We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Various: Day and Night Vision Mod [Tutorial]

Iced_Bullet

Night Mod Vision:

This allows you to have night within TDU. This has synronised weather, and also has the sun moving from east to west, and not moving up and down like the default.

Click to Enlarge

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/Test%20Drive%20Unlimited/Mods/thNight_Mod_2.jpg http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/Test%20Drive%20Unlimited/Mods/thNight_Mod_1.jpg

Download this .zip files:

http://www.siteupload.de/p174684-NightSunModv02zip.html

Step 1

Make a backup of the original files and extract the .zip into 'C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\FX' - replacing the original files with the downloaded ones.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/FX.jpg

Thanks to crazydoc for the in-game pictures, method and files.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

*Important notes*

- It will take a few minutes for this change in the environment to occur, so be patient.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

if you keep holding the lights button down, go into the options menu and click the headlights thing to change which button it is. keep the button held down until it says "waiting for neutral" then release the button. if done correctly and on a steering wheel or controller (haven't tried on a keyboard) the lights should turn off when you press the button. hope that makes sense :)

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys while moddin i forgot to make a back up of the weather folders that wer replaced by these files any chance somone could put them up?

As im not sure i like driving in the dark.

great mod maybe not for me...

• 1 month later...

Yes it does switch (one of the ini files has a number you can edit to speed up or slow down the time scale of day/night).

Some of my older night pics:

20071023222109.jpg

20071022203815.jpg

20071022212509.jpg

And some pics from when I was editing my own version of the weather files to see what effects I'd get:

20080116235140.jpg

20080116235304.jpg

20080119210413.jpg

Those photos were taken a long time back on my old PC

Most of my photos are here. Sort by date to get the ones taken on my new PC down the bottom together. Use the DL links at the top left to get 1440x900 version. I otherwise post my pics to the official European TDU forum.

• 4 weeks later...

cool, It's good that it cycles slowly so it looks realistic, I always hate when the sun goes down then comes back up in the original setup. this is good,

TO keep the car lights on change the light key to the same one as the acceleration so when u accelerate the lights come on. just a thought.

Well some of us actually use our brakes - we're not all n00bs in S7's :)

Also I don't want to be sending infinate ICR's to others in the area - I pretty much never use that feature anymore. It's rumored that all this stuff will be in the next TDU2 (which is a rumor in itself) so hopefully we'll get it this decade :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
it will be night only, or somtimes it will be morning, and if it wont be night always how much night time/day time i have?

There's very nice sunsets (two great places are the beach at the back of Ford Island and that lighthouse in the bottom right corner - great pics there, and great to watch). It gradually fades into night (and day), and you know those TOD things that are in Photomode? Well, cycling through that will bring a full rotation of day/night. :)

This is the version I have, at any rate. It's probably one of the ones mentioned...

Also, the legnth of the day/night cycle can be changed. :)

-Leadfoot

Cant I make it only night time? For example, its night time out here in reality, so I would like to drive on a night time too, is it possible? And how do I change a time scale to make the day and night longer??? Importance is, how can I make it remain in night time??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...