We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Various: Day, Night and Mist Mod [Tutorial]

Iced_Bullet

Night and Mist Mod Vision v2.0:

This allows you to have night AND mist within TDU. This has synronised weather, and also has the sun moving from east to west, and not moving up and down like the default.

Click to Enlarge both

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/Test%20Drive%20Unlimited/Mods/thMist_Night_Mod_2.jpg http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/Test%20Drive%20Unlimited/Mods/thMist_Night_Mod_1.jpg

[Download 1]

[Download 2]

[Download 3]

Step 1

Extract the .zip into 'C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\FX' - replacing the original files with the downloaded ones.

Remember to rename the downloaded files by taking the 'MN_' out from the names, as this was done to allow for multiple uploads on my hosting site :)

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/FX.jpg

Thanks to killall for the in-game pictures, method and files.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

*Important notes*

- It will take a few minutes for this change in the environment to occur, so be patient.

• 2 months later...

Hey,

I have a quick question about this mod: When I start my game, everything is fairly dark and somewhat misty, but after a few minutes everything lightens back up to its original setting and stays there. How can I fix this? I'd like it to cycle more.

• 1 month later...

Change the colour to white. I have a feeling it will be a lot more hastle than it's worth. Copy and pasting loads of things was long enough for me. As you'd have to change a few numbers, then pop into TDU to try it and then try and find the weather. It will take an awefully long time to take the blue bit out. Sorry =[

• 1 month later...

Having some problems as another user in here, For me the weather after the mist is not changing AT ALL, I'll keep it going for another 10 -20 minutes and see if anything happens, there has been cloud, but that's it, no night nothing.

Edit 2:

Okay, I did everything it says, replaced files, renamed etc etc, Went into game, saw mist "like guy above said" then it disappeared, kept game constantly going while I did other stuff for an hour, The sun still goes down, it does not get dark, but we do see mist when we first start the game up.....

What the hell? lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe so, but some of the rooms do have lights turned on (bad quality vid) and it's more realistic than driving around in the dark, then going into a house with full sun coming in through the windows. Don't forget that cars and street lights don't come on with the night-mod, so it's a little pointless making that complaint ^^^ :)

• 2 months later...
Night and Mist Mod Vision v2.0:

This allows you to have night AND mist within TDU. This has synronised weather, and also has the sun moving from east to west, and not moving up and down like the default.

Click to Enlarge both

[Download 1]

[Download 2]

[Download 3]

Step 1

Extract the .zip into 'C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\FX' - replacing the original files with the downloaded ones.

Remember to rename the downloaded files by taking the 'MN_' out from the names, as this was done to allow for multiple uploads on my hosting site :)

Thanks to killall for the in-game pictures, method and files.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

*Important notes*

- It will take a few minutes for this change in the environment to occur, so be patient.

Thank you for the awesome mod, Iced_Bullet. I applied this mod on my setup and it works great. I get Mist, Day, and Nights and turns in cycle as it should.

I have a big favor to ask. Could you create a mod for a permanent Mist or permanent Night? I hate day driving. The reasons are below:

- I fall asleep when driving in the daylight.

- Driving at night feels 'cool'. Plus it is better for my monitor not having to generate a strong light (daylight sunny) on the display. I drive in in-dash mode (In-car). There is also static image to be concerned.

Can this be done? Please do let me know.:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
There is a semi night, where it goes day light then night - http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=3772

Permenantly mist - http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=3298

+ Please don't quote images, thank you =)

Sorry for the late response. I tried both link you offered. I like the first of the two better. At night I can see the road a little better and the rest look better too.

I guess it's tough to change the code so you could make it permanent night.:twisted: But thanks anyway. It's better than before.

• 9 months later...