's about 6 and Is called Sebastian and the other is a growth stunted English Springer Spaniel, She's 3 and is called Ursha