We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Xbox Problem

craigie

Last night i had a few mates over and we were playing the xbox fine for hours, casual games of COD and NHL (amazing game to play with a group)

anyway, turn it on this afternoon and load a game of cricket. Go through the menu system and start the game and play for about 2 mins before the sound pops, the game freezes and on screen appears loads of odd dashed lines

Thinking it was a one off, i reloaded a couple more times with the same effect

I then tryed to load NHL(which was working perfectly last night) and it does the same thing there too

managed to get some pics from the phone

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/craigie22/17052008111-1.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/craigie22/17052008114.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/craigie22/17052008115.jpg

Any ideas what it is? i haven't seen it before

looks like its lucky i bought the extended warrenty from game

Ooh, GPU dying by the looks of it. Yea not much life left in that box.

yeah i was taking pics of it happening on different games as evidence but now it decides to crash on the opening logo video lol

i guess its had it

now then, another question. When we bought the xbox (this is my second xbox 360, learnt from past experience) we purchased the GAME store extended warrenty. It was claimed by the salesman that if it failed in its second year (which mine now is) that they wouldnt mess around with repairing it they would just replace it for a brand new one in store. However, having just read the contract it says that they do repair it and only replace the console if its impossible or uneconomic to do so

has anyone else ever taken one back on this warrenty? do they repair or do they just replace?

You are the customer. Give them hell. I'm sure they'll change it. There isn't exactly a shortage of 360's. Beats waiting a month or more for M$ to repair it. And I expect when GAME fix it they just send it to M$ anyway, in the same way you do if you go alone.

You are the customer. Give them hell. I'm sure they'll change it. There isn't exactly a shortage of 360's. Beats waiting a month or more for M$ to repair it. And I expect when GAME fix it they just send it to M$ anyway, in the same way you do if you go alone.

well yeah, we wouldnt have bought the warrenty if they hadn't have said about replacing the console. I think thats what we'll do. Either bring it straight into the store with the box and make them replace or refund it or leave it in the car and just be awkward. I'll do it first thing on a Sunday morning. Nice little wake up for them. (i'm good with keeping replacements, made such a fuss in John Lewis they gave me a full refund a year and a month after my laptop died)

If i can get a refund, i might think about upgrading to an elite. Might get a GTA bundle seeing as i havent bothered to buy it yet (self banned myself due to GCSEs)

I'll go to game around 11 spend an hour or so in there, then revise like hell when i get home, 4 exams in 3 days :oook:

First of all check the cables, it could just be that but yes it looks like you're heading for the RRoD. As for GAME don't be an ass to them as I remember if someone acted like that with myself or my colleagues then I would make them suffer more than they would try and make me.

Tell them you were told by the assistant that it was "new for old" and that you were told that "there is no waiting with it" and the only reason you bought the warranty was because they offered this service. Also tell them that if this is true then you would again buy the warranty (if you were planning on it, don't say this if you're not) from them for your new console but if not then you'll just go through the normal channels and buy your stuff from elsewhere.

Being an ass doesn't get you anywhere and the "customer is always right" is laughed at when you're in sales.

That is very true diablo, make a retail sales assistant angry, they will just be angry and unhelpful back, there not paid to take abuse or angry customers and don't care if the customer shouts at them, it just slows them down and makes them less helpful. So it's not a good idea, if they have security depending on the assistants mood, you could also see yourself removed from the store and maybe even barred. Good luck though.

Craigie you are the man :D !!!!!!!!!

NHL 08 is awesome :D

Anyway that's harsh man at this moment in time I am too scared to put GTA IV in my 360 because it got a 5 min RROD last week so I'm playing other games :p:o !!!!!!!!!

I'm working on the theory that GTA IV is killing these 360's :o !!!!!

Craigie you are the man :D !!!!!!!!!

NHL 08 is awesome :D

Anyway that's harsh man at this moment in time I am too scared to put GTA IV in my 360 because it got a 5 min RROD last week so I'm playing other games :p:o !!!!!!!!!

I'm working on the theory that GTA IV is killing these 360's :o !!!!!

i don't even have GTA (yet)!

NHL 08 is awesome!

Every rainy day, my mates are always round here kicking each others arses in full 20 mins per period matches!

The most fun you can ever have (on a 360!)

i don't even have GTA (yet)!

NHL 08 is awesome!

Every rainy day, my mates are always round here kicking each others arses in full 20 mins per period matches!

The most fun you can ever have (on a 360!)

Yeah it is fun :).

Me and my mate sometimes have a multiplayer (me vs him !) and it is awesome :D.

Do you actually like Hockey in real life then ?????

oh christ, well done, you've got him started now...

lol

it will be your GPU which fried, i had it with my old one before it died, almost the exact same thing leading up...

137489128_2989b6522b_o.jpg

(the red squares all over the screen aint supposed to be there)

yeah, looking at the dates on the replay it was a LONG! time ago

right, went to game and they said to ring the number. My dads pretty much the most impatient man in the world and seeing as my sister often plays her games (viva pinata lol) on mine, he decided to bite the bullet and get an elite

soo, my question to you is now. Where can i get the cable to transfer data from the old HDD to the new one. Is there some sort of online form to fill out or do i have to ring them up?

and at nige7, i like the sport, but as its on so late in the evenings i only watch a couple of matches

You should have something inside the box itself that tells you where to go to order one.

yeah found it

rang them up and was greeted with:

"sorry, we are currently experiencing a 2 month backlog of orders for the cables, it will be another 3 months before we can process yours"

arn't Microsoft great :rolleyes: