We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA IV ... Is it in stock anywhere?

jbenekeorr

Hi, I have had a quick look around the forum for similar threads - sorry for double threading if there is anything similar .... Ohh sorry, i digress. Basically I was hoping to be able to buy the latest installment of Grand Theft Auto for PS3 through an online shop but to my dismay, it is in stock nowhere that i can find (for under £40-£45) Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy?

try woolies they had a load this morning, also try tesco, sainburys, morrisons etc. My local Tesco didnt even have it on display at 9am this morning.

Also I've heard that places have more 360 copies than ps3 not sure how true this is tho.

Hi nodz 86, thanks for the super quick reply, i have looked at woolies online but it is out of stock ... oh well, also i have updated my original post, i would prefer to buy online. Though i might be able to get out somewhere at the weekend (someone owes me a ride in their pickup, so i may take advantage of that)

EDIT: Also, i think it is highly probable that there are more copies about for the 360 - This is probably because there are more 360's out there than PS3's.

Yeah, it's true, there were more copies shipped from 360 than PS3 because there are more 360s out there than PS3s. I didn't get to get it today but i'm going to try a few places on Saturday. It's best to try supermarkets or not very well known shops because the chances are everyone has just gone to GAME or gamestation.

I tried all over the place no luck. The GAME website says ready to dispatch now, Delivery 1-2 Business days (360 & PS3). I have ordered but suspect that they don't actually have any and that the message is left there to get you to order it from them, when it won't likely be available until next week. Either way my copy should be here soon-ish.

EDIT: When I ordered about 2 hours ago it said In stock, now it says unavailable. The PS3 is still listed as in stock so get your hustle on if you want it over there.

This past saturday I went to my Gamestop and got a game, asked the guy "You guys think you'll sell out of that GTA4?" "Definately, you can reserve one for $5".

I called up there yesterday(day after it came out), they said they had a copy. So I went up there, they had plenty to go around.

i had absolute hell buying it on thursday...

game, gamestation, woolies, asda and tesco were all sold out

in teh end i got the last copy that blockbuster had in stock, i was happy too cause i didnt get ID'd despite being 17 ^_^

edit: i remember gamestation saying they were having more stock saturday, so its worth checking around now