We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What Music...

iD S i k K

i d k if im in right section or anything, but was just curious as to what music do you peeps listen to :) i know that in past LAN & WCG tourneys i've seen people with headphones on listening to metal or techno or hip hop etc.... personally i think the music you listen to while you play a driving game can either dampen or improve your style and technique. I prefer heavy metal \m/ like KALMAH or The Absence, sometimes when i throw those in i can really feel the difference in the way i play, like literally my heart beats faster and i dont know but i just get real deep into game and all that... so out of curiousity what do you listen to ???

I listen to rock/metal/heavy metal (but the not the crap where they scream). I like my music with good bass but not too much because my speakers like to bounce around my room. I have noticed that I am better at games when I have good music on but as soon as i start to sing I kinda lose my concentration and lose.

Me ??????

I mainly listen to Indie Rock but lately I have started to enjoy some good old blues (you know BB King ?????), classic Motown, classic Soul, classic RnB & classic rock.

I have a pretty diverse music taste and I listen to whatever I like and I generally don't follow the crowd with my music taste i.e. like a band/song because everyone else does !!!.

I'm mostly a heavy metalhead (the more screamo the better!) but I like light stuff aswell and trance/techno stuff, I'll show a number of stuff I like:

Slipknot

Linkin Park

Nickelback

Bon Jovi

Metallica

Trivium

Garude (I think it is)

Bullet For My Valentine

Shellshock (only local but they're awesome! Their anti chav song ftw)

Iron Maiden

Bring Me The Horizon (only heard the cover of Eyeless by Slipknot)

Jimi Hendrix

Santana

KoRn

Mindless Self Indulgence

Escape the Fate

Kids in Glass Houses

Stuff like that! :excited:

Guest RB26DETT

bands i listen to while playing games: ;)

Alternative Metal

* Shinedown

* Sevendust

* Flyleaf

Heavy Metal

* Metallica

* Black Label Society

* Rob Zombie

* Slipknot

* Hell Yeah

Power Metal

* Quiet Riot

* Motley Crue

* Edguy

* Twisted Sister

* Poison

* White Snake

id say i like alternative (formerly indie) such as Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs, Frattellis and the like. I prefer not to say i like indie anymore following the upshot of whiney poo masquerading as 'indie' (case in point, amy whine-house and the genre on teh whole sucks a fat opne now. all you need is a whiney voice, and acoustic guitar and a song with rhyming qualities similar to a poem written by a 4 year old.

Nowadays i like stuff like The Hives (fav band ever :D) Kula Shaker (seen them twice!) Foo Fighters, Bloc Party, White Stripes...

i love older music to be honest, my favs from the good old days would be The Who, Led Zepp, ACDC, The Beatles, Oasis, Blur, Supergrass (still going but having seen them live their new stuff sucks)

erm, much more, too early in the morning for a decent list

Anything that sounds good, and for your listening pleasure.

Absolutely brilliant tune. This one I remember from years ago, still my favourite track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCYST35gSvU

and these are awesome tunes too, proper old skool:

And this is possibly the best mix i've ever heard, both of my favourite songs put into one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vq7ZsIjv1s

hmm i listen to metal, rock and occasionally Matt Munro, On Days Like These (intro music to The Italian Job 1969) whilst driving the miura. mostly rock and metal tho. but none of this new crap. just older stuff like Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Black Sabbath, The Who, Blondie, Aerosmith, The Stranglers, Buzzcocks, T.REX etc. that sort of stuff. i must admit that when i play a really good track my driving improves dramatically. for example i was drifting without music in a GT500 and i was doing ok staying on the track (ohau raceway), but i then put Pinball Wizard on and suddenly i was doing huge drifts. then when the song had finished my driving went all to pot, again. so i'd agree that different music gives you a different driving style.