We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA IV disc unreadable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nige

So first of all it was my 360 with a 5 minute ring of death now my GTA IV disc is saying unreadable after 5 mins of play wtf ?????

Seriously life isn't going to plan lately for me :cry: !!!!!

Any suggestions ??????

Its all a bit hit and miss but;

Lying down is supposed make life easier for the DVD drive. Games like GTA that stream constantly from the disc put a hell of a lot of pressure on the inferior component. However ventilation when the 360 is lying down is supposedly worse.

Stood up the ventilation is better so less likelihood of an overheat but the DVD drive doesn't enjoy it, so that makes it more likely to sustain damage.

My 360 was stood up, my disc drive is now dead.

Again. This is what I hear and read from forums.

Lying down is supposed make life easier for the DVD drive. Games like GTA that stream constantly from the disc put a hell of a lot of pressure on the inferior component. However ventilation when the 360 is lying down is supposedly worse.

Stood up the ventilation is better so less likelihood of an overheat but the DVD drive doesn't enjoy it, so that makes it more likely to sustain damage.

Again. This is what I hear and read from forums.

Oh right,

Well my game seems to be ok now so I don't know what just happened :oook:.

Weird !!!

Yea just be aware thats all. If it's going to die then there is little you can do to stop it. Mine made a few noises prior to its death. A sort of vibration noise loud enough to be heard over the 360, as the disc changed speed so suddenly. A clicking as it tried to load things. Sometimes I could run halfway down the street before the texture would load leaving things looking very blurry. I got disc read errors even though nothing appeared to be going on to cause them. Then it went fine, few to no disc read errors for the 2 days after. I came back in the evening turned the 360 on and it showed me 3 red lights. It had been fine earlier on that day. So yea.. it sucks but it's unlikely to be your fault if it does go.

I get a disc read error all the time on my FIFA 07 nad 08 all I do is turn it off back on and its fine. Also if it does it alot might be some dirt on the lens so stick a lens cleaner in it and that should sort it.

My disc tray has been dead for ages when I open it with no disc in I have to tap the tray with my finger for it to open but with a disc in it it works fine.

My disc tray has been dead for ages when I open it with no disc in I have to tap the tray with my finger for it to open but with a disc in it it works fine.

Lol don't you just love a quality product. My tray opens and shuts fine, it just doesn't play very much... or anything for that matter.

Well, my 360 has always been lying down, and well, my disc drive broke the other day.. So I'm not really sure if it makes a difference?

Well, my 360 has always been lying down, and well, my disc drive broke the other day.. So I'm not really sure if it makes a difference?

Yea like I said it's hit and miss. It's basically a rubbish design. Luck seems to be the largest factor in a 360's longevity.

@ Mike, yea I have heard about the Blu Ray failing in PS3's but it's no where near the scale of RRoD.

I have to do that with mine all the time! Disc or no disc.

Its even worse when there's no disc... i spend ages prodding the ray in a vain effort to get it to open. Then when i get a disc in and close it, it reopens a few seconds later. Open, close, open, close, open, close... Good times.

lol My PS3 runs like sex.

COUGH*virgin*COUGH

Surely a comment like that deserves a Nugget award. :excited: