We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Mods : Turbo Gear Sound Mod

[TC]>Lee<

TDU Mods : Turbo Gear Sound Mod [v2.0 Update]

TDU Turbo Sound Mod v1.0 + v2.0

Turbo Sound Mod Creator: killall

V2.0

[Download link]

Video:

V1.0

[Download link removed by creator]

[Original Thread link]

Video on v1.0 - [link]

Found this while browsing google, dunno if its already been posted and what not, but here it is!

This isnt my work so massive credit to the maker!

-Lee over and out!

Hiya, didnt know mi mod was getting a bit of fame :). Anyways this is my first action at TDU sound modding. Version 1 was pritty bad tbh and is bugged with the new RUFs. Version 2 i changed all the sounds once again. I hope to believe its a bit better now. Any suggestions are welcome and keep up the good work here :monkeydance: (lol)

What about this? http://www.vimeo.com/801518/ Is this not you?

Nope, i did get started with Turbo sound modding cause of him.

I think i understand what happend, Version 1 "beta" was a collection of different sounds from different mods alrdy created, but I edited volume a bit. I soon understood that i shouldnt be posting that cause it isnt really my own work. Then i made version 1 rather quickly and replaced the "beta" version with version 1. So i assume u dlded the beta version wich uses X2's sounds.

U could post X2's work as well, since its different to my stuff..

Hi , well i've seen you've been talking about me.:o

I tough i was the only one that had done a Turbo BOV mod , i'm glad someone else tough about it .:cool:

The Vimeo link is my v1.0 TurboMod ,yeah.

The mod is now 1.1 and there's it's vimeo :

[vimeo]863096[/vimeo]

I know this is a special mod and it can get a bit boring , sadly Test Drive uses only 2 Gear samples for all it's cars..

Anyways , with the 1.1 you get All cars compatibility + New BOV Sound.

1.2 is on it's way and it's featuring a Brand new realistic Turbo Sound ( not a hairdryer..) and diff BOV sound so you choose the one you like the most.

Nice to meet you guys on theese forums , :)

Dont know if your speaking about my or killall's version but on both ( 1.0 & 1.1 ) i used GTR2 BOV Samples. ( Chattering Wastegate on 1.1 )

So tell me what 's you like to hear and i could add it for 1.2 !

Indeed

Nope, i did get started with Turbo sound modding cause of him.

I'm flattered ^^

This is a perfect example for single turbocharged cars, and this is a perfect example for twin-turbocharged cars:

The sound isn't perfect on the videos but those are just examples of what the Dump Valves should sound like. I know they are both on ricers with engines no bigger than 3.0 litres but I'm just trying to give you an idea.

Lol i know but remember , TDU = 2 Gearshift samples for All Cars + Most of bikes.

I Cant only make this work on some cars , else i can't choose a Twin Turbo sound and a Regular Turbo sound owing to the car.

Anyway , i 've just seen you guys don't like chattering wastegate or COmpressor surge. No big deal.

Now what you're showing me is Low Pressure boost makes a long Psshhtt, On high Rpm it sounds more clear and less "Shhhhh" in the end ( if you understood me xD ?)

Unfortunatly , once again , Test drive manages to make a 0.8sec Sample and that does not Allow a long Shhhh. Still , i'll get a nice sample that you guys should like on the 1.2 + a Turbo Whistle sound , not the common hairdryer.

+ That's what my " shakers with tiny balls in it " sound reproduces in 1.1 :

Yes i agree Test drive doesnt makes it easy ! :/

Still , the very first videos on this topic aren't my work. The only videos on my work are the Vimeo host vids. ( The 350Z Nismo one )

The best game for different BOV and a great turbo sound remains....ProStreet. I Just love to leave the throttle at 4000rpm and at 8000rpm to hear a different pressure sound out from the best dump i've ever heard ! Hopefully i get a PS3 ( congrats for yours ! ) and enjoy that much more ( then the lagg i get from my comp on PC Version )

Yeah, ProStreet is really good for turbo and dump valve sounds, and I think for muscle car tick-overs as well. I love to just turn the sound up sometimes on my TV and rev my S13 up or just get my Charger out and listen to it tick-over for a bit :D.

EDIT: I want to get ProStreet for PC soon as well though for the McLaren F1, S2000 and DBR9 in the pack. I can get them for PS3 too but I have to pay for them through credit card (which my parents don't let me do), which also explains why i'm probably the only person in the world without the megapack still :P. But i'm trying to get round that.