We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

360 Or Ps3? Especially for GTA IV

Guest ShiZzl3

Guest ShiZzl3

Hey All,

in hype of GTA IV and disappointed that it wont arrive on PC for 6-12 months as its not even announced.

I'm thinking of Purchasing a 2nd hand ps3 or xbox 360

ATM GTA IV is the only game ill play.

I don't have a HD TV or LCD etc.

However i do have my 22" Asus VW222u, and i THINK it is HD ready, so i could hook up 360 to it to play in HD right?

Basically After suggestions, on whether to go new or 2nd hand and ps3 or 360

My questions are, what price should i be after and what type/model xbox360 i should get.

Ive always had a play station so i dunno. but they seem more expensive and a bit too expensive for my liking. i don't want to go bust on it

Thanks

Shizzle

EDIT: someone change heading to "Especially FOR GTAIV" not "got", my bad

It depends really. Get the PS3 if you can get the money together because there are so many good things to come to it. Plus with all the points and awards system coming it's gonna be just like Xbox Live minus the £40 a year. GTAIV has some frame-rate issues and glitchiness for 360 but hardly any, but there have been no reports of problems with the PS3 one. The graphics for it on 360 are more colourful and on PS3 are more realistic apparently as well. Erm, if you want to play for hours on end get a PS3 because it really doesn't get hot at all unless if you put it in a cupboard when it's on and doesn't get ventilation, but it won't overheat. Otherwise you just have to hope you'll be one of the lucky ones who doesn't end up with RROD. Unfortunately, the 360 doesn't have wireless internet or HDMI apart from the Elite. But there isn't too much difference right now, but there will be pretty soon.

I feel the Xbox 360 Elite is great, but if you don't want to pay too much, get the one that's the "Best of Both Worlds," the Premium. I feel the Xbox 360 and the PS3 are the same, but it more of what you prefer. I never would go back to Sony since I used to have a PS1, but then it blew up and I decided to burn it for it's death penalty.