We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA IV

YeOldeTDUMan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah the attention to detail is going to be surprising me for a long time

last night it was my first time online and so first time in a Helo and also over to the over islands

the thing that got me was the spray effect when you hover the helo low over the water ... just class

oh and I think the water is pretty good in itself ... even just the wash off the front of the boats is great

yeah i think now single player is for when nobody else is around, this game has needed online multiplayer for a long time, just a shame you can't do the little mini games online either, but on another GTA dedicated forum there is a big thing going on about it, so maybe if rockstar listen, could be a future patch

like how interior lights in cars switch on & off when you open the door.

Yeah i noticed that aswell! Have you guys driven a Banshee yet?

It gives backfire! :D And when you drive the Sabre (Not the GT) you will notice it's old, because of all the black smoke coming out the exhaust :D

And driving in the rain is so cool :D Love it how those muscle cars drift:D

Im at 25% now :)

This game is so beautiful. It actually annoys me, when someone calls me and has a mission for me. I just want to explore. Been doing the Subway thing a bit, cruising in my Flexter (Or however it's called.) Stole it as the first criminal thing I did. Got chased by the police and ended up denting it pretty badly. Drove it through the Pay'n'Spray only to loose it, because I took a mission in it. Drives like a dream though. Banshee is faster, but not as much grip on that one.

Last night, when I went to bed, I had saved two cars outside Romans apartment. A Banshee and a Policecar. Dunno if they are both there, when I log on tonight. But they drive pretty well, compared to that piece of junk Roman cabs people around in.

This game by far outclasses the previous ones. The attention to detail, the graphics, the soundtrack... everything is awesome. I completed every game since GTA III more than once, and this will keep me entertained for months. (Anybody wanna fill in for me at work)

I also jacked a car off someone, only to have them grip the door as it slams and then getting hauled through the city, till I sideswiped some poor guy in a car and the unfortunate fellow finally released his grip. ;)

I find it interesting, that you get to choose to let certain people live or die. Wonder how it will influence the game. I decided to act how I would act, if it was the real world, and not just kill people just for fun. So I let Ivan live, because Vlad is a tool. How do you make your decisions?

Use the [*spoiler][*/spoiler] tags (minus the *) for spoiler info

@ Baxie:

Well, till now i killed them all. The only person i did not kill was Duane's ex-girlfriend. I just kill them because in my opinion you have to be loyal to the family :)

Hope that helps.

Baxie - just go to your mobile and turn on 'Sleep Mode' which suspends the story and leaves you free to roam.

Diablo - can we please have a GTA IV Section or at least a GTA IV Missions discussion thread as I was reading this for general comments about the nice touches etc but now know about missions I haven't got to yet ... having only done about 4 missions so far!

Fun with a Cab!

Whistle a cab on one of the other islands where to access your destination you need to pass through the toll and get the guy to 'Hurry' by pressing 'X' (360) and watch in Cinematic mode and when he crashes through the toll you'll have a police chase that's worth watching, just make sure if he gets boxed in or rolls it you bail quickly. :D

I just had a very very weird glitch when playing Pool. When it's your opponenets shot keep pressing A to skip it and if you do it right the camera will jump into another building that hasn't loaded and show nothing yet you still play pool????

lol I still won as well somehow.

Will try that Diablo! :D

I had this one in the afternoon:

One Man Army

You survived a 6 star wanted level for a full 5 minutes.

0ICLiGJhbC9ECBoEGlxTVkYyL2FjaC8wLzIwAAAAAOfn5--8G94=.jpg

40 G_Icon_External.gif

Acquired

Damn I never knew about that one, in fact I don't really bother with achievements but that's a nice one to have, I can usually do well against a chase though that damn chopper always gets a lucky potshot at me usually.

BTW I am putting GTA IV vids on my youtube but due to the nature of the content I won't be linking them.

@ Diablo: What i did:

I took a helicopter at island 2. Then i flew over island 3. I flew back to the Statue of Happiness and hided there. Cops won't come :p

I also had a very long chase with 5 stars on the first day i got the game. I couldn't lose them so i just killed myself :o

Damn, i want this game :D. Shame PS3 doesn't have achievements though, i'd like a gamerscore and GTAIV achievements :D. Am thinking about getting a 360 though, but i don't know if it's worth it as i would only play Final Fantasy XI, Forza 2, TDU (maybe), Left 4 Dead (when it comes out) and Halo 3.

How can I get my parents to buy GTA4? :mad:

They think that its "the most violent game in the world".

Its not as if I'm scared. I laugh at gore. I cried with laughter over Resident Evil especially when the man gets cut into pieces by the laser. What's this gonna do to me.. :mad: