We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools [1.16.3]

Djey

For one time sooner is the better ! As I've just finished including all 1.9 features, current release is ready. You shall refer to first post to download.

From now on, I won't be making beta versions anymore, but this tool is provided 'as is' still. So please keep me informed about potential bugs you could encounter (I know there will be).

Finally I will be able to begin working on 1.10. yeah ! :)

and updating user guide, since it's very odd now

Enjoy.

note for myself : I have to update screenshot too. :oook:

aww too bad, otherwise i could've tried another tool for now temporarily to edit those xmb files so i can make good soundmods.

i'm not a programmer so the only thing i can do is wait for a proper xmb editing tool.:)

anyway keep up the good work Djey :thumbsup:

For one time sooner is the better ! As I've just finished including all 1.9 features, current release is ready. You shall refer to first post to download.

From now on, I won't be making beta versions anymore, but this tool is provided 'as is' still. So please keep me informed about potential bugs you could encounter (I know there will be).

Finally I will be able to begin working on 1.10. yeah ! :)

and updating user guide, since it's very odd now

Enjoy.

note for myself : I have to update screenshot too. :oook:

Release notes for this version:

Main:

* Many bug fixes

* A few minor visual enhancements

* Temporary files automatically cleaned only when closing

* Basic/Advanced display mode in main panel is saved into settings

Launcher:

* All features now gathered in one single button

File Browser:

* BNK Manager and Edit Tasks visibilities are saved into settings

* File properties can be displayed (right-click, Properties)

* Bnk Manager: new 'Load...' button to directly open a BNK file

Camera&IK Fix (new !):

* Allows to use cameras from another vehicle to maintain modder's recommended positions

* Also permits to use placing information (IK) from another vehicle (driver's hands, seatbelts, etc.)

Names Editor:

* Includes latest name list (r18-3)

Settings:

* Windows registry fix feature (TDU's main folder, game version)

* Ability to delete radial.cdb file, on demand

Patch Editor:

* When setting some parameters, known values are proposed

* Install/uninstall patches support

* New instructions: changeCameraSet / changeIKSet

ModAndPlay!:

* Install/uninstall patches support.

You deserve an UBERMODDER title man ,thank you!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

One question though ,regarding the camera views ,is it possible to program one button so that when you're in the game ,you can change camera positions on the fly ,like cycling through all of them one by one each time you press the button? :confused:That would be SO MUCH easier:thumbsup: than renaming the model zillion times and trying classically to find the a good view first and then changing it from outside of the game. Tell me you can do that please!:ill:

p.s. big THX again for your hard work ,keep it up!:bow:

:) If it was possible, I would have made it like this, already... but you have to restart the game to change database. No other solution.

Neithertheless I don't think it's hard to use... simply apply camera and IK sets from the car which is replaced initially. It should work well.

Wait the minute,so it doesn't even function like with 3dmodels/sounds(just alt-tab/win button when in dealership, change files/samples and back in the game)? I have to restart the game every time?

(I'm not whining,just asking;))

Wait the minute,so it doesn't even function like with 3dmodels/sounds(just alt-tab/win button when in dealership, change files/samples and back in the game)? I have to restart the game every time?

(I'm not whining,just asking;))

I've managed to change camera's without exiting, just use what you just said.. :cheeky:

I thought it was highly unpossible, but so...

great news ;)

But changing cameras is not like swapping models. As it concerns directly database files, all I know these are loaded at startup-time only....

That's a major breakthrough!!! I hope in the near future it's possible to change dealership at which the cars are sold (so that you can move them around keeping the performance of the car you want to replace). In the PC version there are some dealers with empty spaces.

Well Djey that's fantastic! I really appreciate your work since TDU is my favourite racing game for PC. The only missing thing would be performance editing which could be halted because of the cheating but there's so many people with trainers that I don't think Atari would bother with changing speed of cars through editing of game files...

BTW is this an entirely new vehicle with SSR data or an SSR replacement?

The tools don't allow to do it right now, so you've got to wait for next version,

Either you could post in Mod Talk I think.

:)

No I'm not talking about that, I'm talking like how do I close a dealer and open the other, like "dc300m02" did with the Nissan's and Japanese Imports.

Since 1.66 patch, Atari have set a data checking feature up through their servers. It appears current car characteristics are compared with a clean TDU copy > disconnecting database modders in online.

So don't expect too much about performance editing. It could be really fair.

Cheaters with trainers are less affected... very disappointing once more.