We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your photos

Guest RB26DETT

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've checked the html on my pics but three of them are only showing up as links, I resized and edited but still the same three show as links, anyone have any ideas why this happens or is it 'just one of those things'?

Anyway, here's one for the BTTF fans, made by me for the model engineer exhibition in london back in the early 90's from a plastic model kit, it's the only thing I ever won an award for.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z23/Rebuilda/models/dlorian1.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z23/Rebuilda/models/dlorian2.jpg

I've checked the html on my pics but three of them are only showing up as links, I resized and edited but still the same three show as links, anyone have any ideas why this happens or is it 'just one of those things'?

Are you using IMG tags?

Still not working for me, will try another...

Eileen Donan Castle in the Scottish Highlands, used in the original film Highlander so I was told.

EDIT ~ that seems to work, maybe I messed it up putting the large files in the first post by accident?

Ah yes, one of the most photographed castles in Scotland. I bet you didn't know it's fake, the old one was destroyed a long long time ago and they built that one not too long ago with the main purpose being tourism I think. So, technically, it doesn't really have any history as just about all of it was rebuilt/restored. ;)

From Wikipedia :

The original castle was built in the early 13th century as a defence against the Vikings.[3] By the late 13th century it had become a stronghold of the Mackenzies of Kintail (later the Earls of Seaforth). In 1511, the Macraes, as protectors of the Mackenzies, became the hereditary Constables of the Castle.

In 1539 Iain Dubh Matheson, chief of the Clan Matheson, died whilst defending the castle on Eilean Donan island against the Clan MacDonald of Sleat on behalf of Clan Macrae and Clan Mackenzie.

In April 1719 the castle was occupied by Spanish troops attempting to start another Jacobite Rising. The castle was recaptured, and then demolished, by three Royal Navy frigates on 10–13 May 1719. The Spanish troops were defeated a month later at the Battle of Glen Shiel.

The castle was restored in the years between 1919 and 1932 by Lt. Col. John MacRae-Gilstrap. The restoration included the construction of an arched bridge to give easier access to the castle. In 1983 The Conchra Charitable Trust was formed by the Macrae family to care for the Castle. A curious distinction is that it has one of only two left-handed spiral staircases in a castle in Great Britain, as the reigning king at the time of building held a sword with his left hand. Another distinction of the castle today is the grey field gun from the Great War, positioned outside the building by a war memorial and fountain dedicated to the men of the Macrae clan who died in the war.

I will admit though, if you can get the light right then you can get an amazing shot of it especially due to it's surrounding landscape.