We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your photos

Guest RB26DETT

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love what you did with the other photoshopped ones Reaper, however those two panning shots just don't work. The first seems too cropped and with the last, I think you have edited it a bit too much and made it too bright. I wouldn't use vignetting all the time as it doesn't work like that, an example is with the Mini one.

Recent one I put up on Flickr. I don't usually use vignetting but for this shot I thought I would try it and I think it worked nicely!

5141159192_3af774187e.jpg

Aston Martin DBS by David J. Anderson, on Flickr

Thanks queen for the feedback. Yeah i do see your point now you have mentioned it. Will redo the mini one. The Seat one cant do much about the crop as when i rotated it slightly had to crop the edges off so lost a little bit there and that was it for cropping.

And i like your Aston shot ;)

Anyway 2 more.

5144093256_7a2e65d2e4.jpg

Dunlop Great & British Motorsport Festival - BMW by Adam Gleed, on Flickr

5143485231_57368c6ae3.jpg

Thanks queen for the feedback. Yeah i do see your point now you have mentioned it. Will redo the mini one. The Seat one cant do much about the crop as when i rotated it slightly had to crop the edges off so lost a little bit there and that was it for cropping.

And i like your Aston shot ;)

Anyway 2 more.

No problem. Just to note, I am not trying to be mean, i'm trying to be critical. If everyone said they were amazing etc... then you wouldn't get any idea of what people really thought, but yeah you are still learning so fair enough. Just keep trying out some different effects, I usually don't use vignetting as I said before however I do make good use of the curves and edit the shadows and highlights quite a bit to get the lighting and exposure I want.

Those two you did there are quite a bit better than the previous ones, although the first one is quite overexposed but I reckon that could easilly be solved. :)

And thanks for your comment about the Aston shot. It's not my best and I will admit that but I tried something different and people seem to like it so that's fine. :p

I don't upload many detail shots so I went and found one I quite liked, set it all up, and then uploaded it..

5145447516_c1980efebe_z.jpg

.. BAM. As soon as it's up the awkward shadow across the headlight slaps me in the face, how I didn't notice it before is a mystery. Shame, but you live and learn.