We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cadillac CTS V breaks Nurburgring record !!!

Nige

Well Im not an Eurosnob nether an Americanblob, I loooveee both of them cars... RS4 or CTS-V???? BOTH. American and Europian cars are the most prettiest, powerful, deadly cars on the planet... thing is that u guys dont understand one thing. You guys say that American cars dont go on corner (its true) but why do they have to? I mean, com'on America = Straight roads + love for drag racing + POWER!!! = cars for corners??? it just doesnt make sense. Why would USA build cars for doing good on corners if they dont even have them. LOL, paaaaleeease. I can prove to you that both countries can make fantastic cars...

Dodge Viper - 600hp - 0-60 = 3.5 -> 3.7 sec - V10 - TS -> 202mph

Lamborghini LP560-4 - 552hp - 0-60 = 3.7 sec - V10 - TS-> 201mph

www.wikipedia.com

Good anough for me.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nige the Ring Taxi drivers can't do less than 8min 30secs and they believe that it can do 7:55 fairly confidently. Plus when has a production saloon had a rollcage fitted as standard? This is not a production version and that sub 8min record by a saloon is complete crap, many 4 doors have done sub 8mins.

Now that i think about it, you're right. Evos and Scoobies must have beaten that time before.

Probably. I have just spent 10 mins reading this topic and haven't really learned much apart from showers are meant to get Caddilacs off you and that an M3 can do a very good lap and that how the hell is the Caddilac breaking a record. Best not to get involved :D

Too late now David!

I think that the question of European vs. American cars, is quite unfair.. European cars, are usually lighter, nimbler, less comfortable (as in, not a matress), and fast.

American cars are usually, big, bulky, all over the place comfortable, fast.

But look at the demand in each region... Why would you want, for example, a Lotus Elise in the US, or a Pickup in Europe.. Yes, some have bought it, but the demand isn't there, hence the manufacturers make cars that they can sell in their own region.. You won't see Cadillac producing a 180, 750 kg car, the day before you see Audi produce a 2.5 ton, 500 hp, 8.3 V8, with an undercarriage as soft as Drew Careys belly. The demand isn't there, there's not really any money in it, so why bother?

Honestly, I don't like American cars, but why should I? I live in Europe, and I don't have a Demand for them.. Example, today I saw a Cadillac XLR-V and a Bentley Continental GTC, the Cadillac no more than an hour ago, and yet, I already forgot it, posting in the "What you saw recently" thread.. They just don't excite me, the way their european rivals do.

Ohh I forgot that Audi produced those large V8's... Wait, they don't! I'd say it's nugget worthy... But the S8 and the RS6 for that matter, are different from, let's say, a Dodge Charger SRT-8 or whatever number it has.. Why? Do you REALLY want me to explain, or are your brains developed enough to think for yourself..

sure it may be an american car but ........ how much of it was built in america by americans?

and it has 88.71 bhp per litre compare that with a mitsi evo @ 175bhp per litre if mitsi shoved an 6.3 in an evo it would have 1085 bhp and im sure that would be quiker than that heap of yank tank..

and how much does it weigh? 5tonnes?

EDIT: my citroen C2 VTS isnt far behind in the bhp per litre it has 75bhp per litre lol

KTFs Roadmaster sounds Great!

Id put the question like this, Would you prefer your Small square bedroom in the cellar of a falling down house in god knows, filled with cheap furnishings (the CTS-V) or the same size bedroom in Monte Carlo Filled with expensive quality furnishing (M5, RS4)

RS6...?
Wait, isn't the RS6 a V10 ? (Bi-turbo)

Muppet!

That is so true. I'll think about that the next time I hear the term American Car. My car was built in Texas, so it is American.

I really have to stop talking about my car all of the time.

Ironically and never really said is that if you want to buy a car that's made in america by americans!!

Umm buy a Honda or Nissan. Seriously, these 2 have plants in the USA with US workers. Ford is in Mexico and the others are god knows where.

KTFs Roadmaster sounds Great!

Id put the question like this, Would you prefer your Small square bedroom in the cellar of a falling down house in god knows, filled with cheap furnishings (the CTS-V) or the same size bedroom in Monte Carlo Filled with expensive quality furnishing (M5, RS4)

I'll take the small square bedroom please (its more working class !) :D.

The Monte Carlo bedroom isn't me (I'm neither rich or posh !) :D.

Wait, isn't the RS6 a V10 ?

Muppet!

Actually so are the modern S8s.

But the exact number of cyclinders wasn't the point - I was just saying that Audi were in fact quite capable of producing american style big, heavy, wallowy cars that have very powerful high capacity engines.

Big, yes. Heavy, yes. Wallowy? Hell no man... Suspension is tied down sooo much better

And today I've been reminded why everyone hates American cars. I really wanted to give the Dodge Caliber a chance, on account that I love its looks, but my god the interior is crap... Ill fitting panels, woeful design, really limited interior room, awful coloured and worse to touch plastics... <vomits>

I'm not saying that all US cars are necessarily like this, but now I understand what all the British Journos say about crap US interiors...

its wierd, everytime i see the preview of the title of this thread (on teh main page) i see

'Cadillac CTS V breaks...'

and i always expect the next words in the title to be

'...down at major auto show'

:p

its wierd, everytime i see the preview of the title of this thread (on teh main page) i see

'Cadillac CTS V breaks...'

and i always expect the next words in the title to be

'...down at major auto show'

:p

:rofl: :rofl: i was thinking the same ha